Dinsdale's Perpetual Grow - Exotic Thai - Flo - NYC Diesel & More

It's all glass/ceramic pathway was part of the appeal for me

Yes, very good point! It's important to avoid plastic as much as possible. Glass and/or ceramic pathway is the safest.

Good luck finding one, they are a pretty great high. Not kick you in the face the way a bong or bowl can be, but, i always say, a much more efficient high. Gives you all of the good out of your product without much extra. Very clean feeling.

Yes, the high is very smooth, without the headache you might experience sometimes when smoking. And for me, the best part is the taste. The flavors are so clean and intense when they're not mixed with acrid smoke. You can enjoy your weed to the fullest. I just love it!

Hey everybody, how's it going?

Not much to report, except I put a cardboard box under the four shortest plants in the flower tent (in the top left quadrant) in order to get a more even and flat canopy.

As a side note, I think I will keep the Exotic Thai #1 (well, a clone of it) as my only mother plant for this strain in the future. Exotic Thai #2 grows a bit taller and she seems more finicky and prone to deficiencies. We'll see if the clones (currently in the veg tent) show the same traits.

Top view of the nine plants currently in the 3x3 flower tent, left to right and top to bottom:

• Flo, day 33
  • CBD, day 33
  • Exotic Thai #1, day 28
  • Flo, day 29
  • CBD, day 29
  • Exotic Thai #2, day 28
  • Flo, day 3
  • CBD, day 3
  • Flo, day 23

CIMG8992.JPG

Side view:

CIMG8993.JPG

:Namaste:

Hey everybody, how's it going?

Not much to report, except I put a cardboard box under the four shortest plants in the flower tent (in the top left quadrant) in order to get a more even and flat canopy.

As a side note, I think I will keep the Exotic Thai #1 (well, a clone of it) as my only mother plant for this strain in the future. Exotic Thai #2 grows a bit taller and she seems more finicky and prone to deficiencies. We'll see if the clones (currently in the veg tent) show the same traits.

Top view of the nine plants currently in the 3x3 flower tent, left to right and top to bottom:

• Flo, day 33
  • CBD, day 33
  • Exotic Thai #1, day 28
  • Flo, day 29
  • CBD, day 29
  • Exotic Thai #2, day 28
  • Flo, day 3
  • CBD, day 3
  • Flo, day 23

CIMG8992.JPG

Side view:

CIMG8993.JPG

:Namaste:
Looking good in there!

Doing great D!!! How are you?! Ladies are looking good!!
You get that yellowing under control?

Thanks, Blazin! :thanks:
Yes, I think the yellowing is under control: I upped the nutrients last week, so I guess the plants should get enough of everything now. So far, the yellowing doesn't seem to get worse, and the buds keep fattening anyway, so I'm not worried (I rarely am :laughtwo: ).

Love looking at those Flo buds. Keeps me excited to see mine come in someday soon.

Since i know you look at mine, do they seem like the stems aren't stretching enough? I know that's not usually a concern, people want the plants to stay short obviously, but i worry that mine aren't stretching enough to tie (LST) and get big enough to flip to flower. Should i be encouraging longer fan leaf stems? Am i staying too compact? Stunted growth is a major fear because of the heat in my box. But i suppose there is a difference between stunted and compact. Not sure how to tell the difference though.

Keep up the (in my amateur eyes) good work.

Love looking at those Flo buds. Keeps me excited to see mine come in someday soon.

Since i know you look at mine, do they seem like the stems aren't stretching enough? I know that's not usually a concern, people want the plants to stay short obviously, but i worry that mine aren't stretching enough to tie (LST) and get big enough to flip to flower. Should i be encouraging longer fan leaf stems? Am i staying too compact? Stunted growth is a major fear because of the heat in my box. But i suppose there is a difference between stunted and compact. Not sure how to tell the difference though.

Keep up the (in my amateur eyes) good work.

I'm not an expert either but I guess the difference between compact and stunted is simply the number of nodes. If the plant keeps producing new nodes with healthy young leaves and short internode space, then she's just compact. If there's very few new nodes and the young leaves stay small and unhealthy, then it's stunted growth.

Maybe you could decrease the amount of light a bit (or put the light higher away from the plants). It would slightly lower the temps and it would encourage the plants to stretch a little bit more. Again, this is just my non-expert guess.

I'm not an expert either but I guess the difference between compact and stunted is simply the number of nodes. If the plant keeps producing new nodes with healthy young leaves and short internode space, then she's just compact. If there's very few new nodes and the young leaves stay small and unhealthy, then it's stunted growth.

Maybe you could decrease the amount of light a bit (or put the light higher away from the plants). It would slightly lower the temps and it would encourage the plants to stretch a little bit more. Again, this is just my non-expert guess.

I appreciate the advice.
Transplanted last night so they ended up further away from each other and hence, further from their Sister's lights. We'll see if that changes anything.

Hey everybody!

Here's a few pictures in this weekend update.

Situation in the 2x2 veg tent. I moved the plants around, and as you can see, it looks like a nice little green jungle in there. Plants are lush and healthy, except the recovering Flo which still has yellow spots from last week's little deficiency issue but is clearly getting better.

CIMG90111.JPG

And here's a few pics from the 3x3 flower tent.
Flo at day 28, with Exotic Thai #2 at day 34 in the background. The lower bud sites are really starting to fill up the internodal spaces now.

CIMG9020.JPG

Flo at day 38. More pistils are slowly turning brown. Trichomes production seems to have slowed down a little.

CIMG9018.JPG

Unidentified CBD strain at day 38. Internodal spaces are filling up nicely, although buds seem a bit less dense than the Flo's, by the look of it.

CIMG90231.JPG

And here's a group shot: Flo, Exotic Thai and CBD.

CIMG9024.JPG

As always, thanks for watching!
:thanks: :Namaste:

Hey everybody!

Here's today's update from the flower tent.

- Some leaves are showing signs of light burn since I raised some of the plants to make a more even canopy. I now raised the light accordingly and it looks like the light burn stopped spreading.

- I'm starting to get some really nice smell from the flowering plants. I try and avoid touching the buds at all, but I accidentally rubbed my hand against some of them while I was removing a few leaves and watering yesterday. Here are the aromas I've got so far:

• CBD: citrus and lemon balm
  • Flo: hash, chocolate, hints of strawberry
  • Exotic Thai: cinnamon, hints of cherry and sweet pepper

- Take a look at the structure of Exotic Thai #1 and #2. They were both topped twice and they're super symmetrical. But as you can see, #1 is shorter and more compact (and healthier overall), and #2 is taller (and more prone to deficiencies and light burn). Unless the #1 pheno ends up tasting like dog shit, I think she's a keeper.

Exotic Thai #1:

CIMG9033.JPG

Exotic Thai #2:

CIMG9027.JPG

- And finally, here's a closeup of a Flo bud at day 41. It's really packing some weight now.
I think this plant is about 20 to 30 days from harvest.

CIMG9041.JPG

:thanks::Namaste:

Hey guys!

I'm going out of town tomorrow until Sunday. So here's the last update before I leave.

- First of all, I'm now 99.9% sure I'm going to keep the Exotic Thai #1 pheno. It's shorter, bushier, and less prone to deficiencies and light burn than #2. I also compared the smell: #1 is way stronger, with a nice cinammon aroma and a sweet aftertaste. And it's now quite obvious #1 will produce bigger buds.

Exotic Thai #1 at day 39 of flowering:

CIMG9056.JPG

- Buds are now packing weight fast.
Close-up of a Flo bud at day 34, with Exotic Thai #2 at day 39 in the background:

CIMG90681.JPG

- The two latest plants are now at day 14 of flowering. Budlets are starting to form.
Close-up of a Flo budlet at day 14, with the big girls watching in the background:

CIMG9064.JPG

That's it for today. :thanks:
See you on Sunday, have a great weekend! :Namaste:

Looking good! Do you plan on giving them a shot of N?
I always like to rock something middle of flower just for a little boost.

Thanks!
I usually mix a bit of veg nutes with the bloom nutes during flowering, especially if I see signs of early yellowing.

Looks great. Buds are coming in nicely.

Thank you!
Last time, with the scrog, I kept a lot of bud sites and the final buds were quite small. This time around, I have much fewer buds but they're gonna be much fatter.

Back
Top Bottom