Dkellz86 Super Soil Top LED Mars 2 1200W - 4x4 Tent - Cookies & Cream - Blue Lavender

Re: DKELLZ86 Super Soil Top LED Mars 2 1200w - 4x4 Tent - Cookies & Cream - Blue Lave

I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be salt build up. The last half of flower I focused more on sugars and carbs. I thought that feeding so late would cause the buds to have a bad taste? I thought that I would get more of a fade in the leaves and maybe bring out the blues and purples by flushing

Re: DKELLZ86 Super Soil Top LED Mars 2 1200w - 4x4 Tent - Cookies & Cream - Blue Lave

I think its the artificial ferts that give them a bad taste. Your plants look perfect so I would keep doing what you have been doing, they certainly don't look like they are starving :) Probably a good amount of nutes in the supersoil still anyway :thumb:

20150115_231552.jpg
20150116_004904.jpg
20150116_004911.jpg
20150116_004925.jpg

Couple pics from last night. I need to get a nice camera. I chopped blue lavender phenos 1 and 2. I took off all of the fan leaves that had stems and left everything else on. Pheno 3 wasn't quite ready. It still had some clear trichomes. My drying closet is at 71°F and 50% RH. It's completely dark and has an in line fan blowing air into the room to keep circulation. I plan on drying for 7-10 days but we will see once the outsides of the buds are dry. I'm ordering small hygrometers to put in the quart jars during curing to make sure the humidity in the jar stays at 62%.

20150116_230651.jpg

Patience is a virtue. I ordered caliber iv hygrometers to put in quart jars when it's time to cure. This is going to be the longest few weeks of my life lol. The cookies and cream is coming along nicely and Blue lavender pheno 3 is ready for chop tomorrow night. I really like the color and smell of pheno 3 but it was definately the lowest yielder. I think I will cut her out of my cycle next time. Maybe I could've trained her differently and done some lollipopping. Tomorrow should be an eventful day! Harvest BL#3 and Seahawks vs packers! GO HAWKS!!!

You can throw a couple buds on top of your light in an envelope and they will fast dry in a day or two if you don't want to wait for all of it :) Also have you seen the boveda packs for regulating your humidity inside of the jars? They work great esp if you get some bud to dried out the packs will bring it right back:thumb: I have the 62% packs and they are a bit much. It stays too moist IMO and they recently came out with 52% packs I believe they were for herb. I would target closer to 50% once you get it jarred up, if you keep it up at 60 or above it doesn't ever really dry out enough.

I have seen those! I'm gonna see if my local hydro store has them. I harvested BL3 tonight after giving it a 36 hour dark period to let nutes settle in the root zone. Buds were super leafy and fluffy mostly. Not planning on running that pheno past this next round. On the other 2 phenos that have been drying for 4 days now...the top of the colas (bottom since they are hanging upside down) are drying considerably faster than the smaller lower buds (actually higher). Anyways not sure if that made sense but should I cut off the dry buds from the stem and trim and put in jars and leave whatever is not there yet on the stem to dry longer or should I wait until the whole branch dries?

20150116_222950.jpg

Pic of a bud I quick dried. Wasn't harsh at all, tasted great, and had me in the clouds :)
20150119_215325.jpg

Made a worm tea for the veg tent. 3 gal r/o, 3 cups ewc, 10 ml age old kelp, 20 ml Neptune's harvest fish, about 35 ml of molasses (earth juice hi brix and Humboldt honey es), 8 ml protekt, 30 ml EJ grow, 30 ml EJ catalyst, 15 ml EJ microblast. Bubbled for 24 hrs until it was frothing and the ph was above 7.0. Diluted with a gallon of r/o to knock down ppms added 8 ml cal/ mag, and put a sprinkle of EJ natural ph down to make it 6.8 then fed.

I have seen those! I'm gonna see if my local hydro store has them. I harvested BL3 tonight after giving it a 36 hour dark period to let nutes settle in the root zone. Buds were super leafy and fluffy mostly. Not planning on running that pheno past this next round. On the other 2 phenos that have been drying for 4 days now...the top of the colas (bottom since they are hanging upside down) are drying considerably faster than the smaller lower buds (actually higher). Anyways not sure if that made sense but should I cut off the dry buds from the stem and trim and put in jars and leave whatever is not there yet on the stem to dry longer or should I wait until the whole branch dries?

You can try and jar up a cola and see what it does. If the steams are not snapping yet they are probably still to wet on the inside. You will be able to tell once its in the jar. If its not dry enough the moisture on the inside of the bud will work its way back through the whole thing and it will be moist on the outside again.

Thanks smokey. The tops feel dry on the outside but I bent the stem and it didn't snap so I'll let it go another day and check! I just put the cookies in the dark and transferred my vegging plants under the led. I'm hoping they really take off now they have sufficient light. I'm about a month behind on my plan to hharvest about every 2 months. That's ok though I'd rather take it slow, do things right, and gain the knowledge I need to produce the best smoke possible. I'm thinking about getting a Sun Blaze T5 VHO fluorescent light 4 ft 8 lamp or the HO. I was short on money so I couldn't purchase a good light for the veg room so they've been under a dinky 2 ft 2 lamp since they were cloned. After I saw how much stretch there was during flower I have a better idea of where I want to be before I flip and I think another mars would be overkill. Also on this next round I want to try some new flower teas. I'm pretty sure i wasn't putting enough guano and other things to create a higher microbe population. I'm going to try incorporating more high phosphorus guano, roots oregonism xl, elemental, try a few different enzymes even though I really like hygrozyme so far, and also use a pk booster during week 3 and 5 of flower (maybe hpk from roots organic). I might start focusing on carbs a week earlier also.

Watered the veg tent today. 3 gal ro water, 30 ml hygrozyme, 12.5 ml cal mag, 10 ml protekt, 20 ml hi brix molasses, and 10 ml age old kelp. Ph was around 5.5 so ph'd up with earth juice natural up to 6.5. It came out to 710 ppm. Fed a little over 4 cups per plant. Temps have been around 81° because I put the exhaust fan on a timer to try to manipulate the humidity. The humidifier is in the drying room currently and the RH dropped to 30-35% in the veg tent -__-. I've been misting regularly and have been successful in raising rh to around 40%. Once the humidifier is available all should be well but right now the leaves look very dry and are canoeing. I'm training the plants a little differently this time. I lst'd a lot earlier and have been gently bending the new node growths out creating multiple flowering positions. After seeing how low down the branches that the buds were under developed I'm going to lollipop this round around the start of flower.

Put the humidifier back in the veg tent and raised humidity to 50 %. They're looking better already and it's only been a few hours :)
I was looking through this journal and had a similar problem the first round. I think I might add some Epsom salt to the next watering and raise the light a few inches too.

Back
Top Bottom