Ed's Outdoor WAPPA Grow Experiment & A Question

ed the head

Greetings venerable Stoners. I am seeking some advice from our more seasoned outdoor growers. My Wappa Fem mother Wilhelmina outgrew my 2x4 tent and was moved 04/19 outside to 36.63 lat. along with a 12 inch clone. They are connected to an automatic watering device that is setup to deliver each 1 gallon of water every other day into their 20 gallon fabric pots. It surprised me that they both began flowering well before the summer solstice. Now they're both growing stress leaves of 1, 2 or 3 fingers instead of 5 or 7. They both have ample bud development but are not dense as compared to the Wappas grown under LED. In mid June we setup 3 more Wappa Clones. These have all grown normally and are now just beginning to flower. What is going on with our early girls?

07 09 2021 Wilhelmina queer leaves.jpg

07 09 2021 LilWil1VA.jpg

Thank you for your help!

Bad news / good new for the record I’m indoors guy (for now ha) but you are in the middle of a reveg.

bad news - The funky leaves are typical of photoperiod stress from reveg, first the plant just stalls fir few weeks then new growth starts out as single bladed leaves, then later 3 bladed fans will pop and will eventually revert back to 5 bladed fans then resume growing from there. But the old buds do not begin to grow again, most trim those back but you’ve got to leave enough limbs and fan leaves intact for her to draw sap and continue photosynthesis.

good news - She is now a monster cropped girl and will be a bushy beast

was moved 04/19 outside to 36.63 lat. along
On April 19th you probably had just about 13 hrs of daylight. If your plant was getting 18 hrs in the tent, that drastic change would have certainly caused the plant to go into flower. Then as the daylight hours increased toward the solstice the plant (as 013 stated above) went back into veg mode. Now that the days are shortening again, it will go back into flower soon. My outdoor plants are currently in pre-flower (pistil stigmas are visible below the bud sites) and should be flowering in the next week or two. I am located at 37.3 latitude.
They are connected to an automatic watering device that is setup to deliver each 1 gallon of water every other day into their 20 gallon fabric pots.
Just for comparison, I have my plants in 20 gallon fabric pots as well. They are each currently getting watered at 2 gallons every other day, but soon will be requiring about 3 gallons each. I also feed them with each watering.

On April 19th you probably had just about 13 hrs of daylight. If your plant was getting 18 hrs in the tent, that drastic change would have certainly caused the plant to go into flower. Then as the daylight hours increased toward the solstice the plant (as 013 stated above) went back into veg mode. Now that the days are shortening again, it will go back into flower soon. My outdoor plants are currently in pre-flower (pistil stigmas are visible below the bud sites) and should be flowering in the next week or two. I am located at 37.3 latitude.

Just for comparison, I have my plants in 20 gallon fabric pots as well. They are each currently getting watered at 2 gallons every other day, but soon will be requiring about 3 gallons each. I also feed them with each watering.
I really appreciate the diagnosis and added detail, very helpful thank you!

So, as far as nutes I imagine she goes back to veg nutes now until she starts flowering over again?

When I last visited 3 weeks ago, I noticed a deer had consumed the primary cola pair :oops: :thedoubletake: and I figured I had better cut my losses and harvest her even though she could have gone a month or longer :hmmmm:

As we can occupy the property more regularly we hope to improve in the future.

Meanwhile, 165 gram harvest of twiggy small buds into the bubble hash machine queue.

Back
Top Bottom