Dkellz86 Super Soil Top LED Mars 2 1200W - 4x4 Tent - Cookies & Cream - Blue Lavender

Re: DKELLZ86 Super Soil Top LED Mars 2 1200w - 4x4 Tent - Cookies & Cream - Blue Lave

Still waiting to see what I have. The first roots are barely showing. The ph in the rez on the ez cloner raised over time to 6.4 so I lowered it back to 5.9. Fed the veg tent with a tea last night. 4 gal distilled water, 3 cups EWC, 40 ml sulphur free molasses, 15 age old kelp, 30 ml Neptune's harvest hydrolized fish, a pinch of humic and a pinch of N heavy bat guano. Bubbled it for about 48 hours. 1000 ppm and ph'd down to 6.5.

Re: DKELLZ86 Super Soil Top LED Mars 2 1200w - 4x4 Tent - Cookies & Cream - Blue Lave

I honestly don't know this was the first time I tried to take clones to sex them and I just got home and there all dead. I would guess around 2-3 weeks since thats how long normal plants take after the flip but its just a guess. At least all the real plants survived my week away :thumb:

You might want to just take normal clones at this point and flip the plants instead. Just keep track of what plant each clone comes from. They have to be getting huge by now.

That's kinda what I was thinking. Transplant and before I flip take one last close look and make my best guess. Put the ones I think are male in front so it will be easier to remove them and keep a close eye on everything everyday. Blue lavender #2 is definately showing some pistils. Hopefully the others won't be far behind.

20141119_001901.jpg
20141119_001914.jpg
20141119_003257.jpg

Transplanted tonight. I'm gonna let them settle in for a couple days then take clones and flip them. On 2 of them I'm seeing a lot of yellowing on the tops. I need to do some troubleshooting tomorrow. I'm gonna check the run off ph first just to make sure I'm not locking out. Then if that checks out my first guess to solve this problem would be water with some Epsom salt. Any suggestions? I'll take a better pic of the issue in normal light tomorrow. Most of the clones are doing well. Still no definitive signs of gender.

20141119_202320.jpg
20141119_210633.jpg

First pic is under regular light second is led. All the tops are considerably lighter. Sulphur deficiency maybe? I checked the ph runoff. I watered with 6.5 and it came out 5.9. So that's probably what's causing it. To bring my runoff up to 6.5 would I use 7.1?

I don't have enough experience to tell exactly what kind of deficiency they have but they do look a little unhappy at the tops. It looks like you have plenty of room between your plants and lights still but I cant really tell. The LEDs do funny things when they get to close and don't just bleach out like HIDs do but they don't look at all like mine did when they got to close. I just pm'd you a good link with info on lockout and deficiencies I found while looking around for something that looked similar to yours. Hope it helps or that someone with more experience chimes in.

Still hard to say for sure from the pic. The right side (top in the pic) looks like it might have the hairs but most of them are hidden from view if that is what they are.

That's a great link thanks! I really think it's a ph lockout issue. Either sulphur or magnesium is what it looks like. I'm going to correct the ph issue and see from there. I'm gonna flip in a couple days. I'm excited. Thanks for the link!!!

Plants were getting way too tall so I had to tie them down a bit today. 3 females showing pistils and 1 that has tear drop shaped preflowers...waiting to see a pistil pop out but I'll be watching closely just in case! 3 blue lavender and only 1 cookies & cream. They're just starting to get their roots in the new soil and they are taking off. I flipped to 12/12 2 days ago. Also I took a second set of clones and changed the light schedule to 18/6. The first set of clones are bursting with secondary roots and are almost ready to hit some soil! I tested my run off ph and it was wayyyy low. I've been feeding and watering ever since at 7.2 slowly bringing it back up until I hit 6.5. They are responding very well to the raise in ph. I split a stem today trying to bend a branch to where I wanted it :/. I clamped it back together with a binder clip until it fixes itself. I'm excited to be flowering!

Try not to pinch the outer layer of the stems with the clip. I usually use soft para-cord when I split one. You want to hold it together but still allow water to get through. Glad to hear everything is going good! :high-five: If you think they're tall now just wait till you see them in a couple of weeks :rofl:

20141126_003115.jpg
20141126_003229.jpg

Everything is going great besides all new growth leaves are very skinny and spindly and curling upward a bit. I'm not sure why. I'm going to do some research.

If your temps / humidity / lights are all good I would look at what your feeding them. Might be getting a little hot in there.

20141126_003649.jpg
20141126_003721.jpg
20141126_003757.jpg

All other plants have shown sex without a doubt. This is the only one left in question. The other 2 cookies and cream were males so this is the last cookies left. The other ones had round shaped balls...this one looks tear drop shaped.

Sorry bout the doods but at least this one should be a female. I had to throw out one of my two hurkles last night for the same reason. The females seem to show their parts a little after the males so you should be good now :thumb:

If your temps / humidity / lights are all good I would look at what your feeding them. Might be getting a little hot in there.

Ok the last feeding I gave them was a tea at 750 ppm. There is a small layer of super soil at the bottom of the pots but there is a buffer layer leading into that and then above that is happy frog. Maybe the roots hit the super soil....would I be seeing some tip burn if it were too hot? And would the roots make it down to the bottom in 4 days? I'm going to water tonight. Usually I add hygrozyme and cal/mag when I water but I think I'll leave that out this time. My temps stay right around 72-75, rh is around 30-50%, and my light is 24-30" away like it's been the whole time. I should've left at least one without the layer of super soil at the bottom.

My guess is they hit the super soil. Roots can really put on some growth during the flip. They will probably straighten out in a few days or so if that's what's happening. Your Rh could be a bit higher you will get better growth and less stress. Try to target 60 at lights on and 50 at lights off or as close to those numbers as you can get but I don't think that's your problem.

Back
Top Bottom