Dusted Bud Genetics In High Brix Grown By BrixNewb

Ok guys, officially back up and running with Dusted Bud! This is actually my first non-tester from Dusted Bud, this is an actual strain that was released and sold. Slime Cookies. They are wee seedlings at this time, but I will get some pictures sooner or later. Always excited to try new stuff from Dusted Bud as it has consistently produced top quality bud.

Alright! Here it is, S.Lime Cookies is the next Dusted Bud strain that I have coming down the pipeline. This is a cross of Limelight and Milk n Cookies. Very excited for this because my last Dusted Bud strain was a MnK cross and it was some amazing sativa that finished fast, gave the user mental clarity, and the motivation to get stuff done.

S.Lime Cookies #1

DSC_0001121.JPG

S.Lime Cookies #2

DSC_0002151.JPG

Dusted Bud really has me interested to step away from the big name breeders and explore the smaller guys. I will have to put that on hold though because my next foray will be into the CBD world. Exciting times around the corner.

Hey guys, the S.Lime Cookie plants are growing, doing alright, looking a bit lime green, but doing their thing. Life has been a little hectic lately, but the garden is still doing as well as ever.

I upcanned one of the S.Lime Cookie girls today. She is super yellow, pulled her from her Solo sized pot and her roots were outrageous! Best roots I have gotten so far. I think she is going to like the energized new soil and should take off.

So I upcanned both the S.Lime Cookie plants to one gallon pots, no known sex yet. When I pulled them out of their Solo sized pots, the roots on these things were the best I had ever seen. Not sure if it's genetics or my watering and letting them stay in smaller pots longer, but I am excited for these girls.

So I upcanned both the S.Lime Cookie plants to one gallon pots, no known sex yet. When I pulled them out of their Solo sized pots, the roots on these things were the best I had ever seen. Not sure if it's genetics or my watering and letting them stay in smaller pots longer, but I am excited for these girls.

Hey BrixN:

Even amazing genetics can get their roots wasted by poor gardening technique. So those nice roots are due to your cultivation efforts. Nice job! :thumb:

Good roots produce good flowers. That's where you're headed. :blushsmile:

So the S.Lime Cookies girl is now in bloom and she is stretching like crazy! I am so far keeping her under control, nothing too crazy, just want to avoid raising the light and the other plants. Not much to report at this point. Thanks for stopping in.

Hey guys, finally was able to get online. The garden has some Dusted Bud love going, have a S.Lime Cookies girl in bloom, she is pretty stretchy but looking good for the most part. Then I have a clone of her in veg. Beyond that I have one Ultradog plant in bloom but that's it. Was having some trouble with my soil so I ordered up two kits and have the soil cooking and will be ordering another kit soon. The grow space will be relocated within the next couple weeks which will afford me approximately double the grow space. I am super excited.

Tead was kind enough to provide a plethora of clones to help me get past this rough patch. Very appreciative for that as the garden will soon be back to normal with some great genetics that he so selflessly gave. We also had a good time hanging out, but that's becoming a regular thing these days.

Alright, so a bit of good news, a bit of bad news. Bad news is that I have some spider mites living in the current grow. I am hitting them with the Neem and hoping for the best. On the good side of things, I only have 3 plants total going right now.

In other news I was able to get the 4'x8' tent assembled today, man is this thing huge! Super excited to have the much needed room! I normally only have one strain at a time due to constraints but this should allow me the freedom I need! I have to get some more things for the grow room tomorrow before I can get everything hung, but I am super stoked for the new space.

Take some string and hang it from a sticky trap. Lay the strings at the top of your buds. Mites climb as high as they can go. They will climb right up onto the sticky trap.

I thought of this a long time ago when I had some mites. When I hung the plants they would always crawl up and onto the hanger, then up onto the ceiling.

Order some hypoaspis miles predator mites. They live in the soil and kill fungus gnat larvae and thrip larvae and also eat spider mites. Every grow should have them!

Take some string and hang it from a sticky trap. Lay the strings at the top of your buds. Mites climb as high as they can go. They will climb right up onto the sticky trap.

I thought of this a long time ago when I had some mites. When I hung the plants they would always crawl up and onto the hanger, then up onto the ceiling.

Order some hypoaspis miles predator mites. They live in the soil and kill fungus gnat larvae and thrip larvae and also eat spider mites. Every grow should have them!
That's an awesome tip

Yuk on the mites! :( We were hoping that wouldn't be an issue for you.

How did I miss you having a journal? My apologies. I'll drop in now and then, if that's ok with you.

Shiggity, I wish I'd known of that when I had them. Damn! They're scary varmints.

Thanks man, I am going to get this going once I get everything settled and chop the last two infested plants.

Yuk on the mites! :( We were hoping that wouldn't be an issue for you.

How did I miss you having a journal? My apologies. I'll drop in now and then, if that's ok with you.

Shiggity, I wish I'd known of that when I had them. Damn! They're scary varmints.

You were in on the other journal, this is a side project to showcase the great Dusted Bud Genetics that I have been enjoying.

Ok guys, so looks like the S.Lime Cookies girl that is close to harvest has the spider mites decimated with the help of Neem. She is about a week or two from harvest I would guess. All the fans are getting yellow despite a Rescue Drench a couple weeks ago. Still plenty of white pistils though, so I think she has more in her. Getting heavy and flopping over, she is a lanky girl. I also just put her clone into the flower tent, so we will see how she does, hopefully I flipped her soon enough to keep her a manageable height.

I also planted some Super Sour Lime (I think) seeds and have two seedlings with another one hopefully on the way.

The grow has really transformed in the past two weeks. I went from a 2x4 veg and 4x4 bloom to a 4x4 veg and 4x8 bloom. I got the room pretty well setup although I am swapping around the ventilation components because the 8" fan on the 4x8 was a bit too loud and I think the 6" fan will do the job just fine and be much quieter at the same CFM. Hopefully within the next few weeks things will be back to normal and I can continue with picture updates and visit everyone more often.

Back
Top Bottom