DrDoob's Continuous Carousel Of Cannabis: Hempy, MarsHydro, GROWant, Rx Green

Got a few shots for an update.
The kit plants are stretching nicely. Doing very well it seems.

The clones all seem to be alive and well. Lots have roots already.

The veg variety pack is equally as healthy. I’m loving MegaCrop for veg! That Black Cherry Punch in the back is dwarfing everyone else. The little Malawi seems to have caught back up. No real for sure signs of sex yet on the regulars, but I think both Malawis are female and the EarthDay is male.

This tent got some new members and lost a few to harvest.

Speaking of harvest.

Thanks for reading!
:passitleft:

Drive by. Congrats on the harvest..

Just my little 2 cents,, you know what I do in the cloner? I wrote numbers with a marker on each hole, then I use a small dry erase board with a number row written in permanent marker,, then write with the dry erase markers and label what I have growing in each clone spot? Makes it easier to label and no mistakes later.

GL and gardens look great Keepem Green

Drive by. Congrats on the harvest..

Just my little 2 cents,, you know what I do in the cloner? I wrote numbers with a marker on each hole, then I use a small dry erase board with a number row written in permanent marker,, then write with the dry erase markers and label what I have growing in each clone spot? Makes it easier to label and no mistakes later.

GL and gardens look great Keepem Green
Thanks! Great idea with the dry erase board, I’m going to get one. Lol I’m actually proud of myself for labeling these as well as I did. Last time I didn’t label at all and completely lost track until they flowered.

Got the three harvested plants all jar’d up.

Patio OG: 58 grams
Unknown OG: 57 grams
Unknown OG: 50 grams

The goal was two oz per plant so not too bad. The other three left that’re about ready for harvest look bigger. These three were a bit immature but I was running out of room and smokeables.
6313CF22-3351-4180-8C20-0D3159335A27.jpeg
B475233E-0324-4E8E-BE78-D3CBF04D819C.jpeg

Congrats on the decent yields from your first basement harvest Doob! :high-five: I shoot for two ounces in the hempies too, looking for reliable ways to consistently pull more than three. Lol!

Glad I am that I stopped in my way to bed. It’s always a joy to see all those tents at work. :hug::hug:

Goodnight moon. :love:

I was wondering if you find the buzz any different, having taken the plants a little earlier than you anticipated?

Haven’t tried it yet. Waiting for a bit of a cure. I left a lot of the lower buds growing on the plants and have one more Patio clone still going so I’ll be able to compare early and late harvests.

Ahhh.... a man of purpose and planning. You know, you’ve become my favorite detail man. In these halls that’s a high standard. :hug:

Oh, thanks..... :passitleft:

So... I'd like to step back from your garden(s) for a moment and ask broader scope questions.
You've been running under the smaller panels for a while. You have the big ones up and running.
Whaddya think of them compared to your previous configuration? Feel free to wax on endlessly about meaningless nuances and whatnot.... I'm trying to get a feel for your general impression of them as a whole. Open your skull and let the contents spill baby!

It’s hard to quantify since I’ve made so many other upgrades.

The light spread seems a lot better with the QBs, it’s very hard to make shadows.

I think the 430w with the light rail is working about the same as the 520w kit/home built just with less heat.

Heat is more of an issue than I thought it was going to be. Although they “run cool” it’s not really cool enough. I’ve got a plan to vent to the other room, I’ve just got to wait on my dad to finish two other projects first which often takes months and months. The whole basement is a lot (10-20°) cooler than the garage you saw, so I’m not sure if they run cooler than the others.

All my plants I’ve grown under the QBs are clones I also grew under the various Mars and GrowAnts and it really seems like QBs cause weakend stems cause all my nugs need to be tied up where before only the biggest did. :rofl:

The light penetration is amazing my lower nugs are a lot bigger and tighter than before.

Not sure how much the QBs increased yield due to switching so many other things but my overall yield is for sure better.

I’d have so say they are fricken awesome I’m very happy with them. My electric bill isn’t. Basically my solar system is powering the grow and nothing else. I really need to slim back once I get a stockpile going.

Venting will always help of course. I'd try to find a way to speed that project along. You folks don't see much below 75f for the winter, so you'll still need it and your humidity might be on the rise for you all as well.

The high wattage panels do pump heat out the sinks. I blow a fan over the backside/fin side and then run AC directly inside that space, so it's actually less of an issue for me. I've been seeing daytime peaks up to 80f and lows around 68f in the bloom room with the 600w running at about 500w. When I bump them up to full, the heat takes a pretty big bump up, and we're just now dropping out of the 90f's.
It would be super easy to enclose a say... 4 inch deep box around the back of the fins and blow air thru there and vent it directly out. The front/lit side of the panels are much less heat radiant than the aluminum backs (by design of course... heat SINK), so enclosing and venting those would seem good and fairly easy. I'd leave the intake open and suck the moist air directly out of the garden while I was at it.

My electric bill isn’t. Basically my solar system is powering the grow and nothing else. I really need to slim back once I get a stockpile going.

HA!
How many watts have you added?

Maybe some kind of soffit ceiling would work best for you? An enclosure seems like a lot of work for a lazy (your recent activities have me rethinking that lazy part) gardner.

I’m running 1420(ish) wall watts for 12 hours than 420(ish) for 12. My solar panels get super dirty fast from the stupid airplane dust, I think my lack of cleaning them is causing them to be less efficient.

Back
Top Bottom