Heady's Redemption x 6 with T5 Veg & JD Lighting 600w E Ballast x 2

No worries Robert you are welcome here anytime, especially with questions.

I would guess a piece of sheetrock/gypsum board could be a source.

I plan on sticking with the above mix and the cal/mag this run.....we'll see how everything looks around day 30 of flower.

Up potting is complete. :cheesygrinsmiley:

60% FFOF, 20% Perlite, 20% Vermiculite.

0011648.JPG

Mykos 1 Tbls at root zone

0021646.JPG

Ready for transplant

0031584.JPG

A little crowded for a few days but can't help that right now....

They are going to love the new 5 gal pots.

0041491.JPG

And the 2 Blue cheese in waiting still in their 1 gal pots....1 for clones and 1 for the grow.

0051417.JPG

0061239.JPG

One thing that I learned from my first grow is to make sure that the roots pretty much fill the new pot. When I cut them down there was a lot of dirt on the sides and bottom with no roots. That only cost me money for un-needed nutes and soil.

I read I'm pretty sure on one of Kings grows that up potting is great for root growth...

My dixie cups had a nice circle of roots when transplanted, and with 30 days into the 1 gal pots I had circling roots again in all six pots at yesterdays up potting and new mix.

Going from the 1's to 5's will give me about 2" of new space for side root growth and 4" at the bottom.....plants are definately responding well this method so far....I will cut a wedge out of the root ball at harvest and snap a few pics to see what it looks like at root zone this time.

So...I have been using cheap 19" open wing style alum hoods since day 1- 3 yrs ago.....of course this make having a controlled environment alot of work from spring thru the high heats of summer.

I am looking at sealed units....price and function are both a concern

I found these yesterday and the overall reflector is comparable to most XXXL 6" hoods just no glass and reduced weight.

Here's a pic...any opinions on this thing? Retail is around $125 each

Saturn 6 38"x 29" x 7 $99.95 or Saturn 8 42" x 29" x 9 $129.95
Saturn_8.jpg

The other obvious choice is a pair of these retail from $150 - $250 depending on where purchased

32 1/2" long x 26 1/4" wide x 7 3/4" tall
sealed_xxxl.jpg

So what any thoughts on the cool tube version vs the sealed glass unit would be very helpful please :high-five:

The CoolTube cools the hood fine, I wouldn't worry about that. The main thing is the reflectivity and how much YOU think cheaper German silver loses reflectivity. And if you can still get them at that CL price that's a $100.00 savings on the pair versus the XXXL's. That's a lot of nutes!

The cool tubes are rated at 95% German grade I think.

"Highly reflective German aluminum hood with a 4.5 ft spread."

I agree the savings is a good selling point and it puts out a very large foot print, just looks funky.

Still undecided..........

I agree with the up potting. But last grow my roots didn't fill the 7 gal from the 4 gal in a week and a half from veg to harvest. Your mileage may vary! You have a better nute regime than I had that grow.

I agree with the up potting. But last grow my roots didn't fill the 7 gal from the 4 gal in a week and a half from veg to harvest. Your mileage may vary! You have a better nute regime than I had that grow.

From dixie cup to circling roots in the 1 gals after 30days.....flower will be 60days so should have some good fuel and space for full flower, I'm getting excited about this grow finally.:)

Thanks J6,

Finding someone actually using one is golden info....I will be getting 2 in the next week or so.

Thanks again for the pm reply, very helpful info. :thumb:

Not a problem at all Heady,that's way were all here.:circle-of-love:
By the way.I ordered from Bonza some time back with 0 delivery problem's.know as far as my germ skill,Different story there.I am getting it down tho.:thumb:
Sorry I cant scroll any smile's.
Same problem here on the smileys Jimmy. However if you pull up the box and use the up/down arrow keys on your keyboard it works that way. Up/down till you find the one you want then you can click on it. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom