Do these buds look ready to harvest?

johnrinson

420 Member
Hey
This is my first grow. Sorry for asking what I'm sure is a common question but do these look ready for harvest? I was thinking about giving them another week, flushing with plain water during that week, and then harvesting next week. Am I being too hasty, or do they look good to go?
Thanks for your help!

IMG_5362.jpg

IMG_5361.jpg

IMG_5360.jpg

IMG_5359.jpg

IMG_5358.jpg

The time for a proper flush of your soil is 2 weeks before the end, so that you can clear your soil of all the salt buildup and allow the roots to have full uptake of water and nutes right up to the end. This is a 3x the container size of fresh water in one session, poured through the soil to clean it up.

Thinking that the word flush means that somehow at the end you are supposed to starve your plant, trying to "flush" the nutrients out of the plant, is a mistake in thinking. You can not flush a plant... all you can do is starve her of the nutrients she needs to finish out the buds in full flavor, potency and weight. If you want your plant to fully express itself, flush out the salts around mid bloom, and then feed and even give finishing nutes, right up to the end.

If I am using all natural nutrients would that possibly lower the total time to get out the salts? But I don't use a neutral soil blend like Promix.

Finally, up until three days before harvest I give my plants a liquid sugar solution. Been told I can use it up until harvest, which seems like your saying that maybe ok.

Would flushing out the salts mid bloom disrupt my mycorrhiza balance?

Thanks

If I am using all natural nutrients would that possibly lower the total time to get out the salts? But I don't use a neutral soil blend like Promix.

Finally, up until three days before harvest I give my plants a liquid sugar solution. Been told I can use it up until harvest, which seems like your saying that maybe ok.

Would flushing out the salts mid bloom disrupt my mycorrhiza balance?

Thanks
you should have no salts in an organic grow, therefore no need to flush. I think the molasses trick at the end, or your sugar, is a waste of time because that is simply food for the microbes and they are not going to get much of a boost to your plants by eating sugar at the end instead of sticking to the organic feeding cycle. If it makes you feel good and you think it sweetens your buds, by all means go for it... I don't think it hurts anything either.

Even if you were in a synthetic grow with myco growing well in your container, and with the need to flush, rest assured, a 3x the container size flush would not dislodge them... picture a tennis net like structure interweaved within the roots. As far as balancing them... don't have a clue how one would do that.

Hey @NuttyProfessor - you gave me some useful advice on this thread last week. I've taken another digital microscope photo of my trichomes. I'm struggling to tell if they're cloudy or not - maybe because the image isn't as clear as those crystal clear sharp images in your example. I wonder if you'd mind casting your eye over these and seeing if you think these are cloudy enough for harvest or still need more time? Thanks!

WIN_20201202_09_04_35_Pro.jpg

WIN_20201202_09_03_51_Pro.jpg

WIN_20201202_09_00_22_Pro.jpg

WIN_20201202_09_01_48_Pro.jpg

WIN_20201202_09_01_08_Pro.jpg

WIN_20201202_09_00_52_Pro.jpg

WIN_20201202_09_00_42_Pro.jpg

Some are some aren't. You've got up to a week to go I'd say. It's hard to wait. Are you all set for harvesting? Food for thought. Bud Washing
I tried the Bud Washing. Never again. Washed 1/2 the plant & let the other 1/2 go as usual. Bud washed buds got light & fluffy. Unwashed stayed compact & tight. Didn't notice any difference in taste or harshness between the 2.
That was my 1 & only experience with it. Some seem to like it. I think it's all in their head / Bro Science. Weed isn't a vegetable. Why treat it like one ? Just my opinion, nothing more.

I run a fairly clean operation, but even still, you should see my rinse buckets after I am finished with a 3 bucket bud wash. The first bucket especially, gets very dirty and each time it reassures me that bud washing really helps my end product. I notice that the buds get brighter looking and really look a lot better after the wash. The trick to making this work is making absolutely sure that the branches are dry before putting them in a still drying area, or the extra water in the buds will ruin them. I put my branches into an aggressive drying step of at least 24 hours in a bathroom with a fan on them, just to make certain all of the wash water has evaporated and only then hang them in my small drying tent to try to hold in some of the humidity for a slow dry.

I tried the Bud Washing. Never again. Washed 1/2 the plant & let the other 1/2 go as usual. Bud washed buds got light & fluffy. Unwashed stayed compact & tight. Didn't notice any difference in taste or harshness between the 2.
That was my 1 & only experience with it. Some seem to like it. I think it's all in their head / Bro Science. Weed isn't a vegetable. Why treat it like one ? Just my opinion, nothing more.

sorry for your experience !
In mine , it dries more evenly, HARDENS THE BUDS like rocks after a proper cure, and spiders, ( ripens) the trics. Not to mention the debris and pests that get eliminated ..just check out your fan blades to see what kind of crap comes off.
Bud washing should be standard practice... not ‘bro science ‘ .

I run a fairly clean operation, but even still, you should see my rinse buckets after I am finished with a 3 bucket bud wash. The first bucket especially, gets very dirty and each time it reassures me that bud washing really helps my end product. I notice that the buds get brighter looking and really look a lot better after the wash. The trick to making this work is making absolutely sure that the branches are dry before putting them in a still drying area, or the extra water in the buds will ruin them. I put my branches into an aggressive drying step of at least 24 hours in a bathroom with a fan on them, just to make certain all of the wash water has evaporated and only then hang them in my small drying tent to try to hold in some of the humidity for a slow dry.
Hi. I’ve never had an issue and I just wash and then hang the whole branch. After a couple of days I start to break them up into smaller chunks. What issues do you get with the buds?

Back
Top Bottom