Dkellz86 Super Soil Top LED Mars 2 1200W - 4x4 Tent - Cookies & Cream - Blue Lavender

Re: DKELLZ86 Super Soil Top LED Mars 2 1200w - 4x4 Tent - Cookies & Cream - Blue Lave

The tip burn might come later or not at all. I'm pretty sure new twisted up growth like that is a sign of hot soil. My plants at least when I get tip burn it's from them being to hot temp wise and two low in Rh not cause the soil is to hot.

Re: DKELLZ86 Super Soil Top LED Mars 2 1200w - 4x4 Tent - Cookies & Cream - Blue Lave

Just curious what's the buffer layer. Man super soil sounds like a pain in da ass. You gotta get on high brix next round my friend it's like easy mode or god mode if your a gammer :rofl:

A buffer is used to ease into the hotter soil. In my case I'm using happy frog, promix hp, and adding perlite basically as my base soil. Then upon transplanting for flower I put straight up super soil on the bottom. The next layer is the buffer layer which is a 50/50 mix of happy frog and super soil. On top of that is a 75 hf/25ss then straight happy frog. I don't know that I did things the right way when I made it. I've seen people have amazing results but the happy frog was working just fine. I definately want to check out high brix next round. The first set of clones are almost ready for keg cups. I'll be using happy frog to start off. I think the promix hp threw off my ph this round. About how much did it cost you for all your high brix supplies? I still have to buy another light.

I think the big bail of promix goes for around 50 bucks and the little bails go for around 25 if you can still find it, my lowes and home depot no longer have it for the year so I had to order the half sized bail and pay 35 bucks for shipping from amazon :straightface: The kit is around 85 dollars shipped I think. And the worm castings are around 25-50 bucks depending on brand and where you buy them at. Thats enough to grow 6 plants in 7 gal containers from start to finish. You will probably want two full kits eventually so you can rotate them and have one ready for the next crop and then recycle the soil from the just harvested plants for the next round. People are getting 3-4 rounds out of a batch of soil np so you don't need to keep buying promix over and over. I have 1 and a half kits in rotation now and it should be more then enough for the amount of plants I grow.

It takes a month to cook the soil once you mix the amendment and castings with the pro mix. To recycle the soil the first time I just add some Roots the product (ask for a bulk bag of roots when you order your kit its 12 bucks) and any leaves and roots that I have from that batch along with some more worm castings and let it cook all over again. After that first recycle doc has a special amendment for recycled soil that is slightly tweaked that you will add also. Easy as that.

Here is a link to the directions for feeding and what not, let me know if you have any questions, you will try and over complicate it everyone does.
In The Lab

To get a kit just pm him or post in one of his threads asking for one. :thumb:

Here is the feeding schedule I used for flowering last time.

Week before flip, Energy Drench
Week of flip, Transplant Drench
Week 2 No drench
Week 3 Top dress with recharge and EWC No drench
Week 4 Cat Drenches (2 times during the week, back to back waterings)
Week 5 Energy Drench
Week 6 No Drench
Week 7 Transplant Drench
Week 8 Energy Drench
Week 9 Energy Drench

These drenches keep the soil energized so it can support the microbes that will actually feed your plant. When you give the drenches your not directly feeding the plant your feeding the soil. Then ~1 time a week you will spray with brix, this will trigger the microbes to feed the plant what it needs. During times of high demand you can spray brix a little more often. There is also another spray called stress that you can use anytime they start to look less than perfect but most people use it more in veg than in bloom it seems. During veg I just give them a little bit of what ever drench is left over from my flowering plants (except cat drench that ones special) every so often and spray them with brix and usually stress once a week. They don't need a ton of drenches during veg but since I let the soil dry out between waterings its good to give it to them to make sure all your microbes are alive and happy. Once your in flowering you want to keep the soil moist and not let it dry out anymore so the microbes can stay active and feeding your plant.

Happy thanksgiving! Ok cool thank you. I'll read through that thread this weekend! I think you were right about things getting too hot. I see a couple burnt tips but not bad. I'm going to give them a nice drink of just water tomorrow. I finally found a pistil on my cookies :)

Awesome, it always sucks when you don't get at least one female from each strain. The first time I tried to grow the plushberry all three I started ended up being males two months later when it was time to flower them. I was only able to get one female out of the five pack but at least she is a keeper :thumb:

Pistils everywhere on the cookies and cream today! She's a girl! :) I got my ph runoff issue worked out and back to 6.5. It fell under 6. I put the first set of clones into keg cups of happy frog with a little sprinkle of dolomite lime and I added some perlite. The 2nd set of clones are starting to show some stubs of roots. I raised the humidity to 50 in the flower tent. It's hard to keep it there. I need to put my oscillating fan and exhaust fan on a timer and play around with on and off cycles to get it perfected. Watering tonight with a gallon of distilled per plant. I added 10 ml of EJ cal/mag and 8 ml of kelp. Ppm came out to just 40 ppm which worked out because of those tops looking like they did. Ph'd to 6.5.

Sounds like everything is coming along nicely mate :thumb:
I have problems keeping my humidity that high too, I live in vegas. If I shut the door its np but then it gets to hot while the lights are on so I do my best and dump about 3 gal of water in the big whole house humidifier everyday thats located in my 10x10 grow room.

I wouldn't turn your oscillating fan off, I keep mine running at all times and the couple times I forgot to turn it back on my tops got a little burnt.

I have been kicking around the idea of fully sealing my room up this year and running a dedicated mini split AC and CO2 but its a big investment and I only grow for myself. I would love to be able to maintain the exact RH Temp and CO2 without worrying about the house heating and cooling and the season changes and constantly poring water in the humidifier because its trying to humidify my entire house. Not to mention it would be nice to be able to keep the door to the grow room closed since its just one of our spare bedrooms especially the last couple weeks before harvest, they really start smelling then.

Also getting your humidity up should help them grow faster = eat faster = get used to the hot super soil faster :thumb:

I've been just misting them lightly with ph'd water every once in a while to keep it above 50. I think having my exhaust fan on a timer would really help keep it up. Maybe like an hour on 15 off. I'm in western washington so it's not as dry as what you're having to deal with. I love Vegas I'm thinking about making another trip out there in June. The only thing I'm afraid of with humidity is powdery mildew.

I don't I just got a saturn 5 for my humidity issues and haven't even started using it yet and already wish I would of got something that had better CO2 support. It only has a short cycle timer in it and no way to measure your PPMs.

20141203_004516.jpg
20141203_004531.jpg
20141203_004543.jpg
20141203_004627.jpg

They're getting big! I picked up a humidifier and am keeping my rh at 50% during lights on and 40% during lights off. I need to get my exhaust fan on a timer to figure out how to get the proper humidity with cooler temps. Right now it's 80-84° lights on with fan off and lights on with fan on is 72-74. When I leave my exhaust fan on the humidifier is almost useless. So I need to play around with on/off times to figure out a happy medium. Plants are looking very happy though so I'm not complaining...just trying to get the environment dialed in. I noticed a huge difference in growth with the proper humidity.

I hope you're ready for some smoke. Gonna pull a ton out of that room, everything looks great :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom