Dankmansmokin growin Dank to smoke! First Grow

ok here are some pics... i got as close as i could without the camera blurring.and a pic of the dro too
girl_1.JPEG

girl_2.JPEG

girl_3.JPEG

Bud formation

can anybody explain to me how the buds start to take shape. as of right now all the plant is doin is the pistils are gettin pretty long. i really dont understand how the buds start to show. is it something that happens over nite? is it a long process? anyone fill free to explain...

The rapid development of new growth and pistils are the beginning of the flowering process. its a fairly long process (average about 8-9 weeks). After the pistils form, then the calyxes (the round part that the pistil emerges from) start to swell as the buds fatten up. At the same time resin production is gradually taking place, frosting buds and adjacent leaves (the amount of resin varies from strain to strain). Last when growth seems to slow trichomes are changing color and gaining potency, indicating harvest is nearing If u view with a powerful enough magnifying glass U will c a lolipop shaped, clear, milky white, or amber colored trichome or resin gland.When the head (the round part) looks as if its about to pop or is leaning over, harvest time is at ur discretion beginning when 40-50% turn milky. A popular practice on this site appears to be waiting until trichcomes start turning amber. Never tried this, but in the process now. If u need more details ask a more specific question. Hope this is what u were looking for.

yea man that was a great explanation. i was looking up photos and could nt find any good ones showing what i was asking. thanks bro!!

Those pics above don't show any pistils that I can see. Those two spiky things are called stipules, and both male and female plants have them.

A female pre-flower will look like two white hairs, sort of like a very small pair of legs. The male pre-flowers look like little balls before they open.

If you use the "search" feature on this forum, you'll find pics that will clearly show what the pre-flowers of each sex look like as they begin to form.

Here's something that should help:

What are preflowers?

Those pics above don't show any pistils that I can see. Those two spiky things are called stipules....
Not quite sure I agree that what Ur referring to are stipules SS. From all of my reading, stipules look more like leaves. I just saw his pics. No, recent internode close ups. Hard to say looking at the above pics. I honestly responded to the question, to me the pics weren't relevant to the question. If u find something to back ur explanation please PM me a link SS. I stand corrected, thank you setting sun for clearing the stipule thing (still can't see any of this from the pics above though.

Not quite sure I agree that what Ur referring to are stipules SS. From all of my reading, stipules look more like leaves. I just saw his pics. No, recent internode close ups. Hard to say looking at the above pics. I honestly responded to the question, to me the pics weren't relevant to the question. If u find something to back ur explanation please PM me a link SS.

My vision was a little blurry when I first looked at those pics, and the pics are a little blurry too, but on taking a better look now I do see what appears to be a female pre-flower with pistils.

The two spikes on each side of the node are called stipules and that's all I was seeing before.

thanks BWC!

i did not see any pics I was refering to the explanation of him setting up his first grow room. it sounded that for a beginner he was doing ok.

Back
Top Bottom