Crystal strain

asum

420 Member
Hello,
New to the group, I have been growing for many years and have a question on the strain Crystal, there seems to be sap like discharge from the plant which is coating the stems and leaves to include the grow pot rim, first time growing this strain, just wondering if this was normal for this strain.

Attachments

• 20201028_133956.jpg
    20201028_133956.jpg
    851.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 20201028_133939.jpg
    20201028_133939.jpg
    837.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 20201028_133829.jpg
    20201028_133829.jpg
    712.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 20201028_133744.jpg
    20201028_133744.jpg
    723.1 KB · Views: 74
Guttation is when the plant drips sap on it own, but that plant looks as if it’s ate up with pests and some can secret honeydew. Can you zoom up better with pics or macro settings?

What’s that white shit all over the fan leaves? Do you have a loupe or mini microscope? Need to zoom in with heavy magnification to see what’s on the limbs & stalks, does not look good from here.

If you don’t have a scope then download smartphone app called magnifyer - it uses on board camera to get mini microscope images. See if you can get close up pics with that app to see what’s going on. Also will help to snip a fan leaf that appears affected and get pics of both sides of a leaf & post them up here for others to see.

my 2 cents please consider other opinions

and as Backlipslide said Welcome to 420..!

Have no pests sending more pics, hope this helps plants are healthy.

Attachments

• 20201028_142718.jpg
    20201028_142718.jpg
    640.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 20201028_142546.jpg
    20201028_142546.jpg
    766.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 20201028_142522.jpg
    20201028_142522.jpg
    639.9 KB · Views: 66
Most of these pests will not be visible as pests to your naked eye until you get the proper magnification. You need at least 30 or 60 X to see anything. BTW.... what are all those whiteish particles on the ends of the fan leaves and all over the stems too? Dude or dudette - you’ve got bloomer crickets, Aka - the clap, that plant appears to be slap covered up in aphids or something??

Unless I’m way out in left field here - the critters are the reason for the sap or honeydew that’s on everything. Granted I’ve been wrong plenty of times before but those pics with covered stems & particles on the leaves tell me something is really fishy in Denmark.

hey @Backlipslide or @Southerncough what do you see?

Most of these pests will not be visible to your naked eye until you get the proper magnification. You need at least 30 or 60 X to see anything. BTW.... what are all those whiteish particles on the ends of the fan leaves and all over the stems too? They appear to be covered in aphids or something??

Unless I’m way out in left field here - the critters are the reason for the sap or honeydew that’s on everything. Granted I’ve been wrong plenty of times before but those pics with covered stems & particles on the leaves tell me something is really fishy in Denmark.

hey @Backlipslide or @Southerncough what do you see?
Spot on just checked with my magnifying lense aphids it is, they must not like the Thai plants.

When aphids got our artichoke plants, the plant itself seemed to exude a sticky sap that fell on the deck. Obviously caused by these aphids. I think ants use them like cattle and drink their excretion(s) so eradicating outside is next to impossible. Screenshot_2020-02-10-08-21-30.png
Here is an example of "guttation". The plant itself was not notably stoney, so its appearance is not a direct correlation to its overall cannabinoid content.

I mean like mentioned probably still usable flower if you can keep them alive to harvest.
If you're not comfortable smoking it you could decarb and make butter or something.
I just picked up two types of insecticidal soaps to treat my girls every few days with, one says it's safe to use up until harvest, not sure if that's true for smokable stuff but most of ours goes into edibles anyways.
I'd say $8 is worth saving your garden!

1664578536172.png

Those be aphids and the white stuff is the exoskeleton of the larval stage when they become adults. So you got yourself a big ass infestation NOW. Gotta get on it and its not going to be easy either.

Since you're in flower I'd use spinosad every other day for at least 2 weeks. It wont hurt the plant and in fact they going to be much happier without the suckers sucking the life out of the plant.

Aphids are tough this year. Brought mine in from outside. They love greenhouse conditions.

They produce asexually - meaning the female doesn't need to mate she just lays live baby larvae that sluff the white skin and become adults after that and begin reproduction.

Can use Safers insect killing soap but not sure how that will affect the flowers.

The insecticidal soap works great tho.

Back
Top Bottom