Heady's Redemption x 6 with T5 Veg & JD Lighting 600w E Ballast x 2

Yes, very excited about getting new equipment......:party:

But now this will change my grow area and conditions and also comes with new questions....

My room is basically 7.5 x 7.5 x 8' with a 7" 750 CFM exhaust to attic with passive intake and my intake area is 12" x 20" with a box filter meant for AC 2" thick placed into the opening....it creates a perfect neg pressure and no smell.

So now with the sealed cool tube hoods, what is best method/option to vent the cool tube hoods and keep my passive intake intact?

Really don't want another hole in home exterior wall or ceiling as I have lathe and plaster interior walls and cedar bevel siding exterior.

Suggest some options please, or point me in the right direction for some reading :peace:

Intake for the hoods will be from the same area the passive intake comes from....It's the venting I am concerned with? Could a Y be placed at the ceiling vent to vent hoods and room????

You can attach a carbon filter and draw air in through the intake side of your cooltubes and exhaust through your inline fan and out through your roof. Have a look at how I have my equipment hooked up in my KingJohnC 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

Quick update this morning and thanks all :high-five:

New hoods arrived via UPS Monday...much to my surprise unwrapped and in full color mfg packaging...:(

@Kingjohn, I actually started something similar based on your LA journal for a veg area within my grow room, still in the works though.

I don't need a carbon filter as my smell issues are not a concern in anyway, but now looking into a new fan.

Apparently my current fan is a 7" @ 570 CFM not "750" as stated above. (high output kitchen vent fan) mounted directly into the ceiling to the attic, but you cannot dial it down...on is one speed and at times really to much.

I picked up a 6" inline fan but after getting it home and looking up the model number it is only a 400 CFM fan....I am concerned after adding ducting (total of 10' max including light tubes) will be insufficient draw and reduce the CFM under 400 CFMs which is too small for my overall venting needs.

I won't switch out the new hoods until I get a new 8" fan I guess....that offers 750 CFM's so plenty for room and reduced draw from the ducting.

The 2 LA's in the flower room are the only thing left in there from last grow and currently flushing and hope to harvest by this Sunday and then see what I can do with the new hoods and venting.

Instead of carbon filter I thought about making a DIY dust filter to keep the inside of the cool tubes clean, but don't see the need for a carbon one at this time.....

Any advice or input is greatly appreciated :thumb:

I have the same fan. I am able to keep 80° at about 30% to the fan. I can get it to ambient by turning it up. I won't say guarantee but I am confident that it will work. You have 570 cubic feet in your room. Even if it throttled down to 300 (pretty confident that it won't), that would refresh your air more than two times in 2 minutes. I have read that once every 5 minutes is adequate. (I think). Those fans are engineered to push air through ducting. I do not think that 10' will slow it down much, if at all. :Namaste:

Morning Mac,
I will give it a try with the 6" fan and check results soon/maybe even today (might get a rain day from work).

I plan on pulling air through the cool tubes and pushing out thru the vented ceiling.

Another option is get a 7" to 6" reducer and vent right to my high output vent fan housing already mounted in the ceiling.

Time will tell :Namaste:

Hey Heady,

I am not sure what would happen if you put the higher CFM after the inline. That would create a negative pressure in between the fans. May be harmless, unsure. The rule for HVAC is the 1 1/2 times diameter minimum. That would mean to work efficiently you would need at least a 9" intake added to your fan. You have the tubes plus connecting ducting. IMO I would put the end of the duct into the box of your kitchen fan. Should work just fine.

I won't run both fans.......I can undo 1 screw and pull the fan motor in the ceiling vent leaving a 7" diameter chase to connect to.

My hoods and ducting are 6" so I need a reducer for the ceiling connect.

So either the 6" inline or current 7" ceiling vent would be running solo.

Well it appears my 7" is not 570CFM's...I poked around inside the housing and saw the label saying 210CFM's.

It has done well I guess but now will put the 6" 400CFM to use this weekend with the new hoods.

I already have a speed controller so I will add that as well to the system.

Changing things up in the room tomorrow, the Sky walkers and Plushberry went into flower last night...going to give more veg time to the Blackberries and Blue cheese....Took 5 clones of LA on Sunday using TheCapn's cloning in rockwool tutorial....best my clones have ever looked so far.

Blackberry and Blue Cheese clones in another 2 weeks I think.

Work is taking up my free time, but I'll be back soon with full update and pics.

Thanks all :circle-of-love:

:Namaste:

You should run some low watt cfls for other spectrums. I use custom leds white 9 bands. You have clones? If clones maybe start to lst or scrog My grow is very big with just one plant. Thats one plant 7-8 gal pot day 30 reveg

image7332.jpg

You should run some low watt cfls for other spectrums. I use custom leds white 9 bands. You have clones? If clones maybe start to lst or scrog My grow is very big with just one plant. Thats one plant 7-8 gal pot day 30 reveg

image7332.jpg

Nice set up man....this is my norm in a 3 gal pot.... :thumb:

Master_og.jpg

the_room1.jpg

Need to get those tops even. Your outer buds are living in the shadows. If you screen you even out the canopy fôr even lighting. Record the difference im sure you will always use a screen.

Yes. For only 3 gal pots. His light output should yield a little more depending on his kwph (kilowatt per hour) prices. And for the fan issue i always do whispersonic fans. The buzzing of some motors annoy me. I dont even know if mine are on or off soooo silent.

Hey Cas Grow, thanks for stopping in :high-five:

I tried the screen with my last grow with a Blue Cheese....it did okay, but it was my first lst/scrog and I did not prep it properly for cola development so ended up with a shit ton of pop corn size nugs....there are a few pics in my first journal at the bottom of my sig before things went south on that grow, here's a few from that journal. That screen is 40" x 30"

0081024.JPG

0031516.JPG

0031526.JPG

I am now up potting into 5gals for this run, but may give LST another shot in the near future.

For me, my space is too limited for a full scrog so I plan on continuing with trees... also largely due to the amount of trim and popcorn I need and use for butter and edibles.

I did get some bag seed a couple weeks back so if I do go with LST/Scrog I will start from beans and train it properly now that I understand the LST part of developing big colas.

Back
Top Bottom