Oscar's 600 Watt 1st 420 Journal

Hey Oscar it's all coming along so well! Looks like you will have 2 fully loaded rooms by Christmas! I was wondering though, I know you use an flood system but, why have you been keeping the veg plants in such small cups? Shouldn't they have something a little bigger to help develop their roots more before flower?

I'm kind of shocked at just how well that 180w ufo is doing. I have a little 90 guy myself and didn't realize I could get that much use out of it! I'm firing it up here this week for some clones so I'll be able to see first hand :)

Thanks for swinging by my thread!

I have been keeping them in small cups for a few reasons . I have one gallon Grow bags to put them in when I wanna pot up , but i need the other light in the flower room to allow this . So I am going to wait till i get the light then the plants in the small room will get up potted to the bags . Before up potting I am going to take a razor blade or scissors to the walls of the root ball when i take it out of the solo cup , and loosen the root ball up a nice bit . I'm not sure who said it but i read in a journal here that there is another member , and he swears by it . I think it may be doc . I am more then impressed with the 180 Watt . I am thinking on maybe getting another 180 to put in that room or replacing with another 300 Watt panel .

looks amazing glad i found this journal - ill be watching too :)
Thanks for stopping in Mrrobert . Looking forward to any insight you may be able to add .
Looking like your gonna be stuffed full of green mean budding machines soon enough my friend! :) :)
Yes i am hoping for this to be my best run yet . I have never had cheese before , but I have heard great things .

Hey oscart, nice grow you have going there!

I skipped a few pages, did you get that flood tray up and running?

P.s. I'll go through and read this evening when I have some time
The black tray is all sealed and good to go , if your talking about the one on order no . I got in touch with the hydro store , and they don't usually carry it , but he said he could get it from a supplier , and that was the last i heard . Was hoping to have it all squared off before the lush panel came in the mail . Got 3 confirmation letters from them all in a row . Only one of them had an attached tacking number , and it seems to be dead as i have been checking it , and it doesn't show up with usps . Thinking it should be hitting the border next week tho

Well the new Lush Led came in today . Still haven't heard from the hydro store about anything yet . If they dont get back to me by tomorrow I'll throw them another email . I finally got them lights out pictures . More difficult then i thought . No lighting in the room other then what the 600 provides so I couldn't tell what I was doing honestly .

Things are coming along alright in the flower room , and things should start swelling right away i figure . I am waiting for the reservoir to come down so i can throw some pk booster in . I have heard people say that it is a gimmick but i have found it to work . I can always tell the difference when i use as apposed to not using .
IMG_006240.JPG
IMG_006342.JPG
IMG_006448.JPG

Now that the light is here the girls in the Veg room that are getting advanced on are all going to be hitting up their grow bags today . I have one bag of coco left so this should be enough to at least do this part , might have to get more coco tho to put them in the 3 gallon pots tho . This is one of the reasons why I wanna make the switch to hydro , no medium to worry about
IMG_006146.JPG
IMG_006052.JPG

nice light looking good :)

They're looking great man! +reps!

nice light looking good :)

Thanks for the kind words , and Rep muchly appreciated .

I am starting to see some trichome development , and its making me happy . Nice faint smell when i rub the leaves . Its my favorite time , when i really start to enjoy the plants . Fed with my Pro-Silicate , Opti-cal Mg , Sensizyme , Carb-O-load , Organic B all at half recommended dosage . Then I followed the Flora Nova Bloom for the Plants in Later Growth schedule . In ten gallons it gave me a PPM of just over 1100 . Ph wants to constantly rise , and I think this may be from the Organic B , so I am letting the Ph swing a little higher . Last night when I went to bed it was at 6.2 already , Lights on I will adjust . Buds are able to get much closer to the light then in any of my previous grows thanks to the new reflector . Here is some pictures
IMG_006650.JPG
IMG_006546.JPG

Looking really nice Oscar! Your plants are definitely happy!

ur plants are looking very good leaves reaching for the light is always a nice sight... :thumb:
Yea it all seems to be on cruise control . I have had the PH shift on me up to 6.5 , and they didnt mind . I'll take some pictures of the LED room , and the HPS room tomorrow . Ran out of CoCo so didnt get as many re potted as i had wanted . Will have to wait a bit i Guess

Here it is , I have some freshly taken photo's that I just took on lights on in the HPS room , as I am now calling it (Gonna have to use a new name when i get the flood table , because then there will be LED in there as well) , and fresh photos just taken of the LED room . Excuse me in advance for the crappy macro photos . Bought a cannon T5 to take the pics , but I guess I am going to have to go out , and buy a new lens for it when i can .

The Hydro store has gotten back to me , and told me that they can get me in the stand , but as for the reservoir ,and table their suppliers have not messaged them back . Been over two weeks now . As the winter months are rolling in I am also thinking of buying some small little heaters something that will help keep the rooms a little warmer . Temperature outside yesterday was -2 Celsius , and not sure what it is now . Any tips on better picture taking is welcome as well , as I am taking the pictures for you all ( I got the best seat in the house )

-Updates-
Lights on , I entered the room, and the PH had shifted up to 6.6 . I dropped in just under 5ml of PH down , and it dropped it to 5.5 . Its still going to rise so I think I am prob in the safe for today , and tomorrow . Then I'll be topping off the reservoir anyways . I won't be using the PK 13/14 on the next reservoir instead ill be hitting it with a little higher rate Bloom , and Cal Mg . As I said last night this has all been a major cruise control show . I am currently looking into teas , and other things to help me along the way to bring up my yields .

IMG_006943.JPG
IMG_007044.JPG
IMG_007135.JPG
IMG_007242.JPG

Plants are looking mighty fine brother!

I would really like to see some reflective material on the walls????:)

For good macros you really need a tripod. Also, plants moving in the wind will destroy any chance at a good macro. I have found that stationary objects are much easier to photograph. Dried buds are the easiest imo.

Plants are looking mighty fine brother!

I would really like to see some reflective material on the walls????:)

For good macros you really need a tripod. Also, plants moving in the wind will destroy any chance at a good macro. I have found that stationary objects are much easier to photograph. Dried buds are the easiest imo.

I bought the wife a tripod a few years back wonder if she still has it , and the mylar is coming in with the flood table , and what not . Looked at my phone after making the update , and he can have it to me in 4-5 weeks . Thats from his supplier to him , and then i have to travel the 8-9 hours to get there .

I just figured I would post up a quick photo update before I head out to work . Working nights so time is really tight .

Everything is starting to look real frosty in the room . First time I have ever seen my stuff get this sugary , and we are not even four weeks in . Sorry once again as the photos are sideways . The program I used to turn them right side up started showing a giant watermark threw it .
IMG_067127.JPG
IMG_066926.JPG

The LED room is getting ready to be transfered over . Just need the table , and what not . Also need some more CoCo so I can re pot the rest of my plants . Going to be trimming all the roots in the table when I go on my next days off , and have some time .
IMG_066427.JPG
IMG_066531.JPG

I will most def order in some of the Botanicare tea , and see what I cant do about the Humbolt tea . Seen a recipe around here for some tea that seems to produce roots that where so white . On the up , and up all the pieces for my table and the Mylar will be in before Christmas . My sister is coming down so she is going to bring it down for me . Beats having to pay additional shipping Costs .

Back
Top Bottom