Dkellz86 Super Soil Top LED Mars 2 1200W - 4x4 Tent - Cookies & Cream - Blue Lavender

Re: DKELLZ86 Super Soil Top LED Mars 2 1200w - 4x4 tent Cookies & Cream and Blue Lave

I just read back a couple pages. You might want to lay off feeding for a while too. They shouldn't need much if any ferts that young esp if your soil is good. At least there young you should recover np since you found it early and there not flowering yet :thumb:

Re: DKELLZ86 Super Soil Top LED Mars 2 1200w - 4x4 tent Cookies & Cream and Blue Lave

I watered on the 15th at about 9pm. I used a very diluted tea they seemed to respond very well to it but I will lay off for a bit. My soil is 2 parts happy frog 1 part promix hp with perlite. So it's pretty light. I'll back off on watering and when I do not water so much and try the Epsom salt. Thanks again. I'll post pics after the next water

I watered on the 14th at about 9pm. I used a very diluted tea they seemed to respond very well to it but I will lay off for a bit. My soil is 2 parts happy frog 1 part promix hp with perlite. So it's pretty light. I'll back off on watering and when I do not water so much and try the Epsom salt. Thanks again. I'll post pics after the next water

Lights just came on they are looking super unhappy. I found a bunch of roots poking out of the bottom already. Nice and furry white roots. The pots they are in are starting to feel a bit light. I'll wait it out. They shouldn't need water quite yet. Maybe they are going thru stress from being topped?

How big are those pots, they haven't been in them long but if you have roots coming out the bottoms its possible they could be ready for something bigger. That happened to me last grow and I thought there was no way I needed to up pot yet and was having similar problems. One look and doc was like you need to repot and sure enough thats what was wrong.

I any event IMO something has your roots unhappy. If they were mine I would flip one upside down and CAREFULLY slide the pot off and take a look at whats going on. Should at least give you an idea of how healthy the rest of the roots are and if they are starting to get bound.

I don't think its from them being topped esp not the rusty spot.

Also I highly recommend getting some kind of root builder / fabric / or air pots. Its so much harder to over water with them and you have a much more distributed root system that is healthier and harder to eff up. :thumb:

20141016_225925.jpg
20141016_225929.jpg
20141016_225935.jpg

I would yup. 3 gal fabric or any kind of root building pots would be great. Make sure you put a cut up at least a couple sides of roots that are all spun up at the bottom so they can grow out into the new container and not continue to grow around themselves. Its so easy to "over water" without really even over watering once the majority of your roots end up around the bottom of a conventional pot like that. The water likes to get trapped down there and the majority of your root mass is soaking in water / ferts longer then they should be. I think once you repot they will take off and you should be good to go :thumb:

I should ask before you repot to a mid size when do u plan on flipping?

Yeah I have super roots air pots. I was going to go with fabric but it sounded like you couldn't really reuse them and I hate needing to continually re-buy the same exact things and since I plan on growing for a very long time it was a no brainer. They are really easy to transplant out of too since the side unscrews and peals off you can just lift the root mass right out and put it in the new container. You wont believe the difference these things really do work as advertised. I think I could of used the root ball from my last grow to bowl with...

Glad we figured it out and glad you mentioned the roots coming out of the bottom, that was a key piece of info :thumb:

Ok I'm gonna look into those and see if they are available at the local hydro store. I'm anxious to get these ladies back on track! I hate seeing them like this.

Don't worry they will snap right back like nothing ever happened. My plushberry in my last picture was brown and almost dead after I let her go to long and dry in a tiny propagation sized air pot (don't buy these) a week ago and now it looks like nothing ever happened to it!

Any of the root builder type of pots will work it all comes down to preference or availability really. You will be much better off going into flowering now, after a couple weeks in the new pots and you should have a nice big root mass.

I cant recommend docs kit enough. It just removes all the guess work and makes growing so easy and its very affordable. My entire work load is 1 or 2 weekly foliar sprays and dropping 2ml of some juice in my water bottle each time. Then every couple weeks they get a drench which is just a few more ml of some juice along with a ml of the tea mixed in with it. :thumb:

Just catching up a bit on the thread...wondering if 24 inches may be a little close for those plants yet. I had to move my 96x3 reflector to 18 inches for my big plants. Lower and I was seeing a lot of crosshatching, spotting, calmag type issues. Plus I am supplementing heavy with calmag now.

I'd move the light to 30 inches and hit your girls with some calmag.

:peace:

20141017_091217.jpg
20141017_091223.jpg
20141017_091236.jpg
20141017_091341.jpg

Checked up on them in the middle of the night and they felt bone dry. I mixed up a 1/4 tsp Epsom salt w a gallon of dilluted water and ph'd to 6.6 and gave them a light drink. Woke up this morning and the curling has reduced significantly and they are all stretching and reaching for the light! Another thing I forgot I did a few days ago was lower the light down to 24". They were fine before I did that so I raised it up to 32". The temp at the top of the canopy was 81° at 24" so I don't see why that would make a negative impact but I changed it back just for good measure. I'm so glad they look happy now!!! I'm going to get some air pots today and transplanting. :)

Just catching up a bit on the thread...wondering if 24 inches may be a little close for those plants yet. I had to move my 96x3 reflector to 18 inches for my big plants. Lower and I was seeing a lot of crosshatching, spotting, calmag type issues. Plus I am supplementing heavy with calmag now.

I'd move the light to 30 inches and hit your girls with some calmag.

:peace:

Thanks!

Good deal I forgot all about the light height. Don't underestimate the power of that thing its a monster. I keep my small 3w reflectors at about 2' above them when they are young and they have a fraction of the power of your light. I would still get them in root building pots when you can you will be much better off in the long run.

20141017_231054.jpg
20141017_231208.jpg
20141017_231220.jpg
20141017_231231.jpg

Transplanted! Went with 3 gal root builder air pots. I literally just got done putting them in their new homes. I loosened up the roots where it was bound. Watered evenly throughout with dilluted water ph'd to 6.5. I wanted to use the super soil this run but they are still so young and I don't know if I can fit any bigger pots in my tent in order to do another transplant. The only way is if I get some males which I hope I dont! Anyways I mixed 3 parts happy frog to 1 part promix hp. Added a few cups of earthworm castings and perlite and sprinkled with dolomite lime. My humidity was low (38%) so I added a tray of water in the back and it's back up to 50%. It's 79° and I raised the light up so it is still 32" from the canopy. I'm hoping for some happy ladies in the morning :)

Back
Top Bottom