Decoding The Holy Grail: Terpene & Cannabinoid Retention: Decarb to Extraction

Oh, believe be I've been creative as hell and she's been as well but the after taste triggers her gag reflex. I don't mind the flavour and it's nothing that sugar or chocolate can't fix but in that regard I'm screwed. We've tried brownies, cakes, butter, milk, puddin, rice puddin, cookies, banana cake, viking chocolate milk, and tea/coffee with cream that either of us has cooked or we've bought from different underground sources but no luck. I'm also much of a pussy to try BHO so that's another no no

Taste is subjective but to me peanut butter comes close to completely masking the cannabis taste. Probably unwarranted, but I have some misgivings over additional heat in the cooking process for fear of further degradation of thc so I've devised this no cook recipe that I enjoy and totally hides the bad taste:

2 cups shredded coconut
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup infused coconut oil
3 tbsp honey
1 tspn vanilla

Mix ingredients thoroughly and spread evenly in shallow dish or cookie sheet and pop in the freezer for 15 minutes. Cut into squares and store in fridge.

Oh, believe be I've been creative as hell and she's been as well but the after taste triggers her gag reflex. I don't mind the flavour and it's nothing that sugar or chocolate can't fix but in that regard I'm screwed. We've tried brownies, cakes, butter, milk, puddin, rice puddin, cookies, banana cake, viking chocolate milk, and tea/coffee with cream that either of us has cooked or we've bought from different underground sources but no luck. I'm also much of a pussy to try BHO so that's another no no
Have u tried making gummy bears????

Is my favourite and no weed taste​ at all, well I do leave the flower in mine so I get some, but a clean oil won't have taste

Gummybears sound good. Haven't tought about that!
It's real easy..and the jolly ranchers jello is DaDomb

What I did was color for strain
Red - sativa
Grape - indica
Green - hybrid

Be sure u keep stirring it as you pour it so it evenly distributes the oil

Mmmmm I want some now

Same with my wife! I made 4 batches in a row that almost made me gag. I was chasing max efficiency. But the trade off is picking up a boatload of chlorophyll. I just took water out of the process. Now it's back to ok tasting but the damage is done with the wife. lol. Now she is sensitive with the slightest of that taste. All I can say is wen I left out water, everything went back to normal...but her. lol

Hey Guys!

I want to post the donor support list. No amounts; you know what you gave and we appreciated every cent. I did not see this coming however. When the $$ hit paypal they are with real names. I can't match up a few with screen names. So HELP:

Would donors with the following initials speak up please? GM, GR, PL. Some of you I may have emailed with. So sorry. It's harder than you think! lol. I want everyone who went the BIG xtra mile and ponied up with the $$ to get credit. All that are able, please PM me with your email address because I want to extend a special service to those who contributed. You will appreciate it Im pretty sure. (you've already paid for the perk as far as I'm concerned).

Been crunching numbers in spare HA! time. Still some mysteries so more for others to do. But this experiment took us a long way down the road. If we had not had problems beyond our control, we would have paved a good bit more road. Almost ready to post. Need to write it up and run it by Canyon, then off we go.

In the meantime, I had to do a little more research hoping to fill in some blanks. Didn't help. But I stumbled upon some terpene info regarding Nova decarb. This source was supposedly conversing with Ardent. Can't tell what exactly was said by Ardent and what was speculation on his part. but the quote was :
"Just recently, Ebbu announced they have completed groundbreaking research into the Entourage Effect.

They found the following:

6 terpenes that moderately increase potency of THC at CB1
2 terpenes that strongly increase the potency of THC at CB1
2 cannabinoids that moderately increase the effect of THC
1 cannabinoid that has a unique interaction with THC. It’s both an antagonist and intensifies the effect of THC at CB1

"Smoking decarboxylated Marijuana has the stigma of tasting horrible. It’s true, the terpenes and flavonoids have been destroyed and what you are left with is sort of a burnt taste. However, with the Nova while there is a difference to the nose when smelling the decarboxylated Cannabis, the terpenes are still present and the flavorinoids as well."
Ardent Cannabis Nova Lift Decarboxylator | Review | $30 Savings Code | Cannabinoids | SATIVAisticated

We unfortunately did not test the oil for terpenes because of money concerns. We didn't expect any to be there. And maybe there is none. I already noticed the source screwing up the math so I have my doubts about the quality of info if he took liberties with the info from Ardent. I asked Ardent a month ago about terpenes.......tic....tic.

However we did terpene test on the FHO.....so maybe we will have some insight.

The comments in the Nova paragraph above are interesting. Perhaps somewhat overstated since it's a marketing narrative, but likely certain if decarbing air dried flowers in a too hot oven. I wonder what independent Lab tests they have to support their 100% decarbing rate claims.

Me I'm trying to avoid gadgets.

I'm finding that decarbing in the olive oil reduces the smell a lot which must mean more terpenes etc are hanging around?

Terpene extracts. I've confirmed multiple retail sources of individual terpenes and also blends of terpenes made to match the profile of existing strains.

Has anyone tried these and could you share the results?

Terpene extracts. I've confirmed multiple retail sources of individual terpenes and also blends of terpenes made to match the profile of existing strains.

Has anyone tried these and could you share the results?

Oldbear,
The only experience I have had with terpene extracts/isolates is two small dabs of strain specific Grand Daddy Purp in nearly pure CBD. It is about twice the price of rosen and available in a local head shop in town. It is manufactured in Colorado and legal in 50 States.

This is an earlier post I made about it.
Decoding The Holy Grail: Terpene & Cannabinoid Retention - Decarb to Extraction

This one links to some flower decarb images from the Omni and some we tried with a pressure cooker.
Decoding The Holy Grail: Terpene & Cannabinoid Retention - Decarb to Extraction

Steep Hill
still does not have the 8/9 terpene tests posted. I check about ten times a day. They offered a free test about a week ago. It is one more test in the budget. That's some compensation.

Are you making Gummy Bears with infused oil or CCO ? Having trouble visualizing coconut oil in there.
I did it with infused, both grape seed oil
Haven't done it with olive oil or coconut... coconut jolly rancher apple....mmmmmmm...lol

I did it with infused, both grape seed oil
Haven't done it with olive oil or coconut... coconut jolly rancher apple....mmmmmmm...lol

Hey Scorp...if you come across Yer' recipe...put it up...just decarbed 5 zips from last year...gonna start playing with my MBM...always looking for tried and tested recipes...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

Hey Scorp...if you come across Yer' recipe...put it up...just decarbed 5 zips from last year...gonna start playing with my MBM...always looking for tried and tested recipes...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:
I'm camping...service sucks ...search gummies or gummy and I bet u find it
If not I'll try and remember tomorrow when I leave the elk and cool weather for the surface of the sun

Back
Top Bottom