Dumpy's First 1000 Watt Soil Grow

Thanks for your thought Abberation. I will not become complacent in regards to detecting a male. It does get me thinking about the extremely low pollen count. My home is R-2000 rated with a hepa ERV. There is also a carbon/hepa filtration system installed on our furnace in addition to the furnace filter. The air in this home is as clean as it gets. Perhaps the lack of natural pollens caused the plant to hermie? Not saying there are no pollens because pollen will enter on our clothes, but very little.

I have read that the feminized seed is somewhat more prone to turn male. The perfect scenario is to grow 10 regular seed and take 10 clones from each. Throw the original 10 into flower and destroy the males and their clones, leaving you with approx 50 stable females.

My question is will a seed from a feminized plant that has turned herman be more likely to turn herman than the original feminized seed?

DSCF05791.JPG
DSCF05761.JPG
DSCF05782.JPG
DSCF05752.JPG
DSCF05742.JPG
DSCF05771.JPG

Hey Sundvr420, :welcome: , The growing medium is ProMix BX and HP. To start them I used the BX and when I transplanted them I used HP. No reason for the change, it's just what the shop I use had that day. The ProMix growing medium is nice because you need not worry about PH and air at the roots. It just happens. I still ph the water though.

Nutes:

Dutch Nutrient Formula Grow A+B
Dutch Nutrient Formula Bloom A+B
Pro Silicate
Organicare Seaplex
Triptonic B1
Root Excelurator
Amino Acid
Multi Zen
Bud Candy
Clear

Lotsa chemistry. I'll take a pic of the feeding schedule for you as well. Works for both soil/soilless and hydro.

DSCF05731.JPG

Thats the nutrient schedule I've been following brodda.

Thanks Broddas. They seem to be sucking up alot of water these days. There are seven plants and they seem to be processing 60 litres or 15 gallons of liquid every week. There will be plenty of room next time as well. The new tent seems to have tons of room. Had the 2 tonne split A/C unit installed yesterday. Takes it about 3 minutes for the tent to become a fridge. Bought a Danby dehumidifier yesterday as well. Should help keep humidity under control this summer. It seems like a lot of work to getting things together. Thinking of getting a reverse osmosis water filter and filtering the water to a reservoir thats approximately 20 gallons so it will be available as i need it. I might be over thinking this, but I just don't want alot of unchlorinated water sitting.

Thanks Broddas. They seem to be sucking up alot of water these days. There are seven plants and they seem to be processing 60 litres or 15 gallons of liquid every week. There will be plenty of room next time as well. The new tent seems to have tons of room. Had the 2 tonne split A/C unit installed yesterday. Takes it about 3 minutes for the tent to become a fridge. Bought a Danby dehumidifier yesterday as well. Should help keep humidity under control this summer. It seems like a lot of work to getting things together. Thinking of getting a reverse osmosis water filter and filtering the water to a reservoir thats approximately 20 gallons so it will be available as i need it. I might be over thinking this, but I just don't want alot of unchlorinated water sitting.

No such thing as over thinking, just half assing and that aint your style brother.

Sounds like the next experiment is going to be legendary :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom