Emmie's 6 Plant, True Living Organic, LED Grow Journal

Sub'd

My plants are a few days behind yours. Are you keeping the light on 24/7?
Only in the very beginning Concrete... about 3 days into the last ones reaching the surface I switched to 18/6. I am a firm believer that roots need darkness to grow, needing the processing of light to stop at the top while this activity below the surface takes precedence. I know the plants appreciate this, because I can watch them on camera in the dark of the late morning, start to reach up to the light that they anticipate is coming. If you can slow down enough to watch the plants in their various processes, it starts to make sense how they use the light and the darkness to optimize the things they need to do.

give your seedlings a few days to establish the roots on the bottom of the cup. As soon as the seedling stops floating in the soil and you can see that it is established {staying in place}, start watering properly. Until then, just dribble small amounts in a circle about 3x the diameter of the seedling... don't worry about soaking all the soil yet. I water very small amounts twice a day for new seedlings, until they establish... and then completely water the cup, trying to get as much water in that soil as I can. (this is the trick}... then wait 3-5 days for the plant to find and use all of that water. Dont water again until it does. When the container is again light as a feather with no discernable water weight, water completely again. This time it wont take so long... expect it to use the water in 2-3 days. Water again... next time even shorter. When she can drain all that water in 24 hours, it is time to uppot to the next larger size container.

give your seedlings a few days to establish the roots on the bottom of the cup. As soon as the seedling stops floating in the soil and you can see that it is established {staying in place}, start watering properly. Until then, just dribble small amounts in a circle about 3x the diameter of the seedling... don't worry about soaking all the soil yet. I water very small amounts twice a day for new seedlings, until they establish... and then completely water the cup, trying to get as much water in that soil as I can. (this is the trick}... then wait 3-5 days for the plant to find and use all of that water. Dont water again until it does. When the container is again light as a feather with no discernable water weight, water completely again. This time it wont take so long... expect it to use the water in 2-3 days. Water again... next time even shorter. When she can drain all that water in 24 hours, it is time to uppot to the next larger size container.
Thanks! I just sprayed a small amount of water into each cup. I assume you are talking about red party cups, but I potted mine into 64 oz cups, which are about 3x the volume. Should I adjust the strategy, considering the cup size? Also, at what point should I completely soak the cups? Here is my grow thread, which has pictures of how big each seedling is: Concrete's Mixed Grow - Soil 2018

1543915573641.png

yes, wait till the seedlings establish themselves and then saturate that entire cup. Because you went with the extra large size you will definitely be waiting 5+ days after that first watering for them to use that first hit of water. It is going to be so hard for you to be patient during all of this... but stick with it, the method works.

Let's introduce you to the family today. I will do it in order of age since they were not all started at the same time.

First is Wappa which has turned out to be a short and stout star of my tent. She is already sucking up water like a pro and dangerously close to putting up that 5th node, at which point she is going to be introduced to Uncle Ben's topping method.
She has been above ground for 13 days.
DSCF6697.JPG

Next is young Jack Herer. She has been eating light for 9 days.
DSCF6696.JPG

Then I had 3 of them all come up together one morning 7 days ago. First, NYC Diesel
DSCF6699.JPG

Then Super Cheese:
DSCF6700.JPG

and last but not least in that group, Super Ice Breaker
DSCF6698.JPG

And then pulling up the rear, we have TrainWreck, checking in at day 5
DSCF6701.JPG

Please note not only the very vigorous growth under the LED light, but also the very healthy cotyledons. I am proud of my little girls so far.

After carefully examining the tribe I have determined that they could stand more light. I lowered the array one more inch so that it is now 14" above the canopy. I am really clueless at this point what the correct distance should be. The manufacturer recommends 16"-18" for seedlings, 12"-15" for veg, and 8" for flower for this light... the bigger light that I will be using in flower lets you get a bit further away.

After carefully examining the tribe I have determined that they could stand more light. I lowered the array one more inch so that it is now 14" above the canopy. I am really clueless at this point what the correct distance should be. The manufacturer recommends 16"-18" for seedlings, 12"-15" for veg, and 8" for flower for this light... the bigger light that I will be using in flower lets you get a bit further away.
Are you running your light at full power? Just curious since my tent is 4x4 and I'm running my 600w light at 200w because my seedlings are small.

Babies are beautiful as always :green_heart:
Signature is huge.. With all the things you have accomplished :)
What if you try to write it in a 2 column way? Or make a thread with all the links and a reference thing in your signature?
(that way, I can add it to my signature too.. Like I have Sue's threads :))

Babies are beautiful as always :green_heart:
Signature is huge.. With all the things you have accomplished :)
What if you try to write it in a 2 column way? Or make a thread with all the links and a reference thing in your signature?
(that way, I can add it to my signature too.. Like I have Sue's threads :))
That is exactly what I was shooting for once i gave up on the magic link idea... I want people to be able to quickly go to my stuff, but yeah, the sig lines are out of hand... was shocked i was able to put so much in there actually. I guess I do have to just dedicate one thread just to that like you guys have been doing. I will work on that today between meetings at work.

Wappa met Uncle Ben this morning and got her topping right between the 2nd and 3rd nodes. Now one main kola becomes 4. In 24 hours the entire structure of this plant will change, opening up the center for good airflow, and 4 primary kolas. She finally got her water too... 36 hours to drain the cup.... and now this. She will be ready for transplant in less than a week.
DSCF6702.JPG
DSCF6703.JPG

Wappa is a 60 day, >20%THC 60/40 Indica dominant from Paradise Seeds.
Taking out all the advertising hype from the description:

The plant itself is stout and sturdy, an indica strain that is renowned for its stability. The high calyx-to-leaf ratio will make the fussiest manicurist a happy person and it is pleasing to the eye too. This one is popular with those who have indoor grow rooms, and especially those gardeners that have limited space to work with. Wappa is a medium sized plant that packs a very big punch, evident in the thick cola and the proliferation of buds that surge from the side branches. .

The buzz is intense, but not overwhelming. It sinks into the body, providing an indica carpet to walk over but never dragging you down. In fact Wappa brings an upful sense of purpose to your day’s proceedings. It has great power, but a benign power that will push you towards the doors of perception with a gentle nudge rather than an elevator free-fall. A good day smoke and one to keep the evening going too. Also popular with medical patients.

A pure indica with no couchlock effect. Its a active happy cerebral high. Very good day time smoke...
wappa_2019.jpg

Back
Top Bottom