Closet DWC Blackberry Nov. 15th 2010

well im not sure if there is a such thing as too much oxygen in the water but remember those general hydroponics water farm systems have up to four oxy stones in one bucket.

yeah i cant find those drains anywhere else either, and check out my profile pic gallery u can see the diff in 2 extra weeks of veg and my setup

Aw man oh well I put the order in but thanks anyways bill, I checked out your gallery man you must be treating those girls just right cause they look lovely. You remind me I need to pick up a circulation fan and figure out what type of co2 cultivator to use but I have time for that.

So I'm just waiting till 4:20 for the light to come on so I can snap some pics of the Blackberry seedlings =) Be right back :roorrip:

So here they are, five out of six are left one unfortunately withered and it was clearly dead. Four of those five are thriving but one doesn't look so good the one in picture two. I've got my temps and Rh posted behind my insect security guard. Overall im happy with the germination rate, I hope that one bounces back soon =)

100_29621.jpg
100_2964.jpg
100_2965.jpg
100_2966.jpg

looks like your two center sprouts are showing the most blackberry traits. cant wait to see as they grow. have u been able to find any info about the strain regarding pheno types or what to expect as they grow?

I know that Blackberry is a black domino cross with raspberry cough. Its definitely a hybrid but im not sure exactly what %. From what I've read its more indica than sativa but the upbeat sativa high is definitely incorporated into the buzz. The leaves are fairly wide but not as much as a more pure indica strain would have, and the plant is supposed to be of medium height. With topping and supper cropping I expect no problems with only 5 ft. of growable height not including lights. I hope this answers cause its about as much as I know to expect from these plants. I'm shooting for at least an once per plant I was told there is a possible yield of 400-500 g/m^2 in SOG. Hopefully I can surprise myself though :;):

Interesting info thanks bill for finding that, it says blackberry is an indica cross meaning pure? but nirvana states they are a hybrid so I'm thinking right with an Indica dominant hybrid. That may be why Nirvanas was only like $30 and on that site it is close to $100, if they have a pure indica blackberry cross. It confuses me when they use the same picture though which means they could have bought the rights from nirvana or something and thats why they charge more. Most places have something good to say about the strain like nice purple buds when the temps are right and awesome flavor appeal which is right where I'm at. I don't consider myself a connoisseur of any kind but I'll grow and smoke a connoisseur's bud! I actually took a look at the strains I ordered blackberry, mango, blueberry they are all fruity! I subconsciously told myself I like fruity bud and went with it. I'm glad my last order came with a few extra seeds to add some variety lol.

I picked Nirvana because of its reputation as a sponsor on here though, that and they have johndoeseeds.com doman with the same strains but you can send payment and remain completely anonymous. This was definitely a plus on my first shipment into the US. Nirvana was super stealthy and cheap so I'm happy with it. I just hope I didn't bite off more than I can swallow with an experience requiring strain :ganjamon:

Also, now I am looking at a window of 6-8 described by vancouver seeds, and a window of 9-11 weeks by nirvana. So anywhere from 6-11 wks; A five week period where I'll be like trying to sneak in a flush before harvest lol. Its okay though I'll just have more incentive to check the buds every day with my magnifier.

Not much is going on in this grow so I'm just posting away lol, but this one is serious.

Anybody who''s just stopping by I have five seedlings and I'm going out of town for four days (its funny how holidays become a bummer) starting tomorrow. But anyways I got my babies in rock wool and I need some advice they are in a dome right now with a few roots poking through their 1 inch cubes but not enough to transplant yet.

Should I just turn my t5 to half power (2 bulbs) to reduce heat,
keep my 6" fan going,
and water them generously before I go and just hope they dont dry up?
I got about 12 hours till I leave and I know that isn't much time but somebody please help!

I am going to post some pics tomorrow morning, they haven't grown significantly but I figure I'll get a photo in before I leave them home alone. I feel like a parent wow :lot-o-toke:

Btw its 90 F in the tent with only my HOt5 fixture and around 75% RH in the dome with the fan running but no circulation fan (in the mail)

Goodnight and good morning to those reading haha
:peace:

Ok no suggestions here :cool:oh well I just did what I said above I'll see them in four days. Heres what they look like this is day 9. The plant on the bottom right is a oregano sprout for my herb garden so just ignore it.

rsz_1rsz_100_2984_jpg.jpeg

As you can see that one is brown I'm half expecting it to be dead when I come back and half expecting it to restore itself, that was one that was planted upside down the other died. Well I'll be lurking on here but no updates on the plants till sunday. Sunday my seeds should be here and I should have some pretty sweet seedlings by then too.

hydro looking good man, sorry i havent been by getting ready for harvest tomorrow morning. and if u got the seed directly from nirvana then go with what they recommend for flowering time to know when to start the flush, but definetly check the trichs to know for sure. cant wait to see the new ones!:blunt:

hydro looking good man, sorry i havent been by getting ready for harvest tomorrow morning. and if u got the seed directly from nirvana then go with what they recommend for flowering time to know when to start the flush, but definetly check the trichs to know for sure. cant wait to see the new ones!:blunt:

Thanks that makes sense, and no worries; let me know what it weighs in at when its done!

I'm just gonna attach my update to this post hope you don't mind bill

The picture below is right when I got home and watered them for the first time in four days
100_29891.jpg

Ignore the bottom right oregano for my hydro herb garden. The next two pics are a few hours after the light came back on to full power and the plant were watered, looking content. I thought it was a cool looking pic of the top left smaller one and I should probably rotate that 2nd biggest one so the 2 get = light.
100_29911.jpg

The short one on the bottom left is keeping up with the tallest two's leaf growth, and the dying one is very stunted but looks like its recovering, might as well keep it for now.
100_29922.jpg

Just another picture, you can see slight discoloration in the short bottom left one's tips i'll have to watch for it getting worse but its nothing yet
100_29901.jpg

I started turning off the fan at night(6hr), the result is a temperature of about 73F and rh of about 90%. During the day(18hr) the temps get up to around 85F and rh about 60-75%. keep in mind this is under the dome so the rh is higher than the tent with is usually around 40 to 50%.

Other than that I just picked up a quarter of cali kush and silver skunk, getting ready to try them now, so i figured what the heck I'll share the buds :yummy:

Silver skunk
100_2994.jpg

Cali Kush
100_29931.jpg

peace:blunt:

Just got this sweet 10x4' micro pore diffuser and its badass putting out .25 millimeter bubbles compared to nearly 20 in my cheap other ones. I'm stoked can't wait to hook it up, its heavy so it sinks easy and I have a 6 inch bubble bar on the bottom attached so the roots should be heavily oxygenated for healthy roots. Thats 26 total bubble inches in a ten gallon res. haha
rsz_100_2998_jpg.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom