Doggett & Simpson Step 2 Veg Nutes

I sat down this morning thinking bout nutes. On autoflowers I use veg nutes start to finish cus of the high nitrogen. Well Growology 2 and 3 both have plenty nitrogen so I will use #3 to flower my autos this grow. Plants are already flushed from a week of rain so why not....
I will be updating in Growology #3 thread.

We haven't had a great deal of experience yet with the auto flowerers, WR, so we're looking forward to your impressions. I think #3 will be great for them.

I'm starting my first grow this weekend on my patio and was wondering if I should use all steps or just step 2 and 3 on my fem. autoflower (easy ryder ) ? I'm using black gold cocoblend potting soil

Definitely use all three steps steps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

John

That mix has nutes in it already I am curious what growology thinks

Thanks a lot for calling my attention to that, WR - I just took a closer look, and while it doesn't have NPK nutes added to it, the worm products are going to make it pretty rich. Wrek0ne, you'd be better off going with a basic soil or soilless mix like ProMix. If you must use this one, you're going to have to watch for overfeeding, but another choice would be more foolproof.

It's only the worm castings that could make that a bit rich, W1. Depends how much is in there. Something like ProMix would be a better choice - anything more basic, really.

Can't find pro mix here , and I'm on a budget . I'm just gonna use 1/4 strength or less. Today I'm drop my seedling in a plastic container with step 1. Should I cover it up with plastic and put it in the dark or leaving it open is fine ?

Can't find pro mix here , and I'm on a budget . I'm just gonna use 1/4 strength or less. Today I'm drop my seedling in a plastic container with step 1. Should I cover it up with plastic and put it in the dark or leaving it open is fine ?

When you soak seeds I dunno if it is a good idea to use step 1 for that , interested in what growology thinks of that as well lol what you think John?

I meant with a medium and step 1

ahhh ok , if you dry mix it in the active top layer of medium 10cm-20cm and water gently I am darn sure for fact you can drop seed right in there and prolly have awesome benefit and results just keep soil moist. GL eh! Keep us posted sharing is caring. :circle-of-love:

I cannot say exactly why but I feel like maybe Auto's could benefit from its own nute mix from D&S. Because the current thinking is that autos do not like to be transplanted so start them in whatever final pot you plan on using, maybe a different step 1. Just throwing out an idea

You can use Step 1 that way no problem - you would just mix however much the pot size called for. The mycorrhizae would be there in the medium to come into contact with the roots as the plant grows and the root system spreads.

This is why I will never skip step 1. I am sure step one had a hand in boosting my plant's immune systems and made them far more resilient because these plants were frozen solid and not a single one died from it other than the one that had broken roots but it is still alive just stalled out.

Have a peek , oh and the Romulan the only regular I have just sexed female from the stress , this is interesting gonna see if it reveg's after a week or so before feeding it.

IMAG4978.jpg
IMAG4979.jpg
IMAG4980.jpg
IMAG4981.jpg
IMAG4982.jpg
IMAG4984.jpg
IMAG4985.jpg
IMAG4986.jpg
IMAG4987.jpg
IMAG4988.jpg
IMAG4989.jpg
IMAG4990.jpg
IMAG4991.jpg
IMAG4992.jpg
IMAG4993.jpg
IMAG4994.jpg
IMAG4995.jpg
IMAG4996.jpg
IMAG4997.jpg
IMAG4998.jpg
IMAG4999.jpg

Here you go guys , my sig is now there. Right now I'm on day 5 with my critical and day 2 with my easy ryder which hasn't sprouted yet .

I saw yer Easy Rider sprouted , my advice is prep the forever home with step 1 and watch the magic happen <3 lil trick with autos is to plant in last pot first they hate transplants...

Back
Top Bottom