Critical Sensi Star Journal

Buck it's been raining and our weather has been crazy, so it's hard to control. We have been experiencing 80 and 90% humidity.
In the tent my levels have been around 59 and 62 so it's coming down a little, I'm hearing that if I increase air flow that should help, what u think?

Ok today is the end of the second week of flowering day 14. She's still stretching out a bit she's at 30". She covered in bud sites more than I expected so I have to make some adjustments. Today is also her feeding day, and she's getting her regular FF nutes, and she starts beastie blooms today. Time for those buds to gain a lil weight. So here are a few shots of her while she's out.

This is her flexing her signature move. lol.

T220.jpg

T313.jpg
T65.jpg
T511.jpg
T412.jpg
T127.jpg

Buck it's been raining and our weather has been crazy, so it's hard to control. We have been experiencing 80 and 90% humidity.
In the tent my levels have been around 59 and 62 so it's coming down a little, I'm hearing that if I increase air flow that should help, what u think?

Increased air flow/ventilation is always a good thing. Between my inline fan and oscillation fans in my grow tent, I'm able to circulate and clean the air roughly 5 times every minute. Not only is it great for odor control, it'll also prevent mold from infecting your buds. A dark and stale/humid air environment is a mold's wet dream.

Late joining in, but I'm in til the end now... which is the best part anyway LOL.

regarding humidity, everything I've read says that while what you have is workable for flower, it's optimal if you can bring it down to around 45% or less. the idea is that the plant produces even more resin to protect the buds from the drier air.

Increased airflow certainly helps, but it'll only take you so far especially at this stage. while your plant is flowering, it's taking in (and also expelling) more water. the cheapest method that works really well is buy yourself a bag of calcium chloride. put the calcium chloride in some sort of strainer... like a really huge spaghetti strainer (that's what I've used actually) and then suspend that strainer on top of a 5-gal bucket. the calcium will absorb moisture and as it gets saturated will drip down into the bucket. this will continue to work until all the calcium is dissolved... then you just add more to the strainer. keep an eye on the water level in the bucket and just dump it outside when needed.

if that doesn't bring your humidity down enough, then sounds like you might have to bite the bullet for a dehumidifier.

Good luck

Garage grower Thanks for joining, hope you will enjoy the show. Thanks for the info about my humidity issue I'm going to put it to the test, I'm really trying to become a grower of some of the highest quality meds in my area. Really appreciate the help.

According to my feeding schedule in this week I'm required to do a flush. I'm wondering if it will affect my plant in this flowering stage. I haven't had any issues so far no dis coloring etc. If I strip the soil will she have enough nutes before her next feeding? I'm noticing that the plant is drinking a ton of water and is utilizing everything I give it. I just don't want to mess up the flow.

According to my feeding schedule in this week I'm required to do a flush. I'm wondering if it will affect my plant in this flowering stage. I haven't had any issues so far no dis coloring etc. If I strip the soil will she have enough nutes before her next feeding? I'm noticing that the plant is drinking a ton of water and is utilizing everything I give it. I just don't want to mess up the flow.

You're doing well so far. Since you're using FF for nutes, you'll need to flush. If they recommend giving your ladies a flush during mid flower (not uncommon), I'd go for it. The mid-slower flush is utilized to help prevent excessive salt build up in your soil so your plants don't run into issues later down the line.

Ok cool. Thanks for the info. I just don't want to mess things up this late in the game.

I know exactly what you mean. I am a bit more calm now than when I started, but I am trying to be cautious against any mistakes I could make before it all comes to fruition.

DAY 21 OF FLOWER. Not too much to report, she's growing. I've noticed how sticky she is if I touch her, and I've also noticed that when I move or touch this plant, it puts out an odor of something sweet smelling with the traditional skunk smell. Well here she is people.

A617.jpg
A521.jpg
A238.jpg
A1100.jpg

Well its day 24 of flowering and the plant has really started to pour on the resin, and I noticed today that the smell has changed, its smelling rather fruity with a tiny bit of skunk, hope thats a good thing. Im hoping my flowers pick up some more weight and start filling out Im not sure at what point that they will gain but Im waiting patiently. Heres a few bud shots.

S224.jpg
S125.jpg

Back
Top Bottom