Dkellz86 Super Soil Top LED Mars 2 1200W - 4x4 Tent - Cookies & Cream - Blue Lavender

Re: DKELLZ86 Super Soil Top LED Mars 2 1200w - 4x4 tent Cookies & Cream and Blue Lave

Looking good in a few days I think they will be all turned around :thumb:

I am not saying this is good or to necessarily do it but I got lazy and stopped putting water in my humidifier a few weeks ago so now my humidity runs from about 36-38% with the lights on and around 41 when they're off. I am not sure if this is good for them or not but they are perkier now. Someone in another thread recommended if I let it get a little drier they would be perkier and rely on their roots more after seeing a picture of mine being kinda droopy. I didn't pay much attention to it since everyone says it should be higher but they seem to like it. I do need to water more often now though so any work I am saving by not filling the humidifier is just getting offset by watering more but I enjoy watering the plants much more then watering a machine :p I live in vegas so the lack of humidity is a constant battle I will never win but its much better then the opposite problem.

It's kinda funny I think we both just ran into the same issue. I noticed a couple tiny rusty streaks around the veins of the tops closest to the light on my Amazonia today. They were only 10-12" from the light and I am hoping they were just to close. Only the top most leaves had any signs of a problem so I think thats whats going on. I raised it to about 18" and am going to hit them with a shot of mag too.

I got a bunk batch of promix this time I wish I would of noticed before I mix my amendment and worm shit in. It had almost no perlite in it so I added some but I am not sure it wasn't missing something else. My plants are doing good but they don't have the high brix shine like last grow or like most people get.

Do you have a target timeframe for your flip? I would assume you will get one or two males just based on odds so you should be setup to fill that tent perfectly! 4 Nice sized plants fills up a 4x4 just right and maybe you will get lucky and have a fifth to squeeze in the middle :thumb:

Re: DKELLZ86 Super Soil Top LED Mars 2 1200w - 4x4 tent Cookies & Cream and Blue Lave

The reason I raised the humidity was to be able to stop watering so much in fear of over watering lol. When the humidity is low they transpire much more I think and often feel dry to the touch. My leaves were getting pretty crispy. They all perked up after I watered with the mag but then 4 of 6 went right back to hoe they were before after the day went on. I really think they just needed to stretch their legs. What promix did u go with? I'm going to build a scrog and do my best to fill it up. It's first time doing a scrog so I'm not quite sure of a timeframe. I need to get another tent so I can have buds every 2 months or so. I'm hoping to veg for another month and a half maybe 2. We'll see how things go though! 4 out of 6 would be fine with me I know 6 is a little bit much but I figured better safe then sorry if I get some males.

1.5 - 2 months more might be a bit long with the amount of plants you have and the pot sizes your using. On my first HB grow I started from seed and I went about 1.5 months from them sprouting before I flowered them. I grew them in 7gal equiv pots and they were pretty filled up when I cut them. I messed up the photo period on them to sex them early so they never really stretched like they should of on my first grow. I took clones right before that flip for this round so they had about 10 weeks to root up and veg and they are now in 15gal equiv pots which is a bit bigger then they need but not by a lot.

They will start to take off and put on growth quickly now. Another month might be plenty. Remember depending on the strain they can double or even triple in size for some of those crazy sativas from the time you flip them till their done.

Do you have a closet or something you could take a clone off of each in another week or so once their big enough and flip the clones to see how many females you have? Once you know what your total plant count is you can figure out how to best grow them and how long to veg for max yield out of your space.

Also with a scrog you need less vertical space but use more horizontal space. You might actually be better off with low stress training with the amount of plants your growing. Plus you have a light that has great penetration, I have the smaller ones and get a good foot to foot and a half of vertical bud growth before they show signs of underdevelopment.

Just things to think about :D

I used the pro-mix hp. This was my third bail of it and it just wasn't like it usually is. I really should of tossed it and started over right away but I didn't want to wait to order new stuff. It will be getting tossed after this grow.

There gonna look pissy for a day or two after transplanting thats pretty normal. :thumb:

I should've transplanted out of keg cups into something bigger instead of those stupid square pots lol. Then I could've vegged for a bit longer until they were ready for supersoil. Then transplanted into one step larger of an air pot....next time. My plan was to top multiple times and use lst along with a trellis net #1 for support and #2 to aid in an even canopy with as many bud sites as possible. I'll see where they are in a month but you definately have a good point about the stretch. They've already bounced back and put on new growth. They look happier than ever so I'm really expecting them to take off! I need to order another tent, light, and exhaust fan so I can do that asap. I wish I would've got a veg spectrum and a bloom spectrum instead of full. I just didn't have the funds at the time. Thanks for all the advice! I'm gonna let them settle in for a few days. Today is day 28 I believe. When should I start feeding them?

20141018_0600412.jpg

Much better :)

I should've transplanted out of keg cups into something bigger instead of those stupid square pots lol. Then I could've vegged for a bit longer until they were ready for supersoil. Then transplanted into one step larger of an air pot....next time. My plan was to top multiple times and use lst along with a trellis net #1 for support and #2 to aid in an even canopy with as many bud sites as possible. I'll see where they are in a month but you definately have a good point about the stretch. They've already bounced back and put on new growth. They look happier than ever so I'm really expecting them to take off! I need to order another tent, light, and exhaust fan so I can do that asap. I wish I would've got a veg spectrum and a bloom spectrum instead of full. I just didn't have the funds at the time. Thanks for all the advice! I'm gonna let them settle in for a few days. Today is day 28 I believe. When should I start feeding them?

Don't worry bout the pots you caught it and switched in time. When you transplant out of the air pots you wont need to mess with cutting the roots or anything and they wont skip a beat. I don't think they even realize they got a new home except they now have more room to stretch their legs. A good way to visualize how big of pot you need compared to your plants is to take what you see above the ground and you need roughly enough room for equal that amount of root mass to fit into the pot somehow . I'm don't have experience with your soil except if I remember correctly its not as hot as ocean forest which I did used to use years ago and it was to much for young-ens. The plants don't need much ferts while vegging if there in good soil. Since they just got fresh soil I would think they will be fine for a week or two before really needing anything. My plants get fed very small amounts and not very often until they get into flower then I start up with the normal routine.

Remember right now your trying to grow roots not the plant. Its more important to let them dry out between waterings then it is to feed them a lot. The very first plant I ever grew I had no idea what I was doing. I kept it on 18/6 for like three or more months waiting for them to show sex. I kept chopping them down and even had to repot and trim some root off a few times since I was vegging in 5gal buckets. I transplanted it into a frame of soil I made about 1.5' deep by 2x4'. By the time I flowered it looked like a bonsai, the trunk was huge and it had lots of tops that I cut almost all the way down right before flowering since I did not have a lot of vertical room. I ran it in a 2x4 foot cabinet with a 1k hps and I ended up with over 20 colas all the size of my arm. I think I am going to try and reproduce that on one of my upcoming grows it was really unbelievable and I have never been able to grow that many huge colas on one plant since.

What size veg tent are you getting. I have a 2x4 and I really really wish I would of got something bigger. By the time you have a couple moms and then clones and vegging plants you run out of room quickly. I either need to build a shelving system or swap my setup around and flower in my 2x4 and use my big tent for my veg tent someday. I know I can produce enough to supply myself in the 2x4 I just love the space in the big tent and love that the buds aren't all smushed up against the walls.

Id keep the mars II you have for your flower tent and get 2 96x3 reflectors for veg tent. Getting two smaller lights instead of one big one will make it easier to have plants in different phases of life. You could even go with 4 of the 48x3 for max flexibility but it would cost a 100 bucks more.

I was planning on doing water, water, light bennie tea. How often are you having to water in your air pots?

My 15 gal equiv they hold an actual 12 gallons get watered 1 gallon every other day. My little ones just got put in the air pots so im not sure how often I will need to water them. When I do water the little ones I will soak them good and then let them dry all the way out before watering them again so how ever long that takes. The hb soil does better in flowering if you don't let it dry all the way out.

20141019_221219.jpg
I think I messed up on topping this one. I clipped some of the new growth by accident. Should I move down a node and re top or do u think it will be ok?
20141020_094716.jpg
cookies and cream #2 is dark lighter green color within the margins. Is this a sign of a deficiency? I tried looking it up but what I found was inconclusive.
20141020_095640.jpg
they are looking very happy just those minor issues. They are starting to really take off

It'll be fine man :) the plant will adapt

Thats not letting them do their thang...

Seriously though depending on what your trying to do you might not want to LST them just yet. I usually wait till right before flowering and use it to spread the branches out some so light can penetrate and to try and make the tops as level as possible so each higher row of branches gets pulled down a little more then the one below. If your trying to grow normal plants with 6-8 or so big fat tops I would top a second time after they get a couple nodes of growth on the new tops you got last time so probably by now would be fine. After they recover from that transplant to your final pots and give them another week to adjust and then LST prune and flip. If you want something that is more like a scrog then you can keep on with the LST now its all about what shape of plants your looking for. :thumb:

If you force the vertical growth horizontal to soon it will just start growing a new branch out of each node and your plants will end up looking like mine did this time. I was planing on doing a scrog this time so I did my LST much sooner then normal thats why I have these crazy looking bushes now. I pulled the main branches flat about 2-3 weeks before the flip this time and it grew tons of branches up out of them. For every branch you see with buds on it now I probably cut 2-4 times that many off of it so far.

Edit I looked at your pictures again and it looks like you still have most of your tops pointing up and you only LSTd a couple of the branches so that wont be to bad just keep them growing vertically or your nodes will turn into branches in a week or two.

I decided to do a scrog. Did I defeat the purpose of topping them a few days ago? I want a really bushy plant so I can fill up the screen with lots of tops. Your plants look great! What did u cut off? Are u talking about lollipopping by cutting all the stuff underneath?

Right on, nope the topping was not a waste at all it will give you more branches to fill the screen in with. Right before the flip you basically want to remove any growth that is not going to produce up to what ever standards you have are. Some people make hash and don't mind growing lots of popcorn buds. I don't so the popcorn is nothing more then wasted energy that could of went into my colas so I leave 3-5 nodes on the top of each branch at the start of flowering and snip everything below that. This time it had a branch coming out of every node on the main branches so I cut a bunch of them off and only kept the nicest ones so they could get more energy. You can see from my pictures at the start of flowering to now how much they have grown and I had to go back in and snip some more off around week 2 that weren't as mature as the rest. With a real scrog it will be a little different as you will be trimming pretty much anything under your canopy at the screen since anything below that won't receive light anyway.

Just an FYI the branches will stay flexible for a couple of weeks. Most people seem to let them grow up some and then bend them down. Once you lay them down it changes how they want to grow. Also if your going for a scrog your trying to grow a cola out of each node. Your plants have such a huge light on them your nodes look like they are probably right on top of eachother, you might do better to raise it a bit more and try and get some room between them or the buds growing up out of your current branches are going to be on top of eachother :thumb:

So this is the best picture I could get of what i'm talking about. All these branches coming up off the main would of just been nodes on the cola if I didn't lst them so early. Instead it's its own branch that will turn into a smaller cola, which is the whole point to a scrog. You just dont want to spread it to early because once you do it will do anything it can to keep growing twards the light. At this point you still want to be either topping to make more branches or growing some branches out so that you can then flatten them and let the nodes turn to branches and grow vertical.

Its hard to see but you can kind of tell I cut at least half of them off there was just branches everywhere!
IMAG10539.jpg

This is what that same plant looked like when I flipped her. You can see she already has a bunch of tops along each flattened branch.
IMAG09137.jpg

One week of flowering completed, amazonia on right
IMAG09488.jpg

Two weeks completed bassicly done stretching, amazonia on left
IMAG09618.jpg

Not trying to tell you how to train your plants just trying to show you what effect different things do at different times :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom