Critical plus clones

gokenzo

Hello there. Today i've cut 25 clones and wondering how far should i hang my led light.
My clones are in dome, 82% humidity at the moment and 29 celsius degrees (84 F)
I use Viparspectra V450, so guys, in what height should it be for clones?
And do i need to switch on both buttons(VEG and BLOOM) for early clones stage?

To be honest, for clones, you really don't need that much lighting. Almost any low wattage bulb ( as low as 11 watts) can root clones. Your LED light is overkill (pun intended). If that's all you have, keep them as far away as possible. You want high humidity, diminishing it slowly.

All right so i hanged my light 31 inches away form dome top and around 35 inches from clones canopy. Left only VEG switch on while bloom is off. Sadly i have only my VS light and as a engineering student i couldnt afford another one lmao. Temperature should drop to 70-75 in some time.

I'm no expert on cloning, but I think they root better when the lighting is more indirect. My buddy @InTheShed seems to be dialed in these things, you should pop by his journal.
:thumb:

Jump in the more recent posts

@Dutchman1990 just ran a few Critical 2.0 clones if I'm not mistaken. Might want to poke around his journals as well. Very well assembled and informative.

Hope this helps...
:snowboating:

To be honest, for clones, you really don't need that much lighting. Almost any low wattage bulb ( as low as 11 watts) can root clones. Your LED light is overkill (pun intended). If that's all you have, keep them as far away as possible. You want high humidity, diminishing it slowly.
I've been playing about with clones recently.Done it loads of different ways just to see what works and what doesn't. Had varying results from different trimming methods but amazingly enough the 2 I stuck in a dark cupboard at around 10-15*c fully rooted after 2 weeks. Looked like shit but they were alive lol. Done others that I just stuck in a 10 pot of Coco under the HPs and they worked too.
Seems no matter what I do, as long as it's a fresh top with a small stem and a few leaves it works. The ones I fuck about with trimming half the leaves etc or take from older growth all die no matter what.
Hardly scientific but that was my findings lol.

I've been playing about with clones recently.Done it loads of different ways just to see what works and what doesn't. Had varying results from different trimming methods but amazingly enough the 2 I stuck in a dark cupboard at around 10-15*c fully rooted after 2 weeks. Looked like shit but they were alive lol. Done others that I just stuck in a 10 pot of Coco under the HPs and they worked too.
Seems no matter what I do, as long as it's a fresh top with a small stem and a few leaves it works. The ones I fuck about with trimming half the leaves etc or take from older growth all die no matter what.
Hardly scientific but that was my findings lol.
My mother plant was 10 weeks old(from seed) and if I get your comment right, your clones from old plant died. So may I ask you how old these plants were? When your clones died

My mother plant was 10 weeks old(from seed) and if I get your comment right, your clones from old plant died. So may I ask you how old these plants were? When your clones died
Sorry mate I meant as in taking them from fresh growth, Little side shoots that you'd normally end up chopping off anyway cos they don't develop properly. The bits of the plant that have been there longer are a bit more solid so I'm assuming it had something to do with that. Harder for then to produce roots maybe.
Could always just be a coincidence too but I did a fair amount of them. 15 or so over a few weeks and it was a pretty solid win for the little guys. All my bigger cuts kicked it almost straight away.

Dinafems Critical has always cloned well. Don't worry about temps too much 80's is not to hot for clones. Warm and humid is best for the first week or so.

Yes bro, i'm really happy with dinafem seeds. I would recommend to everybody this seedbank. I had two mothers, so one of them suffered a lot of stress.. many yellow leaves, overwatered several times, also had dry period for a week and almost died, well i though it will die one day but God, this strain is strong as hell :D

I grow what I call Juicy Fruit Critical. It is a selfed pheno of one of Dinafems Criticals with a really fruity smell and great dank flavor. Apple smelling phenos show up here and there with the selfed seeds. Just one of those gifts from the weed gods lol. Here is a peak at her frost at about 6 weeks. I have 3 going now.

Thanks for the shout Preston! I use a slightly modified version of the beez0404 method of cloning and I get over 90% success rates. After cutting and scraping, they're dipped in Dip'n Grow (I swear by it!) and stuck in ProMix HP and watered with distilled water. They sit under a 23w 6500K CFL 24/0 on a heat mat set at 80º, and they have clear plastic cups on top as humidity domes.

Check out beez's post for the basics!

I'm no expert on cloning, but I think they root better when the lighting is more indirect. My buddy @InTheShed seems to be dialed in these things, you should pop by his journal.
:thumb:

Jump in the more recent posts

@Dutchman1990 just ran a few Critical 2.0 clones if I'm not mistaken. Might want to poke around his journals as well. Very well assembled and informative.

Hope this helps...
:snowboating:

Thanks Preston!

I actually have 2 of the Vipar 450w LED’s and of your wanting to use them for cloning I would put VEG only and hang at 32-36”. This is more than enough light for them and you should be good with your conditions you mentioned above.

I just recently took some critical+2.0 clones and they are under the dome as well! They have been doing well and I’m expecting roots in the next few days hopefully!

Thanks Preston!

I actually have 2 of the Vipar 450w LED’s and of your wanting to use them for cloning I would put VEG only and hang at 32-36”. This is more than enough light for them and you should be good with your conditions you mentioned above.

I just recently took some critical+2.0 clones and they are under the dome as well! They have been doing well and I’m expecting roots in the next few days hopefully!

Thanks for you reply bro! I've hanged my light on approx. 3.5feet with VEG on and 20/4 cycle.
Also I'm planing to grow some critical + 2.0 autos for summer, do you have any tips to recommend while growing this strain? :)

Back
Top Bottom