Dville Farmer - Northern Lights

Re: Dville Farmer: Northern Lights

so the room is 12ft by 12ft,

are you able to control the lights in a room that big, when you flower you will need to go 12-12 with no light leaks at all else the plants would go hermie on you. plus control temps could be an issue in a big space like that if its an open space.

you would be better constructing something to use as a grow room, you can get some of that thick black and white panda film that dont let light through then you could create a grow space using strips of wood, you wouldnt need much to create a nice sized room that was sealed off to prevent light leaks,

I am pretty sure I can control the light pretty easily and as for the temperature, it seems the extra room would help to disperse the heat. But I have been giving your post a lot of thought. I think I will go ahead and buy a grow tent. Mainly because I don't know how to separate the light from my plants that are vegging and the ones in flower. So I am looking at the ones that are roughly 8x8. But not dead seat on that size because it will eat up most of the room. But my main question is, how are the cheap grow tents on amazon? I see one that is an 8x8 for $178. I assume the price comes with its problems but what are they?

I measured my room and this size will be a better option.

Reflective Mylar 96" X 48" X 78" Hydroponics Grow Tent Hydro Box Hut Cabinet
71LxZs5ppPL_SL1500_.jpg

Great preparation Dville!

Sorry this thread as been so dormant here lately. I have received my new t5 lighting system and starting to prepare to buy a ballast so I can run an hps for flowering. And possibly run a metal halide and t5 combo for veg. I have been researching a good bit about ceramic metal halide bulbs and they seem like they are a good way to go. Since I have made up my mind with a lumatek ballast, I read the new ones run the cmh. As for the grow tent I am going with a Viagrow 4x8 for my vegging in the future. If I do stick with the t5's then the heat will be minimal and they wont be a super bright light to leak out. It does claim it does not have light leaks though. So if in the future I step up to a metal halide, my fan should be able to handle the heat.

I will post pics later but my northern lights have a lot of leaves and are standing about 2-3" tall. And are overall really healthy. My bag seed has made a great recovery and has really grown. With its inconsistent vegging period I am thinking about taking some clones off of it. But she has been through enough, I am thinking about just letting her grow normal. I have been doing some topping/fimming mix. It really seems like its helping the health of the plant

Here is another question I have been pondering. I will be transplanting here in the new future and want to go with a Geopot. First off are they as good as the reviews are? Also could I jump to my finaly pot size of 7 gallons? Or should I buy smaller ones and build my way up to them?

I personally have no experience with those pots so would be unable to comment on the quality.

As for transplanting - There is nothing wrong with going straight to final pots, especially considering your plants will already have a good strong root system and it would save you money on your pots. Alternatively if you have got the spare cash for the extra pots it may be easier to tailor water and feed schedules for the plants if they are progressively being transplanted.

Either way I can't see it making too much different to the final yield for you. If you choose to transplant into the final pots just be sure to let the soil dry out completely before watering again. It could take a while at first before the roots fill the pot.

Too much water can only hurt. I know that from my humble beginnings.

Alright guys its time to transplant. I have bought some fabric grow bags. I am going put them into 3 gallon pots and move to 5-7 gallon when its time to flower. But my questions has to deal with soil. I wanted to go with subcool soil but realized I have to cook it. I was hoping to transplant this weekend but looks like that might now happen.

But I did read when vegging you just put a portion in the bottom of the put and base soil on top of that. Would you still do that and not let it cook. Because wouldn't the soil "settle or cook" while the roots make their way down to the bottom of the pot?

Or should I put into just a base soil and while the plants veg and when its time to flower transplant them into the 7 gallon pots with the subcool soil?

your plant in your last photograph appears to be over watered. supersoil takes 2 months at between 70°-90° Fahrenheit for the microbe population to reach an acceptable level and provide nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom