Oscar's 600 Watt 1st 420 Journal

Oscar, my offer still stands. If you need mylar, give me each wall surface dimension you need covered with mylar I will cut some up and send it to you. It will be cheap to send, no worries. Up too you, I mean if you cant find it. Flat white paint works well too, but typically not on partical board.

no no , mylar should not be a problem , might be a little bit of a wait but I'll be getting it in . Have a little shopping list put together that I am gonna email to the store i deal threw , and see if we cant work out a deal as there is going to be a few bigger items on there . I thank you guys for the input on the mylar at the home improvement store , but i like to support the hydro store i go to . Good customer service , and all an all I can wait the month or 2 its no biggie .

Well the Veg room is not looking too good . The table i think is too high , and I cant get the plants any lower , and the plants don't seem to be drinking as much either . Getting a lot of yellowing , but it something I am willing to deal with until i cant open some room in the flower room . Thinking of maybe getting another 2 3x3 flood tables , I am really liking the White Botanicare ones , and am also thinking of just getting the tables , and the low profile reservoirs for em as well . I think that would be perfect for the flower room then I could recirculate the drip system .

Here is the picture for this post of the Veg room . Next post I will have everything organized by cut , right now its all organized by how much water they go threw , and closeness to the light .
IMG_005739.JPG

I flipped the timer to 12/12 , and this will be their second day of 12 hour lighting . I don't know how these things are going to stretch in flower , but i don't want to end up screwing myself having no room for anything in the screen . Still feeding with the same regiment , and trying to keep the ph between 5.8-6.1
IMG_005938.JPG

Well 6 days into flower , and so far things under the net seem a wee bit slower then usually . This is my first time working with any cheese plant , but I am pretty sure my plants are usually pre flowering alot harder at this point then they are now , but i could be just thinking that . Any who here are some pics for those of you who are following .

In the Veg/Clone room things are going good . There is explosive roots out the bottom of the solo cups , and in a few days I am going to top all of them to their shortest node . I ordered a Lush Dominator 2x to add to the flower room , and some Mylar . When this comes in a few of the plants from the Veg room are going into flower under the Led lights .
IMG_062019.JPG

Here is things in the flower room as of right now
IMG_061722.JPG

Actually taking a break from trimming up the lowers a little bit to right this , being hunched down for too long buggers my back . Next photo update i think I will try to get a little closer into the leaves with the camera . Here is a pic of the lady's legs . Do you guys figure its better to trim it all up in one or two go's , or should I do it threw many smaller shots .

IMG_061922.JPG

I am going to start adding Sensizyme to the reservoir the next feeding , and I have also upped the drip timer now to go off every 60 mins for 4 mins . The drip emitters are 1GPH , and I am now monitoring to see if i end up seeing run off with this , and will adjust the time accordingly . I have never really been one to follow the rules on the bottles for the most part . I usually use the Grow or Bloom nute to adjust ppm to where i think i want it , and for the most part add my additives every few waterings as the bottle says but cut down to about 1/4 . I think I am now going to add desired amounts at about half rate , and see how the plants like that , even the grow and bloom .

Sorry for the Sideways Pics as well . Decided to use my new i phone to take the pics instead of the camera .

Awesome update! They look awesome. +reps
Yea It finally set in today on how much the screen is filling in while I was trimming them up

Looking good in here...i'm diggin the scrog :thumb:
Thanks man , hoping it stays on cruise control as I have not run into any real problems minus lack of nutrients out of the gate .

Here's an update for today . Not a whole 2 much happening

The veg room is once again going under thought . I have arranged the cups around so that the ones i am planning on putting into flower next are all directly under the ufo . I am still a little stuck on if I am going to get another one of these UFO's or if i should just get a single LED panel that will cover the whole table . I also need to drop the table down so that I have more over head room for the plants . I have 1 gallon gro bags to put them in , but i don't think I am going to have the vertical room. The reservoir is going to get drained , and scrubbed tomorrow . I am going to add a new run of nutrients , and see if the plants take off . I have roots sticking out the bottom of the cups , so I don't want to be pulling them out to see how circulated the roots are , but I can only imagine . I am going to try running my scissors to the outside of the root ball when transplanting as I have read this will help them out . Also have some AN powder tarantula that I will add to the dug out when transplanting . On another note I have also started to LST the plants that I am going to be moving to flower soon
IMG_062624.JPG
IMG_062524.JPG

In the Flower room I have been working on Defoliating , and trimming the bottoms up trying to get the energy to the top shoots . Tomorrow I think I may try to tuck some of the growth under the screen , but I think I might be alright to let them start growing vertical , and see how many tops I have . This strain seems to be liking what ever is thrown at it . Right now I fill the reservoir up with 10 gallon of nutrient water , Ph to 5.8 or close to , and let her go . I only throw some PH down at it when it crawls up to 6.5 , and she seems to be happy . No seen deficiency , haven't notices , any male flowers . This super cheese might be alright , Just gonna have to watch , and see how it stretches . You can also clearly see the stem crunching supercrop i did in these pictures as well
IMG_062821.JPG
IMG_062723.JPG

Well I was going to redo the nutrient mix in the reservoirs , but the flower rooms is almost empty so I figure I will just wait till tomorrow on this one , and and re think my plan on it for the night . I have the new Carb-o-load , and have never used it . I understand it is like molases , and it will provide the buds with more sugars . Does this mean that I should wait until they put on some bud weight before i start to toy with it ?

The Veg room on the other hand is getting the reservoir drained , scrubbed ,and then refilled . It has dropped to the point where it can no longer fill the table up , and cause the drain to siphon water . I am going to use the AN Sensi grow for the first time , and it will be the only grow nutrient i have used besides GH Floranova grow . I am hoping it makes a big diffrence , as it is a different nutrient , and no longer organic as well .

I have also been going threw some posts of Capn's and have seen his awesome PVC scrog . Seems to hold together a little better then mine (Okay alot better) , so I think I may start to adapt this after i see what the damage on the wallet is going to be for the hydro store to ship me my new toys . The newest Idea I have is to get the 3x3 for the flower room , and also use the other side to run 3 DWC buckets or Waterfarms . The waterfarms will be easier to get my hands on , as the DWC I am going to have to build myself with parts from the hydro store anyways

Well I was going to redo the nutrient mix in the reservoirs , but the flower rooms is almost empty so I figure I will just wait till tomorrow on this one , and and re think my plan on it for the night . I have the new Carb-o-load , and have never used it . I understand it is like molases , and it will provide the buds with more sugars . Does this mean that I should wait until they put on some bud weight before i start to toy with it ?

Use it now.. Start building up the sugars in the leaves :)

Hey Oscar it's all coming along so well! Looks like you will have 2 fully loaded rooms by Christmas! I was wondering though, I know you use an flood system but, why have you been keeping the veg plants in such small cups? Shouldn't they have something a little bigger to help develop their roots more before flower?

I'm kind of shocked at just how well that 180w ufo is doing. I have a little 90 guy myself and didn't realize I could get that much use out of it! I'm firing it up here this week for some clones so I'll be able to see first hand :)

Thanks for swinging by my thread!

looks amazing glad i found this journal - ill be watching too :)

Back
Top Bottom