First Grow - 3x3' Tent - Soil - Mars 1200W LED

Do'oh, My apologies to Versai

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Check out the strain review here!

igf.png

Have you noticed any heat problems with this light?

I'm running a 600W hps, and it's ridiculous(even with a vented hood, 6" inline fan rated at 400cfm)

This light is rated roughly around the same wattage of my hps, and if it produces significantly less heat, I'm sold.

Hey Rae, bern it up!

Nah, no heat problems with this light. Heat was the reason I went LED too. For my 3x3 tent, an HPS puts out enough heat to require a vented hood and I just didn't have the space on the ceiling for a reflector, filter, fan, ducting. The LED free'd up so much space in my plans and the tent stays around 80 degrees F in my 66 degrees basement.

Hey Rae, bern it up!

Nah, no heat problems with this light. Heat was the reason I went LED too. For my 3x3 tent, an HPS puts out enough heat to require a vented hood and I just didn't have the space on the ceiling for a reflector, filter, fan, ducting. The LED free'd up so much space in my plans and the tent stays around 80 degrees F in my 66 degrees basement.

I just read through your second journal as well, I think I'm sold...now just to sell my SO on it.. xD

80F with a single fan(I assume you keep and have kept this on a low setting, on oscillate?)
Thanks for the info so far.. and I hope my picking your brain doesn't bother you any.

You mind what I ask you did with your previous setup? I'd feel bad just putting it in storage or something until I can make use out of it.
:thanks:

This is my first setup, but I've tried an HPS light years ago and the heat instantly fried my plants. Yea, the tower fan oscillating on low creates a plenty strong column of air across the whole bottom half of the tent. And I use a 175 CFM fan to exhaust. Lemme know if you have any other questions!

This is my first setup, but I've tried an HPS light years ago and the heat instantly fried my plants. Yea, the tower fan oscillating on low creates a plenty strong column of air across the whole bottom half of the tent. And I use a 175 CFM fan to exhaust. Lemme know if you have any other questions!

The tower fan doesn't blow too hard on any of the girls when they're too small?
Now I'm just hunting for a bargain on this light... I use a 400cfm fan for extraction on a controller, so it really makes me feel comfortable that the LED lighting might be best for me..
Which sucks, seeing as how I just dropped $300 on this light fixture/bulbs.

Nah the tower fan isn't too intense except for the branches that are pretty much directly in front of it, I notice the fan leaves there get a little wind burn. But that's only leaves within 1 inch of the fan. Nonetheless I'm thinking about replacing it with a couple mini clip-fans spread around the tent. That 1 square foot in the corner could be an entire extra plant!

And there's discount codes you used to be able to enter for the Mars lights, not sure if they still work. I used "MrTight" for -5%. Supposedly Sara cuts 420mag people the same discount if you email her.

Nah the tower fan isn't too intense except for the branches that are pretty much directly in front of it, I notice the fan leaves there get a little wind burn. But that's only leaves within 1 inch of the fan. Nonetheless I'm thinking about replacing it with a couple mini clip-fans spread around the tent. That 1 square foot in the corner could be an entire extra plant!

And there's discount codes you used to be able to enter for the Mars lights, not sure if they still work. I used "MrTight" for -5%. Supposedly Sara cuts 420mag people the same discount if you email her.

Ordering them from 420mag or from Mars?
I've been trying to decide whats best for me.. I don't want to end up upset or disappointed I didn't go with another model.
I keep getting told having several, smaller panels are better than a single large one.

Checkout the inverse square law. As light spreads away it gets exponentially weaker. Basically the more light you can get directly over your canopy, the better. And if it was an even choice between a 20x20 inch panel or four 5x5 inch panels, the amount of light is the same but you have a chance to use the multiple smaller panels more efficiently by controlling the positioning.

But for a small tent, they make plenty strong single panels to cover the entire square feet. Can't go wrong either way. :thumb:

Checkout the inverse square law. As light spreads away it gets exponentially weaker. Basically the more light you can get directly over your canopy, the better. And if it was an even choice between a 20x20 inch panel or four 5x5 inch panels, the amount of light is the same but you have a chance to use the multiple smaller panels more efficiently by controlling the positioning.

But for a small tent, they make plenty strong single panels to cover the entire square feet. Can't go wrong either way. :thumb:

I get what you're saying.

I've also heard rumors that LED's still produce a ton of heat(sometimes comparable to HPS) have you seen this problem?
I'd be -devastated- if I dropped the cash and continue to run into the same issue.

Never heard that rumor before. Can check through the journal to see the constant temp readings I took, didn't run into any problems here. Just do your research and homework and you won't have anything to worry about.

I'm just flabbergasted that a 19" square 4" thick can do what this thing is doing.:thanks:

If you don't mind my asking, what do you do about watering? Is there a drain pan or anything? for 8 plants, it seems like a lot of runoff water.

Thanks for your post dude, I been thinking of trying a budmaster myself but so far have only used led for veg and mothering of this strain. It does well under secret jardin daylight 28w light bars x4 set vertically around mother and I use T5's sunblasters to veg clones (I/girls like the warmth) then this grow I transplanted into 25l autopots airdromes coco mix with lec 315w agro daylight bulb 20/4 and wow tight nodes amazing growth. Just scrog and flipped week one and turned on 2x250w hps in cool tubes (overkill) and you have inspired me to post a blog I been photographing this grow and just joined 420. Thank you for inspiration. Looks like nute lock out causing cal/mag deficiency. flush a bit and just go light on feed if any and feed it cal/mag in whatever form you use . I've grown this strain about 8/9 times and had cal/mag issues on first couple grows. Now I'm careful not to overfeed or have salt build up and supplement base nute with cal/mag . Hope helps
Ps it's a strange strain they say it's ready at 7 week or 10 and my mate crops at 7 but if you leave for 10/11 usually then it gets a second growth spurt before ripening 20%amber . Massive yield if go the distance . Last grow 600w hps with 200w supplements LED I got 700g m2 scrog and 1 cola was 30g dry weight my best yield ever.

Back
Top Bottom