Ed's Mother Wappa & 1st Auto Grow

Belka Bloody Skunk Cola &* Cola Guard
04 11 2021 Belka Bloody Skunk with Cola Guard.jpg

* SAF footnote: File under heard it on NPR - the '&' symbol was formerly the 27th 'letter' in the English alphabet.
:oops: this continued through the early 18th century. Also during this time, when learning to recite the alphabet one treated letters that were also words differently. So, letters like 'A' or 'I' were recited as 'A per se A' using the Latin phrase 'per se' meaning 'by itself' ... in today's lingo 'A by itself A'. The '&' symbol was used as 'and', and was popular because printers could use one plug instead of three for every 'and' requiring printing ... it adds up. Anyway, back to old English alphabet recital, '&' was spoken as 'And per se And' - thus the modern name AMPERSAND.
*SAF
:rollit:

Trics growing on Mila Critical Mass and to a lesser extent Panya Purple Punch :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nice bud growth on bushy Syra Cheese, waiting on trics!

Over in the germination tray, sproutage on the next Auto, Canuk Critical Mass (again!) from True North seeds. This dear one will be my first Auto topping and cloning attempt victim. Wish her luck.
:yahoo:

Queen Mother Wilhelmina's big trip.

She seems to really like her extra leg room and outdoor sunshine. If I waited any longer I'd need a tall box truck. Lil Wil is doing great too, even with only a 1 gallon pot half full! Shot up about 8 inches since last week. Let's hope my McGivered wind break solution holds up. It did okay the 2.5 hour here, I have over 6 to go but I'll just drive like the grandpa I am.

Can't wait to see my neighbors, and they're looking forward to seeing me too, especially since 7/1 is a VERY SPECIAL day in their fair Commonwealth :yummy: I am happy to help them get something going.
04 15 2021 Wilhelmina Moves.jpg

Queen Mother Wilhelmina's big trip.

She seems to really like her extra leg room and outdoor sunshine. If I waited any longer I'd need a tall box truck. Lil Wil is doing great too, even with only a 1 gallon pot half full! Shot up about 8 inches since last week. Let's hope my McGivered wind break solution holds up. It did okay the 2.5 hour here, I have over 6 to go but I'll just drive like the grandpa I am.

Can't wait to see my neighbors, and they're looking forward to seeing me too, especially since 7/1 is a VERY SPECIAL day in their fair Commonwealth :yummy: I am happy to help them get something going.
04 15 2021 Wilhelmina Moves.jpg
Well, I wish I could say she looked this good when I unwrapped her. Looking a bit droopy and winded.

To boot, overnight lows reached a highly unusual 37F :oops:

And to round out the 3rd unwelcome event, found the water pump door opened and when I turned the pump back on after being off during the winter, broken pipes had apparently frozen over and broke.

Put them in their nice sunny spot, now I just need to get the water pump fixed and hope they survived the trauma.

Here Wilhelmina Wappa and her daughter LiL Wil Wappa sit (hopefully) recovering in the east pasture after the long windy trip and Lil Wil's up potting. Being tall, Wilhelmina took the brunt of the damage, I found 3 tops too dead to hope for recovery so she's been topped at those spots. I've since moved them about 15 meters further east, this will give them an extra hour of direct late afternoon sun. The pump house in the second image below is where the faucet is that will feed the ladies. In the photo below, that pump house is just behind the tree trunk.
04 16 2021 Outside.jpg

At the end of the work day, help arrives to inventory damaged pvc pipe components. We run up to the big box store for hopefully everything we need: thread tape; primer; glue; cutting tool; Schedule 40 1"; 1"-1.5" thread bushing; 1" - 3/4" thread bushing; 1" cutoff valve; 1" male adapter; 1" female adapters; 1" tees; 1" elbows; 3/4" brass spigot; foam insulation. US$95.

For 3 Coors Banquets and 40 dollars Pipe Fitter Brother 'X' was more than happy as we engaged in 'Grow Talk' throughout the repair. I don't at all mind, and in fact I LIKE being an assistant as I can learn a thing or two. He got it in and it all works, but there was a tiny drip at the pressure tank. If it doesn't clear up, I'll need 3 more pvc joints and he'll redo that joint.

It's good enough to work, but we finished too late for me to set the automatic watering.

Waiting for the sun now to go finish.

04 16 2021 Pump Repair.jpg

:thumb:

Yesterday I got fresh batteries in the automatic water timer and set the girls up. Doing this, I can't help but think of my dear departed friend Emmett ... he fixed my pump house the first time it froze over and installed this faucet. There was no extra charge for the awesome beer cap smiley face, in fact, unless parts were involved there was no charge at all. He was that kind of guy. Emmett left us just about 1 year ago, it's nice to have these little things to help remember him and his kindness.
04 17 2021 Water Timer on Emmetts faucet.jpg

Here we have the opposite end of the hose, going
to a 'Y' splitter and 2 soak irrigation fixtures.
04 17 2021 Outside Water.jpg

More Emmett handiwork, he made Whirly-Gigs out
of shims ... looks better live, does a nice job of
catching the breeze and spinning.
04 17 2021 Emmetts Whirly Gig.jpg

Last but not least, a 1/2 selfie from the proud new
steward of Emmett's Hat. I've been wearing it a lot
since it was given to me last Autumn, getting a lot
of positive feedback. Makes me feel lucky.
04 17 2021 Emmetts Hat.jpg

Yesterday I got fresh batteries in the automatic water timer and set the girls up. Doing this, I can't help but think of my dear departed friend Emmett ... he fixed my pump house the first time it froze over and installed this faucet. There was no extra charge for the awesome beer cap smiley face, in fact, unless parts were involved there was no charge at all. He was that kind of guy. Emmett left us just about 1 year ago, it's nice to have these little things to help remember him and his kindness.
04 17 2021 Water Timer on Emmetts faucet.jpg

Here we have the opposite end of the hose, going
to a 'Y' splitter and 2 soak irrigation fixtures.
04 17 2021 Outside Water.jpg

More Emmett handiwork, he made Whirly-Gigs out
of shims ... looks better live, does a nice job of
catching the breeze and spinning.
04 17 2021 Emmetts Whirly Gig.jpg

Last but not least, a 1/2 selfie from the proud new
steward of Emmett's Hat. I've been wearing it a lot
since it was given to me last Autumn, getting a lot
of positive feedback. Makes me feel lucky.
04 17 2021 Emmetts Hat.jpg

Awsome.

Day #64

Mila Critical Mass, Panya Purple Punch and Syra Cheese were all predicted to be ready in 8 weeks, or, 8 days ago :oops:

They're getting close but not yet ready. Of this Auto bunch, the Bloody Skunk was a true racer. Seems like Syra Cheese is now racing ahead of Mila CM in terms of pistil coloration. Light frosties all around, c'mon ladies!

Anyway, below are their progress shots.

Syra Cheese
04 19 2021 Syra Cheese.jpg

Panya Purple Punch

04 19 2021 Panya PP.jpg

Mila Critical Mass
04 19 2021 Mila CM.jpg

Day #64

Mila Critical Mass, Panya Purple Punch and Syra Cheese were all predicted to be ready in 8 weeks, or, 8 days ago :oops:

They're getting close but not yet ready. Of this Auto bunch, the Bloody Skunk was a true racer. Seems like Syra Cheese is now racing ahead of Mila CM in terms of pistil coloration. Light frosties all around, c'mon ladies!

Anyway, below are their progress shots.

Syra Cheese
04 19 2021 Syra Cheese.jpg

Panya Purple Punch

04 19 2021 Panya PP.jpg

Mila Critical Mass
04 19 2021 Mila CM.jpg
Oh That Smell :yahoo:

CANUK :cheesygrinsmiley: Syra Cheese Auto Fem from TrueNorth is officially blowing my mind now.

Note below how she self topped herself. Amazing. So I now have 3 main colas, each with several minor colas!!
04 21 2021 Syra base.jpg

Here are a couple of top shots. All of this was 'full auto', I've done no trimming whatsoever. She's only frosty close up to her buds now, not sure if that spreads out like on my photo periods. The Belka Bloody Skunk Auto was plenty frosty, guess we'll see soon. 2 of her main cola tops are about 60% brown pistils. I'll be taking selective pieces off the top to let the bottom ripen up. :yummy:
04 21 2021 Syra 1.jpg
:yahoo:
04 21 2021 Syra 2.jpg

Here is a close up of one of the colas.
04 21 2021 Syra Top.jpg

Day #70 :oops:

Syra Cheese and Mila Critical Mass are still producing white pistils. I need the space so I am going to let them finish outside. Getting them out opens up a whole lot of room, and makes my smoking balcony smell nice.

The next CM Fem Auto sprout is moved into the tent. I hope to top her and clone her to have #2 come in about 30 days behind #1 and so on. The next Wappa for the PP tent is in there too.

This leaves only the straggler Purple Punch Auto. Late but filling out nicely.

Syra Cheese Auto & Mila Critical Mass Auto
04 25 2021 Syra & Mila Day 70.jpg

Transitioning Tent
04 25 2021 Tent2 Transition.jpg

Panya Purple Punch
04 25 2021 Panya.jpg

I've now taken Panya Purple Punch's ripened tops and have left her bottoms to further ripen.

Syra Cheese and Mila Critical Mass are happily browning over on the balcony and in no apparent hurry.

Trip next weekend to visit Wilhelmina and Lil Wil.

About half of Mila Critical Mass Auto Fem from True North is cured and weighs in at 37.4 grams. She has a lovely scent and I can't wait to get at her.

Meanwhile, Sweet Seeds Belka Bloody Skunk was cured and weighed in at 51.7 grams about a week ago.

All of Panya Purple Punch and Syra Cheese are harvested and in various stages of drying/curing.

89.1 grams and counting, stay tuned for AUTOS totals.

The rest of Mila Critical Mass Auto Fem is cured and in total she came in at 74.3 grams. My biggest single plant yield yet, and oh, what a scent. SO glad she is joining the rotation.

Once more, Sweet Seeds Belka Bloody Skunk was cured and weighed in at 51.7 grams about a week ago.

Cheese and Purple Punch still curing, but I do love this Mars light!

Back
Top Bottom