DIY high pressure Aeroponics

Thanks for sharing this! :thanks:

I saw in your write up the system runs for 10 seconds, how long are the off intervals?
How much noise does the pump make when its running? My current grow is in a closet in my bedroom, I'm looking to go with this setup for my next grow but I don't want the pump keeping me up at night.

Thanks again!! :Namaste:

Your welcome ...blasted I thought I put that in there ..10 sec on 4 min off... The pump is not loud at all ..what will make noise if resting or pushing up against somthing is the line when it sprays ..but that's an easy fix. Mine is in the same room as me and it does not keep me up.

Your welcome ...blasted I thought I put that in there ..10 sec on 4 min off... The pump is not loud at all ..what will make noise if resting or pushing up against somthing is the line when it sprays ..but that's an easy fix. Mine is in the same room as me and it does not keep me up.

It's all good! :passitleft:

The more I look at this the more I like it. :yummy:

:Namaste:

Im locked in and here to learn!! My goal is to become a master grower and this site will make the dream possible! If your not to busy check out my first tent grow thread and the first page explains allot. What fun!
Im just learning to PH so it should tell you where Im at on this wonderful learning curve Im trying to master.
What a professional, home made set up you made! Im impressed!! Namaste!

Yup if I ever got back into medium-less hydro, this would be the system for me :bongrip:

And it's not THAT expensive if you resource your components properly

However even with the right parts, the system has it's flaws :(

I will definitely stop by and check it out .

We are all here to learn and better ourselves.

Yup if I ever got back into medium-less hydro, this would be the system for me :bongrip:

And it's not THAT expensive if you resource your components properly

However even with the right parts, the system has it's flaws :(

I love this system and I have done dwc,and have a aeroflo20 . I feel every system even soil has its draw backs .

What flaws do you see with this system ?

I love this system and I have done dwc,and have a aeroflo20 . I feel every system even soil has its draw backs .

What flaws do you see with this system ?

I'd say the emitters becoming clogged is my first dislike. I'd have to use specialty expensive nutrients. chinese high pressure Diaphragm pumps breaking down over time. expensive cycle timers that also fail.
Mostly just the whole overly complicated methods used to go about such a simple task can be time consuming to get it working right.
I'm back to working with coco but like they say, each system works for different folks.

V:bongrip:

I'd say the emitters becoming clogged is my first dislike. I'd have to use specialty expensive nutrients. chinese high pressure Diaphragm pumps breaking down over time. expensive cycle timers that also fail.
Mostly just the whole overly complicated methods used to go about such a simple task can be time consuming to get it working right.
I'm back to working with coco but like they say, each system works for different folks.

V:bongrip:

Very valid points .

In regards to the emitters getting clogged , that's another reason I spray at 140 lbs ..keep them cleaned out . The emitters I have are easy clean in the event that it happens , I also have spares as they aren't expensive so I can just change it out in a matter of seconds and clean the clogged one and put it back in line .

I do run clean nutes ..but use a lot less of them so in the end it's still cheaper even with expensive nutes

Pump failure yes it's a concern ..however a good pump should easily function for years without any issue . But I do have a spare in the event that a catastrophe does happen.

The timers .,yes they are expensive and I found one that you could build and put in place for around 30$ ..that is coming .

To me part of the fun is in the design of the system and dialing it in :).

Yes people prefer different systems and they each have their limitations and draw backs.

Hi NP!

I'm getting ready to order parts to start assembling my own system and have a Q. When it comes to the misters 4 are listed on the webpage, which one did you use?

Thanks! :thanks:

Nevermind, I read through the post where you describe the mist head and figured it out. Sorry, just excited about building it. :cheer:

it is in action, go to his journal in his signature. its pretty wild

Great diy project. Can't wait to see in action! Thanks for sharing need more people like you on 420!!

Hello everyone. I just joined here today and I am waiting for my supplies to get here to start setting up my grow room. I will be doing HP Aero and will be using 55 gallon drums to hold the ladies in.

Hello everyone. I just joined here today and I am waiting for my supplies to get here to start setting up my grow room. I will be doing HP Aero and will be using 55 gallon drums to hold the ladies in.

Get that grow going! I want to see those 55 gal drums in action, that's going to be one hell of a rooting chamber lol. I too grow using HPA

well the intent of using the 55 gl drus is to keep the roots out of the water always. alsoy accumalator is inside of a tall cooler to help insulate it better and my res is also a 15 gallon cooler that has a 1/4 ton chiller hooked to it that runs at 60 degrees my hopes are to keep the temps coming from the misters as close to 65 degrees as possible so my root chamber temps will stay cooler. I have also insulated my barrels on the outside with an insulation that has a white backing. I had lids for the barrels made from hdpe black plastic and have the locking rings for the barrels to lock the lids down tight.

Back
Top Bottom