My JD Lightings 600w Ballast Grow Journal & Review #2

209 Cali C.G

I got this digital ballast from are forum sponsor; Jd Lighting, and was picked out, to test it and give a fair review.This was my first time using a digital ballast, because I have always used magnetic ballast.

I'll I can say is wow This ballast will know what bulb you have, and can adjust the power from 50, 75, 100, 110%

Also I'm running a 400 mh bulb on it at 50% for veg right now with zero problem.

Okay now for the grow.I'm growing 2 Mangoes, and one Green crack, one Lemon skunk.

This is a soil grow, and will be using Fox farm nutes, with Monster bloom, and Bud candy in the mix.Forgot to say I'm using Green earth soil from Walmart, with 30% more perlite.

Re: My Jd 600w ballast review, and grow.#2

Well here is when I got the Jd Ballast
Picture_1049.jpg
Picture_10811.jpg

Well when I got the box everything was there, but a manuel?I'm just saying, I know what it does, and how to use one, but there are a lot of people who don't know the 50, 57, 100, 110% or plug inlet to use or if they have to use a Digital bulb??The list can go on.Other then that, this is a bad ass ballast for a great price! https://www.jd-lightings.com/resonanceIgnition.jsp

600W Digital Ballast $149.99 Shipped! 2 x 600W Digital Ballast $279.98 Shipped!

1000W Digital Ballast $199 Shipped! 2 x 1000W Digital Ballast $349.99 Shipped!

As you see I built a grow box cube, well I needed a place to veg my clones, and used my work bench as a grow box too.These clones will be in my clone chamber till the other plants are done in mid April, so I will lst them for now to keep them short.

Grow box is 32''w x 35''l x40''h

I have a place in my house where I flower, but right now I have plants in there.

Ballast is working like a champ with that bulb.So far, no fire with the 400w bulb at 50%.

I don't care about this bulb, going to get the right bulb for it soon, and a new mh 400w bulb for veg for the other ballast.

I was going to just kill this grow thread, because of my sick clones, but after running them with the Jd ballast for two days there recovering good now!I just flushed them 2 days ago too.

man that ballast is kick ass..if that sponsor sees this and wants another review you can send on of those my way my friend.

209 your one lucky guy to get a free ballast from the sponsor here. i've read posts about it but never got the chance to get my hands on one.

Well clones are coming back, and seeing more green, and growth.

Will update the pics this weekend.

Ballast is working like a champ!!Just want to say I live next to cable box, telephone towers,
and, my tv.I have not had any problems with interference from the ballast.

So no update pics yet, because I've been trying to save my clones from death.Here are some pics of how the looked when I got them.
Picture_1544.jpg
Picture_1524.jpg
Picture_1504.jpg

Mistake#1

The clones where over feed, then put in shock by me with my 80w light on them with over nutes plants!

Mistake#2 Spying my plants down when they were in shock for spider mites, and not flushing them when I know I should of!

Mistake#3 This should really be mistake#1!! Never take clones with spider mites, and look sick and over feed!!

Noob--101-- PICS from Saterday

Picture_2016.jpg
Picture_2002.jpg
Picture_1996.jpg
Picture_2023.jpg

Plants are showing deep purple stem bad!All are, so I need to feed , but there showing new growth so I don't know??

What to do??

I think I fucked up by putting to much perlit in??Mix is 50/50 Soil/perlite.

I'll try the 1/4, if the purple doesn't go away soon.thanks

I'm thinking some 511 fish nutes 1/4

Well no much to add, clones where still dropping new growth leafs fast, so I just made a last ditch effort to save them, and went back to my Kellogg soil, and now my plants are showing new growth and staying!!

Sorry for not posting the video, after I made the video, I was not happy with it, and would like to do it with the right bulb, so I can show the dimming features.

Back
Top Bottom