Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey Doc what results did you get from your tray "B" with the cationic drench, will you be incorporating it into your kit soon ? I am very interested in the cationic drench and how it is working for you. What are your thoughts on when to use it etc. etc
Thanks

Hey Doc what results did you get from your tray "B" with the cationic drench, will you be incorporating it into your kit soon ? I am very interested in the cationic drench and how it is working for you. What are your thoughts on when to use it etc. etc
Thanks

Well, I used it at the onset of bloom with some Lemon Paki last time. The yield was reduced by 30% or so....but the quality of the buds was the best ever.

This time, I used the drench in week 4. Yield is way, way up.....probably double what I had last run. Resin and terpene production seems increased as well.

I'm going to include it in a few kits with growers that are on the advanced side and we'll see how it works for them.

As of right now, I use it in week 4 for Lemon Paki, Cherry Pie and Platinum OG. I don't know how the Jacks' will respond, or the Lemon Thai.

This is all very new territory.

Hello Doc,

Long time lurker first time poster here. Huge fan of your work and all you’ve done in a relatively short period of time. I’ve enjoyed reading your journals and witnessing your evolution. Thanks for all the info you’ve posted!

I’ve been growing legally in Michigan for the last two years and would like to use your kit so could you please pm me?

Also I have a decent size outdoor garden for general veggies… tomato, peppers, asparagus, stawberries ect…
Didn’t make it this year but would the lab be able to give me a soil report and recommendations for a general garden like I have? If so when would you recommend I send a sample to them and how many of the seven test would you recommend.

Thanks a ton!

Hello Doc,

Long time lurker first time poster here. Huge fan of your work and all you’ve done in a relatively short period of time. I’ve enjoyed reading your journals and witnessing your evolution. Thanks for all the info you’ve posted!

I’ve been growing legally in Michigan for the last two years and would like to use your kit so could you please pm me?

Also I have a decent size outdoor garden for general veggies… tomato, peppers, asparagus, stawberries ect…
Didn’t make it this year but would the lab be able to give me a soil report and recommendations for a general garden like I have? If so when would you recommend I send a sample to them and how many of the seven test would you recommend.

Thanks a ton!

Welcome! I'm honored that your first post is in my journal!

All the techniques I'm using are adapted from market gardens.....small gardens growing very high-end, elite vegetables for really nice restaurants.

You can send in a soil sample and they'll formulate your broadcast and give you a feeding schedule. I'd do the tests in red the first time....and let them recommend the tests you need next year.

Email me at: membership@cannapharms.com for the kit. You'll love it.

also i have a link to a nice website that i think you might find interesting i inquired to this company and they suggested some products for medical cannabis here is a copy of the email i recievedThank you for your enquiry received through our web site.

With regards to a point of supply, we regret that we don't have an active distributor based in the USA at this time, however, we do run a global supply programme from Australia, exporting to some 40 countries around the world including the USA. We supply product from small mail parcels all the way through to full shipping container loads. No order is too small or too difficult to send out.

As far as medicinal marijuana is concerned, we would suggest that good results could be obtained with K-Carb-35 (cannabis is very potassium hungry), coupled with Trio (Ca, Mg, B) and Shuttle Seven for trace elements.
Nutri-Tech Solutions - Biological Farming, Biological Agriculture, Organic Farming, Humates, Organic Fertilisers, Liquid Fertilisers, Soil Health, Fertilisers, Biodynamic Farming, Organic Agriculture, Organic Products

@Doc was wondering if you looked at the above website and if you had any thoughts on the products they suggested as well

@doc was wondering if you looked at the above website and if you had any thoughts on the products they suggested as well

Way too much potassium for high brix on those products. Probably get a good yield.

Try the high brix weed and you won't care too much about yield.

Here's an update:

Ah....Sativa heaven. A whole tray full of Jack H. and Lemon Thai. The Lemon Thai is from seed....and I can't wait to get back into growing from seed. I'll be adding some exotics next run....if everything goes right.

Picture_02168.jpg
Picture_007143.jpg
Picture_006160.jpg
Picture_005173.jpg
Picture_003189.jpg
Picture_002188.jpg
Picture_001191.jpg

Near Harvest time: 2 weeks approximately.
Picture_02654.jpg
Picture_02749.jpg
Picture_02849.jpg
Picture_03047.jpg
Picture_03349.jpg
Picture_03146.jpg
Picture_008131.jpg
Picture_009128.jpg
Picture_010127.jpg
Picture_011114.jpg
Picture_012114.jpg
Picture_013104.jpg
Picture_014105.jpg
Picture_01590.jpg
Picture_01877.jpg
Picture_01770.jpg
Picture_01670.jpg
Picture_02075.jpg

Stunning pics Sir,
The cationic drench was done only once during flowering ?
Did you still foliage spray them during the drench or wait a week ?
Was bloomit used during that drench ?
Thanks

Stunning pics Sir,
The cationic drench was done only once during flowering ?
Did you still foliage spray them during the drench or wait a week ?
Was bloomit used during that drench ?
Thanks

This particular run got the cationic drench in week 4. Both times I watered in that time frame they got the drench.
No Bloomit this time.
I foliar feed weekly, rain or shine.

Hi doc got a quick question for you.

My next grow is gunna be a bit short on time so I'm not gunna have time soil test and such.
So instead I'm gunna do a 12/12 oc+ grow. I know it's not ground breaking but it's quick and reliable

I was going to mix peat, worm castings, oc+. I've got some 97% calcium carbonate, gypsum and srp will I still benefit from this with oc+ and could I water with plain water or Shuld I use natures own. Oh and can you remember your ratio you used.

Thank
Smooth

Hi doc got a quick question for you.

My next grow is gunna be a bit short on time so I'm not gunna have time soil test and such.
So instead I'm gunna do a 12/12 oc+ grow. I know it's not ground breaking but it's quick and reliable

I was going to mix peat, worm castings, oc+. I've got some 97% calcium carbonate, gypsum and srp will I still benefit from this with oc+ and could I water with plain water or Shuld I use natures own. Oh and can you remember your ratio you used.

Thank
Smooth

You've got a nice recipe there. What's your base soil? If only peat, I'd add some forest humus to that and definitely some Azomite.

If you're using that, or a potting soil, like Fox Farms, I'd add 1.5 to 2 tbsp of OC+ per gallon of soil. You can always add more later if needed.

6 scoops of Limestone (If finely powdered go by weight, not volume)
5 scoops of Soft Rock Phosphate
3 scoops of gypsum.

Use 1/4 cup per 5 gallons of soil. If you can top dress it and water it in 2 or 3 times before you plant, that would be OK. You really should give the minerals time to do their thing in the soil. 2 weeks in the pots, watered is OK Cooking the soil is preferable, of course.

Definitely use a root innoculate like Extreme's Mykos or BioVam. The latter comes with Nature's Own tea....same folks.

I highly recommend the Nature's own for a grow like yours. You'll be very happy using it sparingly. It's damn strong stuff.

So, today was one of those days where everything goes really well in a surprising way. In the grow room, not much is happening. Everyone got a monsoon like flush and foliar feed today. Temp's about 77, rh up to 80 at one point.

I watered in some amendment and some epsom salts. The amendment is very high in calcium and needs just a bit of Mg to keep the ratio's in spec.

Things are getting frosty, buds are swelling. Ho hum.

----------------------------------------------------------------

So, I thought I'd talk a little bit about growing philosophy. Think of this as a long bullshit post....or maybe not. Depending on how this goes, this might be the last time I ever try this!

I submit that weed, wine, tobacco and other "vice" crops that only have value because they make people happy; I say that people who are attracted to growing these crops tend to be artistic, entrepreneurial and slightly anti-social.....in a good sort of way.

I'm going to create a subgroup of growers and stereotype them as "artistic" growers. They are intuitive, are drawn to canopies, pretty plants, good smells, pretty buds, etc. The best of the artisans are growing the top shelf stuff at the local.

Now, I'm going to create a second subgroup of growers and call them "commercial" growers. These are the guys who have 30 or more lights or large outdoor grows in Norcal....often times both. These guys think in terms of pounds, not ounces. They want methods that are adapted for mass production and consistent quality, along with a heavy yield. A well run hydroponics operation fits the bill here. These growers are dependent on science....even if they don't understand it on a scientific level....in that they must follow a feeding schedule at first and then fine tune it to their strains.

Commercial growers during the modern era of prohibition are going to advance in their growing skills by changing nutrient brands and hopefully getting a new and better program as they become available.

On the other hand, the artisans are willing to try soil recipes and all sorts of interesting things. They focus more on tradition and anecdote.....not the hard science of hydroponics....and every now and then they get it right. A guy the next town over comes across a perfect soil mix for a certain strain and knocks it out of the park. But no one else can quite duplicate it.....

So, we have a problem When prohibition ends, today's commercial growers are going to get squashed by agribusiness. Metric ton will be a term you might hear, and perhaps "bale."

The artisans will still be doing their gardens and tinkering. Some will do it extremely well, others will have some fluffy homegrown.....but their growing lives won't be effected like the commercial grower.

High Brix, in my opinion, fits into the post-prohibition equation in a very sensible and potentially important way: It brings extremely high quality product into the realm of commercial agriculture. If I can produce the same same per acre as RJ Reynold, but have double the brix, better flavor, cleaner, stronger effect......I have an advantage!

Remember, these products have no value apart from making people happy. Higher quality=value.

So I envision a loose-knit "school" of growers looking at things this way, practicing our chops before it changes. Sort of like the beat poets did.....except with growing and quality assessment taking the place of crazy people ranting poetry and banging on drums. Or something like that.

Sort of like a fraternity without the vomit and STD's.

So, today was one of those days where everything goes really well in a surprising way. In the grow room, not much is happening. Everyone got a monsoon like flush and foliar feed today. Temp's about 77, rh up to 80 at one point.

I watered in some amendment and some epsom salts. The amendment is very high in calcium and needs just a bit of Mg to keep the ratio's in spec.

Things are getting frosty, buds are swelling. Ho hum.

----------------------------------------------------------------

So, I thought I'd talk a little bit about growing philosophy. Think of this as a long bullshit post....or maybe not. Depending on how this goes, this might be the last time I ever try this!

I submit that weed, wine, tobacco and other "vice" crops that only have value because they make people happy; I say that people who are attracted to growing these crops tend to be artistic, entrepreneurial and slightly anti-social.....in a good sort of way.

I'm going to create a subgroup of growers and stereotype them as "artistic" growers. They are intuitive, are drawn to canopies, pretty plants, good smells, pretty buds, etc. The best of the artisans are growing the top shelf stuff at the local.

Now, I'm going to create a second subgroup of growers and call them "commercial" growers. These are the guys who have 30 or more lights or large outdoor grows in Norcal....often times both. These guys think in terms of pounds, not ounces. They want methods that are adapted for mass production and consistent quality, along with a heavy yield. A well run hydroponics operation fits the bill here. These growers are dependent on science....even if they don't understand it on a scientific level....in that they must follow a feeding schedule at first and then fine tune it to their strains.

Commercial growers during the modern era of prohibition are going to advance in their growing skills by changing nutrient brands and hopefully getting a new and better program as they become available.

On the other hand, the artisans are willing to try soil recipes and all sorts of interesting things. They focus more on tradition and anecdote.....not the hard science of hydroponics....and every now and then they get it right. A guy the next town over comes across a perfect soil mix for a certain strain and knocks it out of the park. But no one else can quite duplicate it.....

So, we have a problem When prohibition ends, today's commercial growers are going to get squashed by agribusiness. Metric ton will be a term you might hear, and perhaps "bale."

The artisans will still be doing their gardens and tinkering. Some will do it extremely well, others will have some fluffy homegrown.....but their growing lives won't be effected like the commercial grower.

High Brix, in my opinion, fits into the post-prohibition equation in a very sensible and potentially important way: It brings extremely high quality product into the realm of commercial agriculture. If I can produce the same same per acre as RJ Reynold, but have double the brix, better flavor, cleaner, stronger effect......I have an advantage!

Remember, these products have no value apart from making people happy. Higher quality=value.

So I envision a loose-knit "school" of growers looking at things this way, practicing our chops before it changes. Sort of like the beat poets did.....except with growing and quality assessment taking the place of crazy people ranting poetry and banging on drums. Or something like that.

Sort of like a fraternity without the vomit and STD's.

:bravo:I hereby submit my Application for Admission to the "School of Hard Nugs".

Doc. The more you write, the more I like to read what you write. Thank you for you thoughts on this industry. It's funny you wrote this because I started in this to make extra money and I have broke even with what I have invested. Now that's happened I have chose to pursue the highest quality weed I can grow. Something that will make someone remember me. (They already do though). High brix is exciting and I see it always filling a conneseur nitch in this changing market.

More posts like this Doc. I like the introspective stuff.

You certainly can be that guy.....and I think it would be pretty dang cool. I am sooooo envious of the wine makers around here...

Hell yeah! I like the wine makers here too. Really cool group of good growers around here. I like how we all jump in to help each other out. I wish I had more time to jump on here but I'm tied up with medical problems and I took on a large 60 plant outdoor grow. I have had the plants going since Late January. Still in 2gal bags with nice tight root balls and about 4ft tall now. They are gonna be BIG I hope......

Back
Top Bottom