Crop King Seeds Originals - White Widow - Blueberry - Journal

KG that's why we understand each other bro. Its a lifelong obsession with no cure. Not that I would want a cure to this obsession if there was one! Keep on keepin on my man.:high-five:

Thanks brotha:thumb: will do! I ended up making a little "blurb" in the "Off topic" section, With some pictures, about what I like to do and who I am outside of this world. Be my guest to go take a look ;)

Ok, so there will be a update today and there's lots to go over. But for the life of me I can't find any extra batteries for my camera.. Misses KidGrow is thankfully doing a run into town today (1.2 hour drive) for some supply's. So I'm getting her to grab a huge pack so this doesn't happen again. I won't be able to update my grow until she is back with them. (Around 4pmish Pacific time) But there looking good! first week of flower and they are bloooooooomin!:thumb:

8th day of flower

RH- 35%
Temperature - 25 degrees Celsius

Ok, sorry for not updating last night like I said I would you guy's. I had un-expected guests show up. (misses KidGrow's doing, wine and cheese with friends/ farmer neighbours (not marijuana farmers)

That being said let's get into it!

So, the one I expected to be a male wasn't and turned out to be female!!!! So that's a +

IMG_158924.JPG

I know I know, un-even canopy. The WW just took off, defiantly a strong bean there..
Remember this is a room i quickly built (literally) as a addition onto my house. So I have to work out kinks as we all do with our new rooms. By the 3rd grow I should have everything in order including C02 tanks. (You all know how it iz ;) )

As for our BB male, he's coming along! I must say he is one of the smelliest males I've smelled in a looong time.
:whoa: Whenever I walk into his room he greets you with a skunkish smack in the face.. Pretty impressive i must say. He is WAY healthier then the female BlueBerries. and the pollen sacs are looking nice and healthy as well.. (I had a hard time doing macro's, for some reason my camera doesn't want to focus all the time anymore, so next time I run into town I'm going to buy a new one, probably a nikon D7000)
IMG_161219.JPG

He's not quite ready yet. I figure within the next 7-10 days he will start dropping. Like I said above I couldn't focus on the big main clusters and it peed me off so after 5 attempts with this little cluster i finally got the camera to focus...

Here's a quick look under their skirts

IMG_159529.JPG

Well, it's been 8 day's since I flipped the switch and the WW and misses KidGrow's BlueHaze are really showing their flowers. The BB's are as well, but just not as vigorously. (Very disappointed in these genetics) Here's a look at the WW flowers
IMG_162125.JPG

Here's a look at the BB flowers (I'm literally under the 1000 watt here taking this, the back of my neck got a "sun" burn I think lol, so sorry if the color's are a bit off, I tried using the flash to make it a bit more visible)
BB_flowers.JPG

Here's misses KidGrow's BlueHaze flowers (for the curious people)
IMG_162820.JPG
IMG_162726.JPG

Here's another pic of both rooms. (Take it easy on me lol I know there is allot to be done yet,and the canopy isn't perfectly even, my first time growing CK genetics and in this room. But within a few more grows I'll have this specific room dialed in. Also in the spring I will be extending it by 12 feet :) )
IMG_161319.JPG

So things are going well. I can not wait until this grow is done so I can install a drip system and raised beds with run off catchers. (you'll see what I mean when these girls are done. Im going to take a day and build er up before moving the girls on the left to the flower room.)

Now, to inform you all about the flowering environment. and some things/tricks I have done and will be doing.

Since this is out 8th day on flowering I have lowered the RH to 35% from last weeks 40% I will stay at this RH for another 3 weeks then go down 1% per day until I reach 10-15%RH. What this dose, is help the plant realize fall is coming and to produce some serious resin glands. The size of grapes. (Like how my ">Barney<" strain is for an example;) ) Also, it helps keep unwanted bud rot from occurring, and mold. Once you guy's hit your girls with 12/12 a good rule of thumb is to always have 40-45% RH. Because the ladies are more susceptible to bud rot or mold from high humid climates. All that moisture isn't good for a flowering plant. ;)

I also lower the temperature to 25-26 and to 18-20 at nights. (18 more in the later stages of flowering) This actually has an effect on the colors of the leafs. Also, like my Barney's ;) But when lowered in conjunction with the RH this tells our plants that winter is near, screw fall, it's time to start packing on weight and producing them budz!! Also as the flowering time goes on, you lower the temps. When your a week from harvest you want too (if you want to try this, but be careful) lower them day temps to 20-21 and the night temps to 17-18. that in correlation with longer dark periods will help give your girl a nice white frosty coat. More so then if you where just to leave her in the dark for 24-36 hours. I would suggest 16 hours of dark and 8 hours of light with these temperature and RH adjustments. (This works even better when using a high THC or a high Frost strain, such as WW)

So, that being said, about 5 day's ago or the night i posted the "mid week update" I monster cropped the WW 3 times. What this is, is taking a cutting of a flowering female, then putting it back under the veg cycle. 18 on 6 off.. This will revert her back to veg (after time, 2-4 weeks) and when she is transplanted into a proper pot with some good soil/medium, she will start producing a ridiculous amount of branch's. Like when you super crop & top. But even more! By doing this and taking the extra time and patience to monster crop, you wont have to stress the plant out AT ALL by topping her or supercropping her.
Just let her grow and do her thing, she will naturally produce branching like you've topped her a million times. Which is always good right? And this will also shorten your flowering period cause of less stresses for her to deal with.
:thumb:

Here are the 3 monster crops I took of the WW, you can even see the flowers (kind of) [These are in my second journal ((in my siggy below)) so this is just a "sneek, peek" I guess]
IMG_158417.JPG

When I take cuttings I use a "Exo-Terra" heating pad that's 120 volts with 8 watts of power stuck to the underside of my dome(s). This is what it looks like, encase you all want to go out and grab one. (Only $25) This is a awesome small investment. For germinating and cuttings alike..
IMG_158523.JPG

Well, I guess this is where we just have to wait another week. Hope someone out there learned something from this. I will be adding allot more of my tips throughout my journal(s). This however is my first journal, so I'm a greenhorn with making one. So i'm going to have to remember to tell everyone what I do step by step.. Sometimes I just forget. :/ But I promise within a few more I'll have er down pat.

Sending :love:, :peace: and happiness to all of you out there in the 420 world:Namaste:

This journal is just a great read KG. Love coming here and seeing your stuff on a smaller scale haha. got to be weird to grow small right next door to a huge facility. But always good to get back to your roots and do a little side grow.

Me and misses KidGrow has said the same thing. We chuckle at it actually. lol. BUT, we have something special planned for :420:. Patience is a virtue, and I promise this spring you all will get to see exactly what my building out back looks like. Along with my outdoor crop this year.. Going to be growing 25 plants in 400 gallon containers. Mendo style ;) But the garden outdoors is going to be way bigger then just he 25 plant ;) I'm slowly coming out of my shell. hehe, I used to be very paranoid. People these days can use the internet to locate me. Especially if I take pictures of the property. BROWNDIRTWARRIOR (from youtube) is coming out to do a show on my place. We are just working out the kinks and rules now. It should be fun. I take my life one step at a time if you all haven't noticed. Especially when letting the world into my private life. People out here on the west coast are nuts and would rob you in a second. The "Wild Wild West" Term wasn't invented just for a laugh after all. I've actually been robbed a twice before, due to lack of security and my own stupidity allowing everyone to come see my gardens. and posting pics on facebook and other social networks. So I play my cards right now. I have dogs, fencing, camera's, the works... But still get paranoid from time to time cause I see randoms on the mountain ridge above my property here in the valley.. I swear they are sizing up my outdoor crops and thinking of a way to break in.. I do not use Charcoal filters because there is no need, I'm so far out there it's unreal..

Thanks Shigg's appreciate it, this is a nice little grow for me and my women. I smacked her together originally for her. But then took it over haha, that's me I guess. :) :loopy:

Looking good, but you know that! It's so interesting to see how a professional applies their techniques to a smaller scale. I'm loving it. Im going to actually head out of the smoking area and find my journal. I have notes that need to be made!

On a more off-topic note, every time I read your posts I miss the farm I grew up on (not a cannabis farm). I thought for a long time that a cell phone was basically an electronic leash. And since it didn't work on the farm, it was freedom. When I go home, that's still my favourite part.

Looking good, but you know that! It's so interesting to see how a professional applies their techniques to a smaller scale. I'm loving it. Im going to actually head out of the smoking area and find my journal. I have notes that need to be made!

On a more off-topic note, every time I read your posts I miss the farm I grew up on (not a cannabis farm). I thought for a long time that a cell phone was basically an electronic leash. And since it didn't work on the farm, it was freedom. When I go home, that's still my favourite part.

I know how the feeling is oh so much. No cell reception out here either. You have to drive about 20 minutes up the valley to highway #1 to get reception.

Only reason why I get internet is because xploernet.. They have done my neighboring properties.Even tho the upload and download speeds are garbage. I'm still thankful to have internet.

I know how the feeling is oh so much. No cell reception out here either. You have to drive about 20 minutes up the valley to highway #1 to get reception.

Only reason why I get internet is because xploernet.. They have done my neighboring properties.Even tho the upload and download speeds are garbage.

Boonies living! :love: I bet it's better than ViaNet... That was worse than dial up! But then again, dial up was what we had for a loooong time.

Hey KG looking forward to your outdoor garden sound like it's going to be epic :thumb: , I love growing outdoors under that big star in the sky nothing can compare that just my opinion, unfortunately i can't grow outside because of privacy concerns and mainly the law here in Ohio :( I still can dream that one day I will have a piece of property of my own and be able to grow medicine legally and happily, from wat I've read sounds like you have a great piece of land with lots of potential :)

Hey KG looking forward to your outdoor garden sound like it's going to be epic :thumb: , I love growing outdoors under that big star in the sky nothing can compare that just my opinion, unfortunately i can't grow outside because of privacy concerns and mainly the law here in Ohio :( I still can dream that one day I will have a piece of property of my own and be able to grow medicine legally and happily, from wat I've read sounds like you have a great piece of land with lots of potential :)

Thanks! Ya, it's my home away from home (Newfoundland). Wouldn't change a thing for the world. As for the outdoor crop. I'm sure we all going to learn together. I personally have never grown a plant over 8 feet. This season I'm going for 10-12 feet tall wit the same girth. Going to be fun anyways. Just bought a new fog foliar spray machine. Pretty stoked to use her. Just hope the veganic nute line from Kyle Kushman works well in it and not clog it. I will be using my own high brix supersoil along with his product line. (IF needed, we will see as we go, but I have purchased a substantial amount of the veganic's nute line) Probably going to be a journal that get's allot of attention. :bitingnails: Going to have to be on my A game I guess. :)

Howdy Kidgrow, just seen your lovely buds in this months NOTM and thought I should check out your journal. Nice work and sounds like you got yourself a little piece of heaven. Looking forward to following your work :Rasta:

@ Snoop

Thank you. I will have this set up dialed in here soon. I obviously didn't know what I was getting myself into on here, until I arrived.. New world to me here, I'm usually "behind closed doors" sorta speak. Now that I see this is a fairly large community, and I can possibly help people where I needed it when I was first started out, I think I'm going to,,,keep er going. Nothing more fulfilling then helping out the people who understand your way of life the most.. & making some solid friends/networks in the mean time. So I :thanks:again Sno0p. Marijuana Activism 101 ! :420: :Namaste:

:peace:

Going to be leaving for Vancouver tomorrow night everyone. I'm getting a walk-through of my buddies dispensary and grow facility. I'm going to be putting misses KidGrow in charge this time. She's up for the task. (I hope :p :love: )Ill be gone until Wednesday. But will be popping in and out on my cellphone.

PSS: I will give an update later today, I only had 6 people show up for work today(There was a party for one of my employees apparently last night. Everyone must be hung over :/ ), so after I do my errands around the property and pick up the slack I'll make sure to give you all an update. .:Namaste:

I've seen what the veganic growing can achieve. There is a site that reviews strains as well as the dispensary purchased from. Veganic buds feature quite often, and the reviewer always has good things to say about those buds. Buds and Roses is the dispensary I think.

I've seen what the veganic growing can achieve. There is a site that reviews strains as well as the dispensary purchased from. Veganic buds feature quite often, and the reviewer always has good things to say about those buds. Buds and Roses is the dispensary I think.

Ya, the reason why I bought so much. The results where pretty impressive. I'll look into that dispensary.:thanks:

Quick Update

Day 12 of Flower

*The HPS is directly above me here. I tried playing with the flash settings and angles. But this is the best I can do for now.*

White Widow
IMG_167129.JPG

(Also note the "bleaching" from the HPS. I didn't go in the room for a few days (until next watering) and she they stretched out. My mistake. But they are starting to smell lovely. & are Strong/vigorous. Few more day's of stretching left I presume. Up to a week, but most of the initial stretch is over. WW are towering over the BB's.

BlueBerry
IMG_167231.JPG

Little less developed then the WW's. But this also is the genetics. BB's generally tend to take a bit more time to flower. Especially when I the RH is from 45 - 10% during the flowering. (10% being the later day's / weeks) But this BB has more trichome production so far. The leaves on the BB's are beginning to coat.
BB from CK's defiantly nute sensitive. Had a few issues with 2 of the 3, but things seem to be leveling out. I just have to keep the PPMs below 980.

BlueHaze pheno #2 (Special Guest)

IMG_167530.JPG

Flowering out very nicely. Very symmetrical pheno, but a little to branchy. This is due to it not being directly under the light. But, it's a strechy pheno the # 2 to begin with. Leaves are starting to go a dark blueish. This is 1 of 5 pheno types for this BH.
Very strong and vigorous, has more then tripled it's size during flowering, impressive. Especially for just being in the room. (Misses KidGrow loves this strain. But we have non in the jars. & are out. So she wanted to toss this one in there)

:green_heart:
Ok everyone. I'm off to Vancouver for 6 days. I'll pop in once in a while on my cellphone. If anything happens in the garden worthy of posting I'll get Misses KidGrow to post it. If not, there wont be an update until next Thursday, because I get home late Wednesday from the airport and the lights will be out. Hope you all the best in the next week and may your gardens be full of vigor!

:peace:

Excellent work brother. A little heat stress going on with the widow, but you know that already. I'm having the same issue with my one Exodus Kush. She is taller than the rest and shying away from the light. So I've had to bend her over a bit. Not really LST, but you get what I'm saying.

Back
Top Bottom