DC's First Indoor Multi-Strain

Congratulations on your kittens. I’m also not much of a cat person. My Valentine’s Day gift from my wife the first year we were together. She got rid of her two fur ball of cats for me lol. They were so stupid. They’d piss on top of the litter box cover, instead of inside. I’m also really allergic, so thankfully she did that for me lol.

I hear ya bro I'm allergic too. Not too bad only if I handle them a lot so I can deal with it. I don't have much of a leg to stand on for that point though because I'm also allergic to weed and here I am growing it and smoking it lol

The rollercoaster grow is on an upward swing. Thank you @HippyCanuck and @Pennywise for talking me off the flush ledge. A good feed seems to have been enough. They are still showing some yellowing but I'm not sure that those fan leaves will turn back ever anyway. The important thing is that I don't notice any continued yellowing or those brown and beige spots and the shoots seem to back to growing.

I got my TDS meter from Amazon, man they ship fast I swear there's always some dude running on the spot ready for you to pull the trigger on an order. It's a cheapy but still at least it'll give me some indication. The remaining 2gallons of nutes was at 540ppm. I believe, after doing some more reading and looking at pictures of deficiencies - what was causing the older fan leaf yellowing ridges and tips, clawing and red stems is a bit of phosphorus deficiency alongside maybe a touch too low nitrogen so I added an extra 1ml of each micro (5-0-1) and bloom (0-5-4) to them to bring it to 650 or so ppm. This will add a tad more nitrogen and phosphorus for next feed. I think I'm starting to clue in on how to adjust based on the plants needs. In late veg still only feeding 1ml of bloom per gallon may have been part of the problem. The TO Cookies are larger plants and need more which could explain why Blue Dream who is behind them isn't showing the same issues.

I've made a few changes though so I can't really pinpoint my tap water as a cause

I also snuck home at lunch and gave the worst To Cookie plant a quick foliar feed of b52 at lights out. She didn't die so tomorrow I'll do the same with the other two. Not sure how effective it actually is but they advertise the b vitamins help with stress and there's a little bit of nitrogen in it so why not.

The tent is filling up, shoots are very close to hitting the sides of the tent. The 3x3 footprint is a little awkward for 3 plants but the extra room on one side should help keep air flow good I suppose. I miss hash plant :( I don't have a whole lot of height on them thanks to some serious training I've been putting time into but with the light at 30" and no more training they should stretch over the next week and I'll back off and let all the shoots start to look up and head for the sky Joe that the canopy is pretty even over the three plants. (with Blue Dream propped up by an upside down pot plate or whatever they are called.) I'd like to think that I've done a damn good job of training for a first timer but it's too early to put any money down on that claim until the buds start forming!

If the deficiencies are solved and improvement and growth continues for another week or two tops I will defoliate a good bit, especially the affected and larger fan leaves and lower growth and then start thinking about flipping to 12/12.

Any thoughts or opinions on this and their health from the attached pictures is welcome. I really want to thank everyone again (I'm Canadian) that have taken time to follow along, help me out and put up with my hair trigger over reactions to every minor drawback lol.

And here they are:

Attachments

• IMG_20191127_2131012.jpg
    IMG_20191127_2131012.jpg
    954.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20191127_2130456.jpg
    IMG_20191127_2130456.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20191127_2121516.jpg
    IMG_20191127_2121516.jpg
    800.8 KB · Views: 24
Saw my pics sucked here's a few more before bed.

Attachments

• IMG_20191127_2225499.jpg
    IMG_20191127_2225499.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20191127_2222450.jpg
    IMG_20191127_2222450.jpg
    646.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20191127_2222340.jpg
    IMG_20191127_2222340.jpg
    834.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20191127_2221291.jpg
    IMG_20191127_2221291.jpg
    732.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20191127_2221202.jpg
    IMG_20191127_2221202.jpg
    752.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20191127_2220402.jpg
    IMG_20191127_2220402.jpg
    643.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20191127_2220300.jpg
    IMG_20191127_2220300.jpg
    735.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20191127_2208105.jpg
    IMG_20191127_2208105.jpg
    788.2 KB · Views: 22
Good Morning!

Spent a bit of time readjusting Blue Dream and a minor hair cut to keep her open. The other two I actually released some ties on the mains to let them start to reach up and match the shoots on top as they are starting to fly up off the top two main branches. I tried my hand at supercropping a few little shoots to give the mains a head start. We'll see how it goes!
IMG_20191128_0602333.jpg

Whoever said phosphorus deficiency nailed it I think. Upping the bloom should help keeping it stopped in its tracks there's minimal signs left and it looks to be very early onset so I'm trying not to overreact lol!

Attachments

• IMG_20191128_0549445.jpg
    IMG_20191128_0549445.jpg
    597.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20191127_2102260.jpg
    IMG_20191127_2102260.jpg
    657.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20191127_2101450.jpg
    IMG_20191127_2101450.jpg
    677.2 KB · Views: 20
@dynamo1

I'm a Canadian so we don't celebrate Thanksgiving this weekend but thank you nonetheless!

Week 8, day 52 of veg

Yesterday at lunch I added a few drops of bloom and a drop or two of micro to the b52 foliar spray bringing it to 300ppm. I also added a dash of dish soap which I read helps it stick to the leaves. I sprayed To #2 and Blue Dream at the start of lights out. Last night I snuck in for a quick peek and they didn't seem to have suffered any Ill effects so hopefully it helps over the next couple days to sneak some nutrients in through the back door!

It's really hard to tell what deficiencies are old and if they have gotten worse or just the same. I can pick out too many signs that fall into too many deficiency categories! Clawing or curled down tips (excess N) , yellowing mature leaves (N def or P def) , yellowed tips on leaves, mostly newer small ones (nute burn or P or mag def) brown/bronze spots ( P or mag def) and lastly reddish purple fan leaf stems and veins and some red turning shoot stems (P def or just genetics)

Looking at very new growth in the middle under the canopy it looks like it's the perfect shade of green and growing well so that has my spirits up. The new shoots coming off the mains are taking a good stretch as well. So I'm erring on the side of positivity still!

Growth seems to have been temporarily slowed a little bit due to the issues but still progressing. I'd like to do a good defoliation to clean them up and remove the damaged leaves so that they don't skew my observations on overall health but I've read alot saying it isn't a great idea in veg until right before flower and then around week 3 of flower.

Unfortunately when snuggling up a tie down on a blue dream main it broke open on me! I taped it up with some electrical tape and stuck a candy cane underneath it for support. We will see if she recovers! Another one down on her lol she is really giving me a run for my money.

I have a question about this ppm meter. I realize it is cheap and was only 20 bucks but I'm trying to see if I can check it for accuracy without dropping another 20 to 30 on calibration solution. I checked a bottle of water that had 280ppm on the label and it only showed 170 or so on the meter. Anyone know how accurate the ppm on these bottles is?
At least the couple bottles I checked all showed roughly 100ppm less so at least I know I can consistently take 100 off of whatever it shows me to put me in the ballpark if the bottles are listed correctly.

Also! Yes I know I ask alot of questions lol... I bought some root stimulant or whatever from the local hydro shop kid when I was gearing up. I used it for both transplants I did by sprinkling it and mixing it around the holes but he sold it to me in a ziplocks. Anyone have any idea what brand it is? I am thinking mykos granular.

IMG_20191128_1941308.jpg

Anyways right before I flip to flower when I defoliate and clean them up I'm going to mix some in each pot with some more Promix medium. I made a rookie mistake and planted them about an inch below the tops of the pots. After watering the medium obviously compressed and so I had to fold the sides of the pots down. Once they are cleaned up I should be able to top them up right to the first node. Hopefully this will help encourage some more root growth on top. I'm also going to presoak the added medium with nutrients with a bit higher bloom and Calmag to get off to flower on the right foot.

And lastly just one pic for today the tent is as full as it will get with the shape of them, I'm right at the wall on a few shoots. I'm aiming for 2 or 3 more inches of vertical growth, hopefully by next weekend and then onto 12/12. The pots are getting lighter and the top inch or so is dry so I'll be looking at watering tomorrow morning while I enjoy my coffee. Love my Saturdays in the garden at home!

Attachments

• IMG_20191128_2030014.jpg
    IMG_20191128_2030014.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
Lots of information in that. I tried to skim through as best as I could, but have no time to answer any of the questions you have. Except for the root hormone. I have no idea what it is, and kinda sketchy that it’s being sold in a ziplock baggy lmao. Well I’m off to go pick up some Chinese food for fam jam and I. :popcorn:

IMO trying to stimulate your plants for more root development just as you are flipping seems kinda odd. A lil bit late in the game dont ya think? I dont want to sound like a dick, but IMO you need to chilk out. Adding this, subtracting that, is what is causing your problems. Ive never saw a grow as "eventful" as yours. My current grow is producing beautiful buds and all I did was follow the feed guide I showed you. You seem to be trying to fix problems that you arent even sure exist. My advice. Chill out. I think your plants would appreciate it. Not to sound like a dick....growing is not that complicated

IMO trying to stimulate your plants for more root development just as you are flipping seems kinda odd. A lil bit late in the game dont ya think? I dont want to sound like a dick, but IMO you need to chilk out. Adding this, subtracting that, is what is causing your problems. Ive never saw a grow as "eventful" as yours. My current grow is producing beautiful buds and all I did was follow the feed guide I showed you. You seem to be trying to fix problems that you arent even sure exist. My advice. Chill out. I think your plants would appreciate it. Not to sound like a dick....growing is not that complicated

Lmao not so well said but yes you are right. I have a strong bit of OCD and I'm a perfectionist and I know you are right. And then I get down there and start poking around and looking at other journals and benchmarking mine and then try to solve everything lol.

Steady as she goes from here on.

But... The yellow tips...

Just kidding but yes thanks. I promise nothing but following the plan from here on!

Lmao not so well said but yes you are right. I have a strong bit of OCD and I'm a perfectionist and I know you are right. And then I get down there and start poking around and looking at other journals and benchmarking mine and then try to solve everything lol.

Steady as she goes from here on.

Lol. Imo it was very well said. Enjoy the new hobby!

Back
Top Bottom