My JD Lightings 600w Ballast Grow Journal & Review #2

Re: My JD Lightings 600w Ballast Grow Journal and Review #2

any reason for not using a hortilux bulb with a digital baLLAST????...your plant leaves seem to be yellowing...may be a nitrogen def...:thumb:
Good eye on the yellowing.I was using fox farm and my leafs turned really grean, but plants where drooping with red stem??So I backed off the n.Now I just bumped up my mix this last Saturday with more n, and switch back to Alaskan nutes with Tiger bloom too.I like the faceted too-- I only need to mix 2 bottles vs 3 bottles

I didn't care for the 400 mh Hortilux bulb that was $75.My plants where better last run with a cheaper bulb, but will just use that bulb for now, when I get my 400 mh ballast back after my friend is done using it.Going to run my old faithful ballast for mothers plants.

well got my Tangerine dream clones 2 of them.
Picture_3931.jpg
Picture_3891.jpg

Also got some new clones, Master kush, and willes something?
Picture_3873.jpg
Picture_3861.jpg

My clones in the works, but some I see are yellowing??
Picture_3852.jpg

Some pics of the Jd ballast at work, and plant pics.
Picture_3961.jpg

Picture_3881.jpg
Picture_3981.jpg
Picture_3971.jpg
Picture_3951.jpg
Picture_3941.jpg
Picture_3931.jpg
Picture_3921.jpg
Picture_3913.jpg
Picture_3891.jpg
Picture_3791.jpg

Getting ready to switch the JD ballast to flower;) clones are just about to pop roots.

Going to flower clones, and then from there see, what plants to keep for mothers.I still need to order seeds, and setup mother room?????I'm think 400w will be best for them.

[video=youtube;fXlnpzsvoRo]
[/video]

Feed some plants today, also used neem oil 2 weeks ago, and hit them again last night with neem oil.

I have to really, really say neem oil did the trick.I was looking for mites, and could not find any???I know I still had some though?

This is what I got from my work.
41bEwo3WacL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

Willies wonder is taking off!Had to put in one gallon today, couldn't find my damn camera, sorry guys.

got five clones moved in the flower room today, mangoes, tangerine dream :bravo::420:

well I got something going on with my new clones??Some are popping roots now, but some show sighs of stress?I think
Joe_pics_005.jpg
Joe_pics_006.jpg

I got my mother room up and going!!!Love my 400w for a mother room.I just have a fan in there for now.Temp stays at 77 when ac is on and the hottest it got in there so far is 82f.When I can get some new grow stuff another 6'' inline fan is a must, but for now it's good.

Joe_pics.jpg

Here's my mango clones I made 2 weeks ago, had them on a 600w JD ballast.Going to switch the mh to hps bulb today, because I just flipped the light to 12/12.Green crack, and gdp going in by this weekend too.
Joe_pics_004.jpg
Joe_pics_001.jpg
Joe_pics_003.jpg
Joe_pics_001.jpg

Well I was in my flower room and checking my plants, when I looked at the JD ballast and felted it, and was very, very surprise that the JD Light ballast was very cool to the touch vs my 400 mh magnetic ballast which gets petty hot to the touch.I even had to look at the dimmer switch to make sure I had it at 100% output!

Was going to switch out the mh bulb, but going to leave it in for one more week.Plants are doing great.:Namaste:

Now for my clones.Wow what a learning experience on clones.I dont know what I did wrong, but they don't look to healthy:scratchinghead:
I think it had to do with my 400 mh in my clone room--now mother room.It was heat or two much water in the dome, because I seen some clones roots turning brown.So not excess water sitting in trays!!!

my other plants are doing great!So far earth grow soil with more pelite, is really working out for me now, with fox farms nutes.

I'm, also doing so more clones, and moved them under my bathroom sink in my bedroom with a 20w cfl light.
I just looked at them under the sink, and wow there so much happier in there, also the temp stays at 78f no more no less vs the 7 to 10 degrees, drop or rise spike they got in the mother room.

Well some update pics, man all I can say about my 600w JD light ballast is it doesn't break a sweat!I can put my hand on it, and feels cool to the touch.
Joe_pics_017.jpg

Plants are doing good.Two need water but light was about to go out.
Joe_pics_016.jpg

love how my plants can touch the hood glass and not get buried, like with my 1000w.

Mother plants are getting big, need to do some more cloning, when the others have popped roots.

Joe_pics_018.jpg
Picture_3852.jpg

well looks like I have 2 mangoes, 1 gdp, 1 green crack, 1 tangerine dream in flower.I thought they where mangoes?I didn't mark them, but after looking at them good today and smelling them, that's what they are.

just re potted my flowing plants in 2 and 3 gallons.Need to go out Friday for more nutes and soil.New clones should be ready to put in soil by this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom