Dean West’s Debut Into True Living Organics Spring 2021

DeanWest89

03/22/21

INTRO INTO TRUE LIVING ORGANICS

I have taken time off to further my knowledge in true living organics, I feel like I wasn’t completely understanding the concept and after having a fail on my last grow it made me realize I can’t just throw shit together and hope it works. I wanted to get rid of the grow to waste philosophy and start thinking sustainability. No more half assed bull crap.

After reading the revs” true living organics” and listening to pod casts from very respectable people in their fields, as well as fast amounts of research and cross referencing information to find the common ground, I feel like I have the knowledge I need to pull this off successfully, and hopefully share what I have learned and learn some new things along the way, knowledge is power folks
I only stumbled onto this knowledge because of a member in this community who in my opinion absolutely rocks the living soil scene and is one of the main reasons I pushed myself to improve , what she was doing was what I was trying to achieve I just was missing a few pieces of the puzzle , her journals and results speak for themselves, no names will be shared but I know she Will know who she is when she stumbles across this . And to everyone else who pushed me to get better I would not be here if it wasn’t for this community . We are more powerful as a single unit then in our own , this is one of the most powerful cannabis growing think tanks I have come across and I’m happy to have apart of it

I wanted to do and all natural/organic style of growing where I provide everything the plant and microbial life could possibly need in the soil, by mixing live worm castings and composts, dry amendments like rock dusts and different kinds of meals and other essential organic products , and then taking them and mixing them and adding moisture and letting life happen by composting (cooking) your supernatural living soil for 20 days minimum in ideal conditions . There will be no chelated sludges and salt bases solutions going into this grow .

I am using a three pronged system which was created by someone else, but its something that just makes so much sense to me , it’s to recycle everything back into my soil to achieve true living organic status.

#1- This one of course is composting (cooking) your soil prior to planting is a must ! Failure to do so will result in plants that will never look happy if they make it at all, been there done that , it’s devastating. Starting with high end organic soil , and all natural Omri certified products certified for the production of organic crops ( not all are tlo friendly btw) but you could even harvest a lot of stuff from nature if you know where to look., this would be ideal but I don’t have any land to source things from . I was able to locally source 90% of everything so it made things a lot easier , the only thing I struggled to get was the guano without spending a fortune.

#2- Source of live worm castings and compost !Some people overlook this but the quality of these two makes a huge difference in what they bring to the table here. I have managed my own worm farm for 2 years now. I have never seen so much life in one bin. I can’t produce much worm castings but the castings my worms produce are supercharged with some meals and rock dusts. When I do buy castings I cut the store bought stuff with mine and then apply them.
I will get into this later on in my journal.your castings are only as good as the effort you put into managing it . Also a source of good compost , I purchase mushroom compost aswell as make my own compost ,it’s all about biodiversity .I’m also in the process of making black leaf mold compost but that’s next years hype when it’s ready .
I use a 50 gal tote to hold all my composting used soil which is crawling with life.

I use another 50 gal tote to cook in, and 5 25 gal totes to hold pre cooked soil , so weather I made one for the transplant to flower or one to veg I keep it labeled and the mix documented . If your able to do these two things it’s a world of difference, it’s fun exciting and the more I research into those things the more pieces of the big picture fall into play .

#3- Recycle,recycle,recycle everything is saved and composted back into the soil , my soil is now 4 years old and it’s has more life in it then my suburbial hell of a backyard, my soil is literally moving , from springtails to soil dwelling composting mites to predatory mites, I hope to get a microscope one day to really test the life in my soil and compost teas . I am able to do this all in a small footprint limited to a cold cellar that’s 9x7x8’ which I’ve stuffed a 4x8x7’ 2” grow tent to regulate temps for the inside tents , a corner of a room and a portion of a laundry room

Container preparations- as you know I am following the revs book so I’m meticulously setting up these pots by misting the pot prior to any soil going and and lining the pot with amendments that are tailored to that plants stage , veg , or transplanting a few weeks prior to flower . In conjunction with custom layering blends and spike blends as well as localized top dressing , make sure to keep thoes amendments away from the plants stem , I will be placing top dressing on the mulch and misting them under to let microbial life and fungi and all the other critters do their jobs.I will do a full tutorial on how I set my containers up in the future. I will be using a few compost teas in the plants life cycle aswell as foliar soraying these teas to protect the plant from pathogens and mold. Uuraww the power of life .

PH ?? ph is not a concern in true living organics , of course it is in a way you need a good clean water source ,and you don’t want to water big fluctuations of ph ; consistency . reverse osmosis or distilled water , if it’s over 20 ppm it’s no good for this and will only in the long run start to affect your soil . If your using your tap water and are evaporating the chlorine , it would be worth it to send a sample in to be tested , because if there’s an abundant of one mineral or a few , then you will need to adjust your amendments accordingly , or choose to purchase r/o system or bottles. In my small scale grow it cost me 10$ a week in zero/o water. If your soil microbiology is in check your soil will manage itself .Again uuraww the power of life .

THE REVS RECYCLED SOIL MIX RECIPE 2.2
I did make a minor change and added a tad more k I’ll explain why later on long story short I have low rh and the plants tend to burn through it much faster so I made sure there were sources for the long haul to get me to the end . Hopefully only having to top dress those long flowering sativa’s .
  • 21 gal of my recycled living soil 4 years in the making.
  • 2 gal rinsed coco coir ( I used canna coco ore rined) those salts are a birch in brick coir
  • Perlite only had to add a small amount since it was there from the last run , but the more you recycle material into it the more you have to add airation to maintain the same ratios .
  • 2 1/3 cup powdered Dolomite Lime
  • 1 cup Blood meal
  • 1 cup Gaja green all purpose
  • 1 cup High N guano
  • 1/3 cup Azomite powdered
  • 3 cups Feather meal
  • 3 cups Bone meal
  • 1.5 cups Greensand
  • 1 cup Rock phosphate
  • 2 cups Spanish river carbonate
  • 2 cups Biochar (precharged)
  • 1/2 cup Humic acid granule
  • 1/4 cup Humic acid Ore
  • 3/4 cup Gypsum powder
  • 1 cup oyster shell flour
  • 2 cups Alfalfa meal
  • 4 cups Kelp meal
  • 8 cups composted sheep manure
  • 1/4 cup composted chicken manure
  • 2 cups organic basmati rice
Wear a damn respirator that’s ment to protect you from fungi and particulates of rock dusts . The stuff isn’t pleasant and can make you sick , at the very least respotory issues down the line short term it’s very irritating in the lungs play safe guys and gals please
4.9 kg is what these amendments amounted to , I mixed them together in an old 5 gal ice cream pale from the local ice cream shop , and then applied a thin layer of soil then amendments / soil / amendments until I finished all soil and all amendments , I mixed them in for a good 45 mins it took a long time , and then I watered the mix slowly until it had the moisture content I desired and then I mixed it some more then I took a handful of worms from my worm bin aswell as all the other life with it and let it loose into the soil .
I set it to cook for 20 days min , day 30 I decided transplant clones into this soil . I was amazed at the results . DO NOT SEAL THE TOTE , it needs airflow and to be turned periodically . We are targeting the aerobic type of fungi and bacteria . Plus this is indoors and my wife would shoot me if she had to smell foul odours

okay let’s get into the introduction pictures to this there’s a lot of photos but I put detail descriptions on the photos themselves

now that I have my soil and what I am doing covered I will get into seeing what this soil can actually do, and let me tell you people it’s absolutely amazing , I have never had such vigorous growth rates in my grow, even with my vpd not in the ideal range but I'm still getting good results . My next investment will be a large area humidifier , one that is not ultrasonic, maybe a while house one idk , I’ve had bad results with them in the past with the dreaded white dust in everything .
Thanks for checking out my journal I hope that everyone can at the very least walk away with one new piece of info that can better help what there doing, now I don’t think this is the only way to do things organically but for me this is what works best for me and my ideals, after all sustainability is what I’m after here , next will be applyin the fundamentals of permaculture on the surrounding property of my home. Who would have thought growing cannabis would lead me to do many positive things in my life , and i hope it has for all of you

March/23/21

INTRODUCTION INTO THE GROW SPACE

I will be introducing things one post at a time so I don’t end up with a 6 page post , I started this venture in Jan , after taking some time off to dial my system in. I then started my grow and waited to see how things would go before I came out of the gates , but at this point I am happy and confident to share what I’m doing with all you fine folks

What Strains will I be growing ?

This grow will be featuring 5 strains including 1 auto flower and one photo from seed , plus clones all are hybrids to a certain degree idk if we can say if anything is pure indica or sativa nowadays , but I like indica dom genetics just depends on ratios indica/sativa for what strain I use for particular times of days
I will be eventually cycling into a perpetual grow but for now this is what’s toong
The 4 clones are

• 2 identical Gelato clones labeled #1,#2 (Crop king)
  • OGKZ -(HSO) one of my fav strains
  • Hash plant (crop king)
From seed
  • Lost coast skunk auto (HSO)
  • Gods 8 ball regular ( Jordan or the islands ) super excited for this one
GROW SPACE- because of my life situations I have had to purchase a 4x8x7’ 2” grow tent with its own carbon filter system. Then I have stuffed my flower tent which is a 2x4x5’3” tent to the one side and a 2x3x4’ 5” veg space to the other side ; it’s in a cold cellar so I heat the space in the 4x8 to maintain warm lights off tents. all duct has pantyhose on the end to stop any unwanted pests , both tents inside the 4x8 pull air from the 4x8

Veg space - it’s a 2x3x4’ 5” multiroom tent , that I don’t use the divider in because it’s a flawed design . But I have a 105w 5000k led lights inside for 2x2 space and each 2x1 space on the other side , one has cfls from cloning ans the other has a 30watt red/blue quantum board that does very nicely in early stages of veg , I am able to pull of a perpetual grow with this system , it has one fan just pulling air through passively to maintain environment
NOT IN USE AT THE MONENT

Flower space- 2x4x5’ 3” grow tent with 1 2 board quantum board running 75watts each , and 2 mars hydro 300’s tucked in either side of the quantum board, there is one fan above the grow lights keeping things moving up there and 2 clip on fans at canopy level , I have 6” duct work bringing in cool fresh air and it dumps out just below the top of my pots without having and light leaks , the flaps are the worst idea in a light sensitive crop.

Environment- it took me a while to dial in consider it was a complete new set up new time of year , taking a few months off growing I had to get things dialed in. I had to buy a heater to keep ambient temps in the 4x8 above 22 degrees so I don’t have such drastic temp swings from lights on to lights off, we all know the negative affects of the dreaded 10+ degree swing. Now my vpd is not ideal at the moment I will be investing in a proper humidifier and a controller to control all environmental aspects of the grow.
Lights on in the 2x4 temps are 28 degrees Celsius and a relative humidity of 38-48% which is awful
And lights off the grow doesn’t drop below 22 degrees with the relative humidity max set to 55% I have struggled with white mold before but with everything cleaned out i hope I don’t run into that , but by applying foliar sprays of compost tea I am able to help the plant fight off pathogens , mold and pests . The power of life !

I have selected a few photos along the way so you guys can see how well things are going , I started with really sad clones , I’m blown away at how amazing things are going
Let’s start off with the clones

Container preparations-so here there are going into 3/4 gal pots , I have meticulously set up these pots
First I sprayed the inside with r/o water then sprinkled a high nitrogen layering blend so it all stuck to the inside sides and the bottom , 1 Tbs for the sides and 1 tbs for the bottom , then I put 3” of composted sheep manure , then a high nitrogen blend , then 3” of my recycled cooked medium then I layered granular mycorrhiza + bacteria then placed the root ball on top I then filled the pot up the remainder amount and left 3” of room at the top for a mulch layer , i then watered the pot until desired moisture level, I then made 4 spike holes and filled them with a custom high nitrogen spike blend , no bigger then 1/4 “ in diameter I then capped the tops of the spike with soil, I then put a high nitrogen blend ontop so my mulch doesn’t leach nutrients when the microbial life try to break it down , feeding the microbial life is the key now she is ready for the grow space, I’m just testing if I want to use them in veg , 2 plants loved it , but the gelatos were a little more sensitive , I won’t use spikes in veg for this pheno of gelato anymore

each photo has a detailed description explaining what’s going on and what the dates are
The first 4 you can see the laying and the spikes in some of the pics to get an idea of what’s going kn

now they have bounced back from transplant and are working their way to building a healthy root zone , foliage starts to impove

Now almost a month later they have doubled in size and are in their way to being monsters.
I am super impressed with the growth rates once they started to adapt to their new supernatural TLO homes

Now only 6 days later a couple days after transplant they have blown up , I am amazed at the growth rates and the overall good health of this plant , I have struggled to achieve this from day one .

So this is the first introduction of plants to the journal , I have a few other things coming up aswell , I am in the process of making my own calmag+ phos using a well respected members tutorials, aswell as making a strictly cal mag one later on , so I will have a supplement for early to late veg and the calmag+phos will be used late veg until 3 weeks before harvest . Also will be getting into how to manage your own worm farm .
thanks for stopping by and stay safe people

03/22/21

I have taken time off to further my knowledge in true living organics, I feel like I wasn’t completely understanding the concept and after having a fail on my last grow it made me realize I can’t just throw shit together and hope it works. I wanted to get rid of the grow to waste philosophy and start thinking sustainability. No more half assed bull crap.

After reading the revs” true living organics” and listening to pod casts from very respectable people in their fields, as well as fast amounts of research and cross referencing information to find the common ground, I feel like I have the knowledge I need to pull this off successfully, and hopefully share what I have learned and learn some new things along the way, knowledge is power folks
I only stumbled onto this knowledge because of a member in this community who in my opinion absolutely rocks the living soil scene and is one of the main reasons I pushed myself to improve , what she was doing was what I was trying to achieve I just was missing a few pieces of the puzzle , her journals and results speak for themselves, no names will be shared but I know she Will know who she is when she stumbles across this . And to everyone else who pushed me to get better I would not be here if it wasn’t for this community . We are more powerful as a single unit then in our own , this is one of the most powerful cannabis growing think tanks I have come across and I’m happy to have apart of it

I wanted to do and all natural/organic style of growing where I provide everything the plant and microbial life could possibly need in the soil, by mixing live worm castings and composts, dry amendments like rock dusts and different kinds of meals and other essential organic products , and then taking them and mixing them and adding moisture and letting life happen by composting (cooking) your supernatural living soil for 20 days minimum in ideal conditions . There will be no chelated sludges and salt bases solutions going into this grow .

I am using a three pronged system which was created by someone else, but its something that just makes so much sense to me , it’s to recycle everything back into my soil to achieve true living organic status.

#1- This one of course is composting (cooking) your soil prior to planting is a must ! Failure to do so will result in plants that will never look happy if they make it at all, been there done that , it’s devastating. Starting with high end organic soil , and all natural Omri certified products certified for the production of organic crops ( not all are tlo friendly btw) but you could even harvest a lot of stuff from nature if you know where to look., this would be ideal but I don’t have any land to source things from . I was able to locally source 90% of everything so it made things a lot easier , the only thing I struggled to get was the guano without spending a fortune.

#2- Source of live worm castings and compost !Some people overlook this but the quality of these two makes a huge difference in what they bring to the table here. I have managed my own worm farm for 2 years now. I have never seen so much life in one bin. I can’t produce much worm castings but the castings my worms produce are supercharged with some meals and rock dusts. When I do buy castings I cut the store bought stuff with mine and then apply them.
I will get into this later on in my journal.your castings are only as good as the effort you put into managing it . Also a source of good compost , I purchase mushroom compost aswell as make my own compost ,it’s all about biodiversity .I’m also in the process of making black leaf mold compost but that’s next years hype when it’s ready .
I use a 50 gal tote to hold all my composting used soil which is crawling with life.

I use another 50 gal tote to cook in, and 5 25 gal totes to hold pre cooked soil , so weather I made one for the transplant to flower or one to veg I keep it labeled and the mix documented . If your able to do these two things it’s a world of difference, it’s fun exciting and the more I research into those things the more pieces of the big picture fall into play .

#3- Recycle,recycle,recycle everything is saved and composted back into the soil , my soil is now 4 years old and it’s has more life in it then my suburbial hell of a backyard, my soil is literally moving , from springtails to soil dwelling composting mites to predatory mites, I hope to get a microscope one day to really test the life in my soil and compost teas . I am able to do this all in a small footprint limited to a cold cellar that’s 9x7x8’ which I’ve stuffed a 4x8x7’ 2” grow tent to regulate temps for the inside tents , a corner of a room and a portion of a laundry room

Container preparations- as you know I am following the revs book so I’m meticulously setting up these pots by misting the pot prior to any soil going and and lining the pot with amendments that are tailored to that plants stage , veg , or transplanting a few weeks prior to flower . In conjunction with custom layering blends and spike blends as well as localized top dressing , make sure to keep thoes amendments away from the plants stem , I will be placing top dressing on the mulch and misting them under to let microbial life and fungi and all the other critters do their jobs.I will do a full tutorial on how I set my containers up in the future. I will be using a few compost teas in the plants life cycle aswell as foliar soraying these teas to protect the plant from pathogens and mold. Uuraww the power of life .

PH ?? ph is not a concern in true living organics , of course it is in a way you need a good clean water source ,and you don’t want to water big fluctuations of ph ; consistency . reverse osmosis or distilled water , if it’s over 20 ppm it’s no good for this and will only in the long run start to affect your soil . If your using your tap water and are evaporating the chlorine , it would be worth it to send a sample in to be tested , because if there’s an abundant of one mineral or a few , then you will need to adjust your amendments accordingly , or choose to purchase r/o system or bottles. In my small scale grow it cost me 10$ a week in zero/o water. If your soil microbiology is in check your soil will manage itself .Again uuraww the power of life .

I did make a minor change and added a tad more k I’ll explain why later on long story short I have low rh and the plants tend to burn through it much faster so I made sure there were sources for the long haul to get me to the end . Hopefully only having to top dress those long flowering sativa’s .
  • 2 gal rinsed coco coir ( I used canna coco ore rined) those salts are a birch in brick coir
  • Perlite only had to add a small amount since it was there from the last run , but the more you recycle material into it the more you have to add airation to maintain the same ratios .
  • 1 cup Blood meal
  • 1 cup High N guano
  • 3 cups Feather meal
  • 3 cups Bone meal
  • 1.5 cups Greensand
  • 1 cup Rock phosphate
  • 1/4 cup Humic acid Ore
  • 3/4 cup Gypsum powder
  • 2 cups Alfalfa meal
  • 4 cups Kelp meal
Wear a damn respirator that’s ment to protect you from fungi and particulates of rock dusts . The stuff isn’t pleasant and can make you sick , at the very least respotory issues down the line short term it’s very irritating in the lungs play safe guys and gals please
4.9 kg is what these amendments amounted to , I mixed them together in an old 5 gal ice cream pale from the local ice cream shop , and then applied a thin layer of soil then amendments / soil / amendments until I finished all soil and all amendments , I mixed them in for a good 45 mins it took a long time , and then I watered the mix slowly until it had the moisture content I desired and then I mixed it some more then I took a handful of worms from my worm bin aswell as all the other life with it and let it loose into the soil .
I set it to cook for 20 days min , day 30 I decided transplant clones into this soil . I was amazed at the results . DO NOT SEAL THE TOTE , it needs airflow and to be turned periodically . We are targeting the aerobic type of fungi and bacteria . Plus this is indoors and my wife would shoot me if she had to smell foul odours

okay let’s get into the introduction pictures to this there’s a lot of photos but I put detail descriptions on the photos themselves

now that I have my soil and what I am doing covered I will get into seeing what this soil can actually do, and let me tell you people it’s absolutely amazing , I have never had such vigorous growth rates in my grow, even with my vpd not in the ideal range but I'm still getting good results . My next investment will be a large area humidifier , one that is not ultrasonic, maybe a while house one idk , I’ve had bad results with them in the past with the dreaded white dust in everything .
Thanks for checking out my journal I hope that everyone can at the very least walk away with one new piece of info that can better help what there doing, now I don’t think this is the only way to do things organically but for me this is what works best for me and my ideals, after all sustainability is what I’m after here , next will be applyin the fundamentals of permaculture on the surrounding property of my home. Who would have thought growing cannabis would lead me to do many positive

03/22/21

• 1 cup Blood meal
  • 1 cup High N guano
  • 3 cups Feather meal
  • 3 cups Bone meal
  • 1.5 cups Greensand
  • 1 cup Rock phosphate
  • 1/4 cup Humic acid Ore
  • 3/4 cup Gypsum powder
  • 2 cups Alfalfa meal
  • 4 cups Kelp meal

Thanks for checking out my journal I hope that everyone can at the very least walk away with one new piece of info that can better help what there doing, now I don’t think this is the only way to do things organically but for me this is what works best for me and my ideals, after all sustainability is what I’m after here , next will be applyin the fundamentals of permaculture on the surrounding property of my home. Who would have thought growing cannabis would lead me to do many positive things in my life , and i hope it has for all of you
Very very well done brother. True living organics for the win. More work in the start up, for less work and money in the long run. If your growing organic and not doing it like this. Your missing out. Looking forward to seeing more pictures into flower dean. ✌️

Very very well done brother. True living organics for the win. More work in the start up, for less work and money in the long run. If your growing organic and not doing it like this. Your missing out. Looking forward to seeing more pictures into flower dean. ✌️
Thank you for stopping by my friend , I really appreciate the kind words. I am beyond proud of how everything is going but this is just a methods I have learned from Someone so i am just trying t share the knowladge I have learned, growing this way saves so much time in a nightly basis , I used to grow with synthetics and it took me forever managing the solution and cost me a fortune , to have sub par quality end product , so I wanted something simpler with amazing results and then I stumbled onto supersoil then slowly evolved into a living soil, so for my wife and kids I don’t have to sacrifice any family time towards my grow .
but I just wanted to do the closest thing I could to s just water start to finish .
But this all comes from the revs book” true living organics” the guy has taken 10 years of organic growing and given us a tried and true method with prof to show how well it does , for me that was enough. But I was lucky to be able to source a lot of things locally, I feel some people may struggle getting a few things unless your from USA .

I will be vegging for a couple more weeks I want the plants to fill the pots with roots during veg instead of wasting that energy at the flip making roots instead of bud sites . Cheers :peace:

03/24/21

True living organics at its best Introducing the gods 8 ball first oheno being runner of 12 regular seeds , I got lucky she was a female but she has shown her sex without playing with the light so I know she’s good and mature to flower her, but I am trying to feel out this particular pheno to see what she can do, as far as training and characteristics, I’m really trying t pay more attention to the plants now that I have more time in my hands

GODS 8 BALL F1- hey so this is the next addition to the journal and I really feel this one is going to be a really nice quality plant , it has the vigour and structure I would like in a mother , let’s hope the ends product matches the veg , you can usually tell if ones worth keeping very early on, we don’t waste our time with plants that are slow growing . Not a good trait to keep around :

I do not have photos prior to February/20/21
But later in I will introduce the autoflower and she was germinated the same way as the gods 8 ball, it was the first time I tried it with perfect success I will be using this method from now on but I’ll get into that in the next post , patients is the key here young grasshopper

Each picture has a description explaining what’s going on , I spent a lot of time doing that , it really helps me in the future when looking back at things.
let the show begin

feb/20/21

Feb/27/21
I ended up transplanting this girl into a 1 gal pot a few days prior to this pic , I also topped it and got rid of some growth I didn’t want to waste energy into down low on the plants structure . So was transplanted into the heavily amended tlo soil, aswell as nutrient spikes , and layering blends on the pot and between layers within the mix , I am blown away at what happened next

March/4/21
In 6 days not only did she bounce back from the transplant and the topping . She managed to put on significant growth in those 6 days what happens next was what made me realize how amazing this system works
March/8/21
I decided to transplant this day and I wish I took a pic of the plant dwarfing it’s 1 gal pot , it doubled in size in 4 days , you’ll see how big it is compared to the 3 gal pot
But I meticulously prepared this pot by spraying the pot with r/o water and sprinkling my custom high p and high n blend in stripes down the inside of the pot 1” wiid high n blend then high p then high n and so fourth , and then putting a high p blend on the containers bottom , then I added 3” of composted sheep manure , then a layer of high p blend . The 3” of soil then I added a layer of Endo mycorrhiza +bacteria and then placed the root ball on that, I was so happy to see happy and healthy worms in the root ball when transplanting . I then filled the pot leaving 3 1/2 inch of space from room of soil to top of pot , DO NOT COMPACT SOIL . Also when. Handling plants be careful and place then down gently so you don’t further compact the soil as the grow goes on . I then watered the pot to my desired moisture level , the. I made 6 1/4” holes and filled every other with a high nitrogen custom spike blend , and the others with a high p spike blend , with 2 different guanos , one from bats and one from seabird , both high in P . Then I put a layer of living worm castings then topped with a mulch blend of , 3 parts shredded bark and 1 part coco coir ( pre rinsed)
THE POWER OF TLO

March/17/21
She doubled in size again , every time I look at this plant it looks like a whole new plant , I hope flowering goes as wonderful as this, I always struggled with the flip , I would stress my plants out somehow and end up with very little to no stretch in turn only ended up with. 5” buds max I am slowly manicuring this girl for flower while not stressing her out too much , so I only pull a few nodes and leaves from the bottom each day until I’ve created a canopy with lots of airflow and a good base for some monster colas

I really think the proof is in the pudding here, 2 main things that caused me to fail in the past , t pre making and cooking my soil enough and using high in mineral salt content water , things would go great for 2 months the surface of my soil would get crusty and would repel water and my plants would die a slow ugly death just implementing a few things in place like cooking my soil properly and supplying my plants with a pure water source , I kick my ppms of the r/o from 0 to 20 ppm with spring water . My tap water is 350 ppms of death
Thanks for stopping in guys , I hope your enjoying this as much as I am , my next post will be on my autoflower . In the future I will post about the worm farm and side projects for diy 100% organic supplement

You don't mind if I tag along and follow bro I'm keen as mustard to try living soil but ATM coir perlite.
But I am using Worm castings which effects the EC like crazy,do you find that?? Or maybe it's sumfn else like I use PK 13/14...

You don't mind if I tag along and follow bro I'm keen as mustard to try living soil but ATM coir perlite.
But I am using Worm castings which effects the EC like crazy,do you find that?? Or maybe it's sumfn else like I use PK 13/14...
Hey glad to have you here , thanks for stopping by .now let me ask are you adding these organic additives like castings and still feeding synthetics? I don’t know enough about what and how your feeding , but if it is synthetics I can’t offer too much help but I would think adding any raw organic material to a synthetic grow would throw things off quite a bit especially if your the one controlling the ph in your medium . Which also kills microlife so adding castings is good but adding it to a synthetic style grow will be very short term benificial if any at all, and sounds like it’s throwing your stuff off , have you grown this way before without the castings and now having issues ? I will have to check out what your doing to offer any real advice .

03/22/21

• 1 cup Blood meal
  • 1 cup High N guano
  • 3 cups Feather meal
  • 3 cups Bone meal
  • 1.5 cups Greensand
  • 1 cup Rock phosphate
  • 1/4 cup Humic acid Ore
  • 3/4 cup Gypsum powder
  • 2 cups Alfalfa meal
  • 4 cups Kelp meal

hey bro
absolutely great read and easy to understand
thanks heaps bro

Woohooo! You know they say that once someone goes organic, they never look back! You don't do anything without going all in, do you? I am super impressed with your planning and implementation of this new style of growing, not to mention your superb documentation as you do this total mind flip. This already is shaping up to be a stupendous grow with those tremendous growth rates! Supersoil, layering, nutrient spikes and TLO... it is a winning combination!
:morenutes:

Hey glad to have you here , thanks for stopping by .now let me ask are you adding these organic additives like castings and still feeding synthetics? I don’t know enough about what and how your feeding , but if it is synthetics I can’t offer too much help but I would think adding any raw organic material to a synthetic grow would throw things off quite a bit especially if your the one controlling the ph in your medium . Which also kills microlife so adding castings is good but adding it to a synthetic style grow will be very short term benificial if any at all, and sounds like it’s throwing your stuff off , have you grown this way before without the castings and now having issues ? I will have to check out what your doing to offer any real advice .
ok no worries thanks for your interest

600 watt mars hydro
4 inch exhaust fan
3 x indoor fans
Mylar sheeting
temps 20 Deg Celsius up to 28 Deg Celsius
4 x Unknown Strain however ( I put 7 Beans in and Got 7 out 7 girls from Regular seeds) can you believe that wtf)but anyway back to basics
50/50 Perlite Coir ( rinsed thourouly before use of course)
room;1.2x1.2x1.8
veg'd for 40 days
on day 28 of flower as you can see in pic
it started out as a room with 7 girls as in pic,and i normally love just LST and have a nice canopy, however no name shoed interest in my post and after a few back and forth he convinced me to LOLLYPOPING
so that's that bit
As for Nutes
Cal/mag/nit 200 ppms
eco seaweed very concentrated
Sea sol (Tonic)
Nitrosol 12.2.13.7 300-400 ppms approx. 20 mls
PK 13/14 just for weeks 4-6 1.5 mls per liter.
My PH is very important to me so I have run my whole grow to this day at 5.65-5.85 no higher no lower.

this is the bit you might be able to understand and tell me if i just fu// up.

my mate gave me a tub of worm casting yesterday, and nice too
when I fed my girls at 6am this morning, I couldn't help my self
so I put 2 tablespoons in one litres of water and stirred and stirred till it was almost bloody oil,i PHD it down to 6.85
in a separate bottle and poured 250 mls precisely on each plant.....WHAT AM I GOING TO WALK INTO WHEN I NEXT FEED
Cupla pics from along the way
the last pic is the here and now

so what are your thorts on how I can use this to my advantage even though I'm in coir perlite surely some nice things will get stuck along the way around the roots ?????

:Rasta:

IMG_20210216_064223.jpg

received_108285324547604.jpeg

IMG_20210308_131621.jpg

IMG_20210314_064606.jpg

IMG_20210314_064632.jpg

IMG_20210314_064650.jpg

IMG_20210314_064709.jpg

IMG_20210323_062318.jpg

Woohooo! You know they say that once someone goes organic, they never look back! You don't do anything without going all in, do you? I am super impressed with your planning and implementation of this new style of growing, not to mention your superb documentation as you do this total mind flip. This already is shaping up to be a stupendous grow with those tremendous growth rates! Supersoil, layering, nutrient spikes and TLO... it is a winning combination!
hi emilya
did you actually read the whole post including the pics along the way
long read but im super impressed also

I forgot the humidity
its at 78-80% 24/7 >>>>I know that's too high but i cant afford dehumidifier ATM so
I do not foliar spray at all be it water or nutes....that will make the humidity fuckn thru the roof yea

Hey Dean, I am very glad I happened upon your new journal. I have been growing in organic living soil too. I run a compost bin and a worm farm. My plant containers all have a living worm population in them and mulch on top. I admit I am barely more than a newbie on it, but I happy with the results. You're obviously making great use of Emilya's standout experience and what you are doing with the Rev's approach is very interesting with such well presented posts! I look forward to following along. Cheers :thumb:

I’m really happy you stopped by , and I would Lie if I said I wasn’t a little nervous about your constructive criticism, I knew you would stumble across this eventually, there are a lot of similarities considering we are working from the same book, but your brutally honest and your no beat around the bush ways really helped me get to where I am, and I respect the hell out of that Your journals, writing skills and overall positive attitude and willing to help anyone who asks the right questions has been my inspiration, thank you very much

I do tend to go overboard and obsess about things and once I have a direction nothing will stop me until I get there , my wife thinks I have a problem , but I am just so damn interested in life, but what drove me was smoking some true living organics bubble hash and I was blown away also trying actually tlo flower and since that day I have been after that same result, it’s not about just getting high , you start to become somewhat of a connoisseur and nothing but thoe amazing terpene profiles will do

I could not imagine growing this plant any other way to be honest .
one thing that I’ve noticed is once I really went all in it made me change the way I though about how I live, next will be building up my back yards poor soil health with organic matter , hopefully in a couple years I’ll be able to apply some of the knowledge I have gained along the way and turn my ground into very fertile land swarming with life. Small steps

ok no worries thanks for your interest

600 watt mars hydro
4 inch exhaust fan
3 x indoor fans
Mylar sheeting
temps 20 Deg Celsius up to 28 Deg Celsius
4 x Unknown Strain however ( I put 7 Beans in and Got 7 out 7 girls from Regular seeds) can you believe that wtf)but anyway back to basics
50/50 Perlite Coir ( rinsed thourouly before use of course)
room;1.2x1.2x1.8
veg'd for 40 days
on day 28 of flower as you can see in pic
it started out as a room with 7 girls as in pic,and i normally love just LST and have a nice canopy, however no name shoed interest in my post and after a few back and forth he convinced me to LOLLYPOPING
so that's that bit
As for Nutes
Cal/mag/nit 200 ppms
eco seaweed very concentrated
Sea sol (Tonic)
Nitrosol 12.2.13.7 300-400 ppms approx. 20 mls
PK 13/14 just for weeks 4-6 1.5 mls per liter.
My PH is very important to me so I have run my whole grow to this day at 5.65-5.85 no higher no lower.

this is the bit you might be able to understand and tell me if i just fu// up.

my mate gave me a tub of worm casting yesterday, and nice too
when I fed my girls at 6am this morning, I couldn't help my self
so I put 2 tablespoons in one litres of water and stirred and stirred till it was almost bloody oil,i PHD it down to 6.85
in a separate bottle and poured 250 mls precisely on each plant.....WHAT AM I GOING TO WALK INTO WHEN I NEXT FEED
Cupla pics from along the way
the last pic is the here and now

so what are your thorts on how I can use this to my advantage even though I'm in coir perlite surely some nice things will get stuck along the way around the roots ?????

:Rasta:

IMG_20210216_064223.jpg

received_108285324547604.jpeg

IMG_20210308_131621.jpg

IMG_20210314_064606.jpg

IMG_20210314_064632.jpg

IMG_20210314_064650.jpg

IMG_20210314_064709.jpg

IMG_20210323_062318.jpg
There’s is a lot going on there, but I honestly don’t know how it will react with one application I know repeated and you could overdose in organic acids I think is the term , I have done it before feeding diluted worm teas too often and get terrible results . But you should never ph anything that is organic it kills the life in it , life will manage its own ph, but adding it to a synthetic grow , I would say keep you synthetic synthetic so your not worried about how things are going to react and if you do decide to do a test do it on one plant , don’t commit your whole grow to it XXl especial considering the work time and effort it took to get there , everything looks happy to me so I don’t think one application of anything will kill anything but I feel as growers people tend to add first then question later , and I really feel like the research needs to be put in prior to any new additions to the grow space and environment . Idk if this helps at all but your canopy looks very nice , I don’t think you have anything to worry about that I can see , idk if anyone else wants to jump in and correct me here . I have listened to podcasts of growers where one has taken organic “Omri listed or usda organic approved in the production of organic crops and is in a commercial setting and with a living soil with using chelated solutions was able to yeild 3+ pounds under sf4000 qbs which is insane , but yeild is not my main goal, which is nice, but I am after quality , and I would much rather take a 80 gram top notch pheno plant over a high yeilding okay pheno , I’ve yet to find the best of both worlds yet but I haven’t been very successful in bringing out plants full genetic potential

hey bro
absolutely great read and easy to understand
thanks heaps bro
I really appreciate this man
I forgot the humidity
its at 78-80% 24/7 >>>>I know that's too high but i cant afford dehumidifier ATM so
I do not foliar spray at all be it water or nutes....that will make the humidity fuckn thru the roof yea
i think you should look into vapour pressure deficit , and you will see where optimum range is , this is very important for your plants overall health, I’m low on the rh scale but have a dehumidifier just need to invest in a new humidifier to bring me back up to the ideal range.

Hey Dean, I am very glad I happened upon your new journal. I have been growing in organic living soil too. I run a compost bin and a worm farm. My plant containers all have a living worm population in them and mulch on top. I admit I am barely more than a newbie on it, but I happy with the results. You're obviously making great use of Emilya's standout experience and what you are doing with the Rev's approach is very interesting with such well presented posts! I look forward to following along. Cheers :thumb:
Glad to have you along , I really like the sounds of what you are doing , would you say you are doing a no till big pot type situation? They guy at my local grow show started with the revs book and slowly moved to large beds large worm populations and has pretty much created a complete soil food web in his pots , I would like to dabble into something like that but I don’t have the space to commit to that. Maybe one day when we are in a bigger house who knows I would love to see some photos of what your doing , I will have to stop by and check your stuff out .

Back
Top Bottom