Coloradokid Goes Brix In 2017

Hey Kid, I'm curious about your set up. Is that a portable AC unit in the pics? So do you have your grow tent set up in a small room and the AC unit sitting in that room but outside the tent?

Unfortunately that's a dehumidifier and here in CO the humidity is already so low. I have humidifiers and fans in the tents, and that is all

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

3/12/17

How's it going!? In a few days I'm going to have to flip these girls in the veg tent. Then they will finish out in the flower tent once my current harvest is complete.

420-magazine-mobile1962670341.jpg

The one in my tent? Or the big dehumidifier?

Ok so I was asking about the little unit inside the tent. I'm gathering you have a small humidifier inside the tent and a large dehumidifier outside the tent?

Also to clarify, inside the tent you are fighting hot temps and low humidity?

Ok so I was asking about the little unit inside the tent. I'm gathering you have a small humidifier inside the tent and a large dehumidifier outside the tent?

Also to clarify, inside the tent you are fighting hot temps and low humidity?

Temps in the tent are fine, just low humidity. The dehumidifier outside the tents is just there because no where else to put it lol. The humidifier is a vornado EV 100

So the dehumidifier outside the tent doesn't get used until harvest? Just curious as the method to the madness :)

Well I actually haven't even had to use it yet, not even for harvest. If anything I need a humidifier for drying my bud as well because of the dryness in the air here

Wow crazy. Maybe look into swamp coolers. Great for low energy use. They can replace a fan, humidifier and a/c in certain situations. Can put ice in them too. Youtube has a bunch of videos on homemade models. I just bought a honeywell one last year and love it being offgrid. Do research though as you'll need an open window or intake fan into the room. Either way your grow is looking great! Can't wait to see harvest :)

Wow crazy. Maybe look into swamp coolers. Great for low energy use. They can replace a fan, humidifier and a/c in certain situations. Can put ice in them too. Youtube has a bunch of videos on homemade models. I just bought a honeywell one last year and love it being offgrid. Do research though as you'll need an open window or intake fan into the room. Either way your grow is looking great! Can't wait to see harvest :)

I definitely need to look into swamp coolers! Thanks for the idea it sounds great because I soon need an A/C too

3/16/17 Day 3 Flower

These girls just woke up for day 3 of flower! Everyone perking up lovely! They all got their weekly brix yesterday morning before lights out and it'll probably be time for a watering here in a day or two.

Delicious Candy & Tangie
420-magazine-mobile1311059780.jpg

Mystery & Tangie
420-magazine-mobile995494279.jpg

Purple Nepal & Skywalker
420-magazine-mobile1647237251.jpg

Better Purple Nepal picture
420-magazine-mobile1390596570.jpg

Lookin good CK. Get ready to top dress your worm castings & recharge after the first week. That way it will be there when the plants want it, instead of waiting to see signs of the mid-bloom fade. Bout a solo cup full of ewc & 1/8th cup rechrg. to each plant (mix rechrg. well in bag, prior to scooping) scratch that into the surface, if any room left in the pots top'em off with fresh soil. :peace:

Lookin good CK. Get ready to top dress your worm castings & recharge after the first week. That way it will be there when the plants want it, instead of waiting to see signs of the mid-bloom fade. Bout a solo cup full of ewc & 1/8th cup rechrg. to each plant (mix rechrg. well in bag, prior to scooping) scratch that into the surface, if any room left in the pots top'em off with fresh soil. :peace:

Got it! Thanks BD! Day 8 when they wake up I will top dress with all the goodies and I will fill the pots the rest of the way with soil because I definitely have some left over that's been cooking

I definitely need to look into swamp coolers! Thanks for the idea it sounds great because I soon need an A/C too

I would guess it would be less work to control the environment of the tent vs the whole bedroom. Maybe a model like the Luma Comfort EC45S Tower Evaporative Cooler would fit inside nicely. But as I said also their are bunches of videos on YouTube to make your own for a fraction of the cost and you can make them exactly how you need them. The luma is hard to clean from reviews so maybe it's not the best for you?
You will learn that swamp coolers aka evaporative coolers do get bad reviews often. Most of the bad reviews of any swamp cooler come from a few common misuses. 1) people try to use them down south etc where humidity is already high. They don't work well in humid environments. 2) people don't use ice or cool water and instead the reservoir warms up with the room so you are putting warm water in the air and not cool or cold water. 3) people don't have fresh air coming in and eventually the humidity gets so high that the cooler looses it's effectiveness.
Maybe it's better to have the swamp cooler outside the tent in the room and vented into the tent because tents are almost always hotter than the room they are in. Mine works awesome because I have mine hooked up to a garden hose that constantly tops it off with cool water.
I think your vornado humidifier might work as it has a fan correct? Most humodifiers just kinda ooze humidity. Maybe try adding ice to its resevoir?
Anyway swamp cooIers in the right dry/hot environment is probably my favorite tool. Never have I accomplished so much (circulation,humidity,temps) with such little power usage and one machine.
One of my favorite youtube videos of swamps coolers is of a icechest. The guy has a block of ice he froze in a plastic tub that's he fills the cooler with once a day and it takes all day to melt totally. Now the homemade ones like that won't add as much humidity because they just blow air over a block of ice basically. To add humidity you want to make one with a mesh filter that the small water pump would drip water over and then the fan draws air through that which puts more humidity in the air. Maybe build one that you can put blocks of ice in AND also has a filter media for moisture. Or maybe just buy a larger one for the bedroom that you can add ice too... just too hard for me to give exact advice as I don't know your whole house. Either way it's all worth looking at. I LOVE mine.

I would guess it would be less work to control the environment of the tent vs the whole bedroom. Maybe a model like the Luma Comfort EC45S Tower Evaporative Cooler would fit inside nicely. But as I said also their are bunches of videos on YouTube to make your own for a fraction of the cost and you can make them exactly how you need them. The luma is hard to clean from reviews so maybe it's not the best for you?
You will learn that swamp coolers aka evaporative coolers do get bad reviews often. Most of the bad reviews of any swamp cooler come from a few common misuses. 1) people try to use them down south etc where humidity is already high. They don't work well in humid environments. 2) people don't use ice or cool water and instead the reservoir warms up with the room so you are putting warm water in the air and not cool or cold water. 3) people don't have fresh air coming in and eventually the humidity gets so high that the cooler looses it's effectiveness.
Maybe it's better to have the swamp cooler outside the tent in the room and vented into the tent because tents are almost always hotter than the room they are in. Mine works awesome because I have mine hooked up to a garden hose that constantly tops it off with cool water.
I think your vornado humidifier might work as it has a fan correct? Most humodifiers just kinda ooze humidity. Maybe try adding ice to its resevoir?
Anyway swamp cooIers in the right dry/hot environment is probably my favorite tool. Never have I accomplished so much (circulation,humidity,temps) with such little power usage and one machine.
One of my favorite youtube videos of swamps coolers is of a icechest. The guy has a block of ice he froze in a plastic tub that's he fills the cooler with once a day and it takes all day to melt totally. Now the homemade ones like that won't add as much humidity because they just blow air over a block of ice basically. To add humidity you want to make one with a mesh filter that the small water pump would drip water over and then the fan draws air through that which puts more humidity in the air. Maybe build one that you can put blocks of ice in AND also has a filter media for moisture. Or maybe just buy a larger one for the bedroom that you can add ice too... just too hard for me to give exact advice as I don't know your whole house. Either way it's all worth looking at. I LOVE mine.

Thanks for the info SW! I'll have to look into the Luma Comfort swamp cooler. I have been looking into the Honeywell 125 pint evaporative cooler CO60PM.

I would like to use it once my flower room is built as well which will be roughly 8x10. Also the vernado does have a fan so I could try adding some ice but I don't want to drop the night temps as well.

I would probably definitely have the swamp cooler outside the tents for now if I got one because I would want to save room inside the tents too

Thanks for the info SW! I'll have to look into the Luma Comfort swamp cooler. I have been looking into the Honeywell 125 pint evaporative cooler CO60PM.

I would like to use it once my flower room is built as well which will be roughly 8x10. Also the vernado does have a fan so I could try adding some ice but I don't want to drop the night temps as well.

I would probably definitely have the swamp cooler outside the tents for now if I got one because I would want to save room inside the tents too

I'm not familiar with how these two models work.....but I've used evaporative coolers before and there is a problem!

The matted material that get doused with water tends to grow stuff....which then blows around the room. You can combat this by adding some H202 into the reservoir and/or by chlorinated tap water and H2O2....but eventually stuff grows on the matting.

And then the matting breaks down.

So, if you go that route, make sure you order some extra evaporation thingies so that you can toss out the old when they get funky.

I'm not familiar with how these two models work.....but I've used evaporative coolers before and there is a problem!

The matted material that get doused with water tends to grow stuff....which then blows around the room. You can combat this by adding some H202 into the reservoir and/or by chlorinated tap water and H2O2....but eventually stuff grows on the matting.

And then the matting breaks down.

So, if you go that route, make sure you order some extra evaporation thingies so that you can toss out the old when they get funky.

That makes sense and no one likes bacteria! I'll be sure to order some extra thingies lol once I decide on the route I want to take.

Back
Top Bottom