Doggett & Simpson Step 1

Hi WildRosebud :ciao:

Have you had any mushroom issues with your stage 1? :confused:

Every plant, cannabis or otherwise, that i have used the stage 1 on eventually has an explosion of mushrooms in the container. Usually about 2 months in. I originally thought it was a soil issue, but ive got 3 different types of soil that I mixed with the stage 1 and all of them produce the caps.

It has not affected my Cannabis in any negative way that I can tell. But I was wondering if anyone else had similar issues. Thanks. :)

Funny you should ask and I hear ya on the concern. Even using recycled soil no mycelium (sp??) occured in the soil. However the soil I recycled that sat out in the open did have spores blowing mycelium (sp??) at certain depth in the pots. I removed those spots by hand and did a visual inspection of the remaining soil. Some plants I started I used that soil and no problems what so ever after I introduced Growology #1. Keep in mind and I almost forgot to mention I did a lite soil coverage with SNS Fungicide spray a day before I watered them that might have prevented a issue or so I hope lol..... I hope I made sense Spimp! :Namaste:

Oh and Spimp , one year when I purchased soils at Walmart I got a bag of potting soil that was in a pile with Mushroom soil beside it and have had issues with little mushrooms or mycelium making the scene and they killed my plants.... I think some how the mushroom choire contaminated my potting soil.....

I'm curious about this Spimp, although as you say, I don't think they would have any negative impact at all on your plants. But I'm just thinking about what could be behind it. Do you live in a place with a greater-than-average abundance of mushrooms, which could put a lot of spores into the air? Next to a pasture or in damp woods, for example?

I live in a somewhat urban environment, and even have had the issue in the dead of winter (sub 40 degrees) Ironically, the indoor MJ plants have much higher propencity for the mushrooms. My outdoor container garden has a few here and there but not as often/much as the MJ. I have several pics from past grows of the mushrooms and they are always the same 'type'. I think this is because of the Sun killing them much quicker than my cfl's because i have seen spores and dead stalks outside where inside they last as long as 2 days before the die.

I do want to make sure and specify that other than having some spores to wipe off a lower leaf or container, The mushrooms have caused no ill effect on the MJ that I can tell.
And that both my MJ roots and my outdoor gardens have improved quite a bit with the use of this product. (you can thank me later Growology :rofl:)

Yes sir. Heres one of how they start. and the Second is the most I have ever had at one time. Thats when i learned to get rid of the old caps before the spores went everywhere. :)
IMAG04839.jpg

IMAG06126.jpg

WildRosebud has me convinced, I am going to buy enough to do 5 plants. I already bought the starter kit but I want to do a full run. I am currently doing a grow using Icemud high brix soil/teas/foliar and it is going great so will do it after this grow. I will also be using Docs high brix kit which many people seem to love. I like knowing how to build my own soils and teas but once I do, I would like to use an easy premade product.

Yes sir. Heres one of how they start. and the Second is the most I have ever had at one time. Thats when i learned to get rid of the old caps before the spores went everywhere. :)
IMAG04839.jpg

IMAG06126.jpg

That is amazing.... That soil is definitely hooped from bein mushroom free but just wow they get along with cannabis just fine it seems! This pics are definitely worth something in show off aspect :)

after mixing step 1 in your medium DRY and inserting your seedling do you recommend to lightly spray/wet the top of the soil where the seedling is at ?

as long as the soil is moistened enough that should not be a problem , it works great planting as you normally would

after mixing step 1 in your medium DRY and inserting your seedling do you recommend to lightly spray/wet the top of the soil where the seedling is at ?

Sure if the medium is dry to begin with, but not if there's already enough moisture there. Just water like you normally would.

That is amazing.... That soil is definitely hooped from bein mushroom free but just wow they get along with cannabis just fine it seems! This pics are definitely worth something in show off aspect :)

That is the damnedest thing - never seen it before! It does make a great shot - two drastically different organisms growing out of the same medium, one feeding on decay, one making food from light...pretty amazing when you think about it!

Thanks, one more question do you recommend germaniting before hand or can I just drop the seed in the soul and let step one do the work ?

Most cannabis cultivators germ seeds before sowing but I have had a lot of luck putting seeds directly in the soil just usually takes longer. If you have a limited amount of seeds I would strongly suggest using a simple germination method first.

Back
Top Bottom