Oscar's 600 Watt 1st 420 Journal

And if you want to use higher doses of nutrients in your water mixture use RO water and Coco fiber instead of soil. No nutes, its a completely cold medium.

Different things, even though the do the same thing, still have different ingredients. Different bases to produce the same salt which is broken down by the water it goes into, then it going into the bottle they over charge for at the hydro stores lol When combining different nutrients you are creating different bonds with different salts or enhancers for resin production in the water. So by using multiple things that do that same thing, side by side in that water, you are going to create your own creation of nutrients. Your own version of those salts, because salts will combine (that's why you don't mix 2 concentrated things together without water) All I'm saying is its not a novice thing to do to use multiple things at once. It's smarter. The results are better. My flowers are a great example of that. You can't always believe what you read online or in a book, because not everything works for everyone. Trial and error my friend.

But that's just my position on that matter :) keep up the great work bud!

I'm not saying these products don't work.... Clearly they do or they wouldn't sell. Also, comparing your skill level to Oscars just will not work. You're running a 6000w lab vs a 600w 1st/2nd grow. The hands on experience isn't there. I am curious how long you've been running some of those strains too? You know how your lab runs I'm sure, just like i know what my basement likes. I think that these are the things Oscar should learn prior to jumping in to 12 different nute lines. K.I.S.S.

Of course :) Wasn't saying he should but if he wanted to try he wouldn't be doing anything wrong. All I was sayin :) Haven't grown GC in a few years, couple years ago I ran blue dream but nothing until now, never grown xj-13 before, and the fortune cookie, spoetnik #1, and blue cheese are all new to me.

With these cheese it is my first run . Been messing around with growing for 2 years now , but move around slot so have never really got to try the same room more then once . Have had a few tents , a full size room and now the room I am in . The water where I am from is pretty good . R/O at the treatment plant , obviously they add their crud to it put it comes out of the tap 75 ppm average . I use the cal mag because I have been told to make sure to supplement my coco coir with it . I did some experimenting with the last grow on cutting down on feed application rates , and nute strength when feeding . Right now in veg all I have been using is the flora nova , cal mag , advanced taraNtula . It's all about experimenting for me . with that said do you recommend knocking out some of the bottles ? Also I do drain to waste right now in a drip system .

With the ro system I want on but I don't have the 200 dollars to drop on a stealth system and i am not allowed to alter the plumbing in my home . Just built the room have to wait till I have the cash for any heavy investments . I understand that these are all things that I am going to need but In due time

With these cheese it is my first run . Been messing around with growing for 2 years now , but move around slot so have never really got to try the same room more then once . Have had a few tents , a full size room and now the room I am in . The water where I am from is pretty good . R/O at the treatment plant , obviously they add their crud to it put it comes out of the tap 75 ppm average . I use the cal mag because I have been told to make sure to supplement my coco coir with it . I did some experimenting with the last grow on cutting down on feed application rates , and nute strength when feeding . Right now in veg all I have been using is the flora nova , cal mag , advanced taraNtula . It's all about experimenting for me . with that said do you recommend knocking out some of the bottles ? Also I do drain to waste right now in a drip system .

With the ro system I want on but I don't have the 200 dollars to drop on a stealth system and i am not allowed to alter the plumbing in my home . Just built the room have to wait till I have the cash for any heavy investments . I understand that these are all things that I am going to need but In due time

Thank you for filling me in on your experience level and desires. If you enjoy experimenting then you should experiment. As long as you're happy with your results, that's all that matters!:)

I am planning on putting Mylar up on the entire wall for the flower room , not entirely sure if I am going to do it for the veg room . No local hydro stores where I am so some materials are a little harder to get my hands on

What country do you live in? I have Mylar left over if you need some I could ship some your way too help you out?

Thank you for filling me in on your experience level and desires. If you enjoy experimenting then you should experiment. As long as you're happy with your results, that's all that matters!:)
Thanks for the input from you as well . I will try to cut back on the nutes , I have no problem not having to buy as much . I just really thought i needed to supplement the coco really good , and with what i had looked up they all had their place . Thank you

I'm a little late but I'm subbed.... Nice set up.
Welcome . Hoping you wont be disappointed.

What country do you live in? I have Mylar left over if you need some I could ship some your way too help you out?
I live in Canada as well . I am currently talking to one of the places in the city , and he says he could ship me some . Just wire him the cash kinda deal . Same place I shop at when ever I am there so i trust the guy .

Well if it doesn't pan out, let me know I will hook you up. I have like 40 feet left on the roll and its 48" wide 4 mil.
I don't mind helping a fellow grower out, buys me some good karma you know.

The Plants have put on some more growth . Have had to tuck a few branches under the net , and some more to be tucked tomorrow . Got the proper Piece now to drain my flood table when I was in the city , but when i tested it out it had a slight leak . Added some silicone , and am hoping this will do the job .
IMG_004150.JPG
IMG_004258.JPG

Picked up an air cooled reflector as well as I want to be able to keep the heat off of the ladys . Last run a top cola got burned up pretty good . Didn't feel like it was too much heat , but guess I was wrong .

IMG_004555.JPG

The plant on the bottom is getting all her branches from where i Supercropped it , and the squished the branches too much because they dont want to hold their weight , and are growing slower . Hoping have it all up closer to the light will speed it up .

IMG_004457.JPG

Plant in the back seems to be doing the best . So far has stayed nice , and green . Internodes seem to be alot shorter , lets hope she stays like this in flower . Also hoping that there is no hermies

Great job on the room man! +reps!

The room looks great man! Thanks for the update.:thanks:
Thank you guys , means alot . I just got to flood the table for the first time . Silicone held awesome , but having some problems with the drain. The guy at the hydro store told me that u jam the 1/2 hose up the drain as far as you want the tables water level to be before it drains , and then it creates suction from there . I can barely get the hose in there , think this might be a good job for soap . Also need to shim some of the sides as it doesn't seem to be sitting flat :(

The table wasn't draining properly so I got a sheet of plywood , and set it under the table shimming the back sides with plywood . It did a wonderful job , but the drain started leaking again . I added more silicone to the drain , and also put a new bigger resovoir in the room . Other then having to plug in the pump the small room is pretty automated now , and should alow me to spend more time in the other room once flowering starts .
IMG_005255.JPG

Things are starting to look more , and more green every day in the 4x8 . Be starting flower within the next 7days I think . Also ordering in a 900 wat Dormgrow Led . Then I will be able to use both sides of the room .
IMG_005149.JPG

All I have been doing in this room is tucking the branches under the net trying to get a blanket going . Some of the under branches are starting to come up , and say hi as well so i think this screen should start to fill out . I'm excited to be starting the count down soon

The Veg room is looking good . I topped all the plants yesterday , and have been flooding the table daily . I think with my constant messing with the drain line trying to get it to drain at the right spot i cracked the silicone seal , because it started to leak again :( fail on my part
IMG_005644.JPG

I have decided that in two weeks I will be getting the LED light for the 4x8 , and possibly another UFO for the Veg room . I have actually been pleased with the LED's , and watching some of the other jornals on here i think it is a solid choice .

This is where the LED is going to go . Just going to have to relocate somethings out of the room like the res , and ballasts , and what not . Going back to the city next month so when I am there i think I may also get a few wall mounted fans
IMG_005551.JPG
IMG_005455.JPG

As for the girls , I am still not too sure when I am going to flip to flower . With the other side going to open up soon , I don't want to have these in flower , and then have to mess with with as I start drilling holes in the wall , and setting up the new light . Still have to find out what I am going to use to seal threw the walls for light . I am going to be running electrical cords for the ballast , and running my 1/2 threw the wall for both sides . I am thinking of doing a recirculating top feed . Have 2 3x3 tables in the room . Each table running into its own reservoir .

Keep following as i am thinking these rooms are in for a growth spurt of new toys , and i think the plants may be in for a spurt as well .
IMG_005353.JPG

Oscar, if you're having trouble finding mylar at grow shops or party stores, check your local home improvement/building material stores for a product called Reflectix. simply put, it's like a bubble-wrap made out of a heavy mylar material. Doesn't tear like most mylar will, goes up easily with a staple gun, and by nature of the product, gives a bit of thermal protection, whether it be heat gain/loss or if you're in an area where enforcement is sometimes done by thermal imaging - it'll reduce the heat signature a bit if that's a concern... but primarily it's reflective as all hell, and has sort of a "stippled" effect because of the bubble-wrap like construction of it.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom