Emmie's Berry D'licious 2019 True Living Organic: No AACT, SCROG, COB, SuperSoil Production Grow & Seed Run

Bloom, 8th week, waiting on amber
Sorry about the bad picture quality... I left my camera's memory stick in the computer at work yesterday and today have to use my cell phone camera. I still have to double check with the microscope to see if I can see amber at the top of the majority of these buds, but I see very few white pistils now in the bulk of the tent, with just a few along the outer edges where the light is not as intense. I am reasonably sure that this evening when I get home I am going to call this the end, water completely one last time, and then turn out the lights for 3 days. My best guess this morning just doing a fly by with my phone camera is that we are just about there.

IMG_20191126_084108.jpg
IMG_20191126_084113.jpg
IMG_20191126_084129.jpg
IMG_20191126_084121.jpg
Nice work, Emilya! Those are some fat looking buds! Any day now...

Curious to see if you notice any dramatic changes in final weight, density, flavor or potency of this grow vs most previous runs. Looks like that 2x4 is pretty packed.
I noticed as early as week 5 that the density was much better... these buds are rock hard. And yes, It would be difficult to get much more out of a 2x4 I would think... we will know after we see the numbers.

Bloom, The Dark Time before the Harvest
Tonight, right before lights off I did a check of trichomes all around the tent. All three plants showed me just a few amber trichomes up near the top. With the microscope and its bluish light it is much harder to see the amber, but it is easy to see the structure and the size of the trichomes.
I have the pictures sorted by plant so we can compare as they come out of the darkness and into the harvest process. Tonight is the start of their normal night and they don't know yet that anything is up, so I have given them a pardon on the screw in the trunk, just yet. I want to check the normal progress of the trichomes again in the morning with my loupe. The lights are unplugged. They will know no light from here on. In 12 hours their worlds are going to fly apart and their realities will change. They will get the screw driven deep into their hearts. Two of the plants will be getting 48 hours of darkness. The last unlucky soul will be forced to endure a terrible 72 hours of torture. Before they die, in a final humiliation we will have them all pose for final pictures and to read statements of remorse to their parents and countrymen for being such terrible plants, and then off with their feet... or heads... however that works. It will be harvest time in this small evil Missouri town. Pray for them.

M&M with Vulx and Andesite
2019-11-27-182652.jpg
2019-11-27-182724.jpg
2019-11-27-182806.jpg

Tara with no amendments
2019-11-27-182929.jpg
2019-11-27-182943.jpg

2019-11-27-182948.jpg

Red with Andesite

2019-11-27-183011.jpg
2019-11-27-183039.jpg
2019-11-27-183127.jpg

We will see what happens to these trichomes in a couple of days.

Happy Thanksgiving Otter and also to Mrs. Otter and any otterettes who might be hanging around today! Thank you to you and everyone else watching this thread and please everyone have a safe and happy holiday weekend. Surely even though Thanksgiving is just a USA event, our American Black Friday has probably spread all over the world! Spend Spend Spend! Gobble Gobble.
:ganjamon:

OK... the deed is done. We opened up the tent about 5 hours into what should have been their next day and all the plants gave us that look, like WTF Aunt M... what's with the lack of light? A quick check with the loupe showed a few more ambers than 17 hours ago, and that confirmed our decision to go ahead. If we hadn't turned up Alice's Restaurant so loud when they played the traditional noontime rendition of the old Thanksgiving song on the local radio station, you probably would have heard the screams from your house, and not just from the plants. It seems that J. is a little squeamish and when the guts started popping out on the other side, she about lost it.
I hope your day is going well! Gobble Gobble!

screwed 12.png

screwed 1.png

OK... the deed is done. We opened up the tent about 5 hours into what should have been their next day and all the plants gave us that look, like WTF Aunt M... what's with the lack of light? A quick check with the loupe showed a few more ambers than 17 hours ago, and that confirmed our decision to go ahead. If we hadn't turned up Alice's Restaurant so loud when they played the traditional noontime rendition of the old Thanksgiving song on the local radio station, you probably would have heard the screams from your house, and not just from the plants. It seems that J. is a little squeamish and when the guts started popping out on the other side, she about lost it.
I hope your day is going well! Gobble Gobble!

screwed 12.png

screwed 1.png

So that's why EMS just screamed past my house!
:snowboating::goof::snowboating:

For Ms. J

My grow site is quite tidy
My bathroom is so clean
Don't stay with Em
Toke with me.
lol... Ms. J. says that your offer is tempting, but it is harvest time at our house and no power on earth could make her leave me now... maybe if I blow the cure you will have a chance?

Ms. Red, 36 hour darkness report:
This is where I traditionally stop the darkness and start harvesting. Not this time. Two of these girls will go the full 48 hours. The last one will go 72.
Already we can see a big difference in trichomes. Where before there was just a hidden amber one among thousands, now we are close to 2%. Even the microscope can pick them out now in its blue light. They seem thicker too, not just more mature.
Annotation 2019-11-29 110352.png
Annotation 2019-11-29 110321.png
Annotation 2019-11-29 110158.png

The buds have also gotten much heavier. We just pulled a test bud from Red which 2 weeks ago would have weighed much less than the 30.4 grams this one just weighed in at.
DSCF7581.JPG

Today we will take a test bud from each of the girls to highlight as I am doing here. These test buds will start undergoing a mostly slow dry and mini cure as they become the daily smoke for us here as we start the cutting, trimming, drying, curing process. It is no wonder Ms. J. sticks around... I treat the folks right here at Emmie's Gardens. :)
DSCF7576.JPG

I offer a variation on the U.S tradition of Thanksgiving.....
I'm giving thanks that Em and J have an intellectual sense of humour .....Phew! As do O so many dudes in here.

It's Raindrops Keep Falling on mi bed here at my third world near-derelict abode.
But the medium underfoot seems fertile for an outdoor grow.
There's no shortage of info available to me.

Ms. Tara, 36 hour darkness report:
Tara was the leader all the way through veg. Since then, she has been lagging behind. Part of this has to be that she had several branches pollinated, but that rarely causes such a dramatic difference between the other plants and unpollinated buds in the room. Compared to the other plants, Tara is a disappointment. She neither has Vulx or Andesite, and it shows that there is something different about this grow.
Her buds are simply smaller than the other plants. Her overall weight will be the lowest in the tent I believe. Picking one of the mid to large buds from the middle of the canopy I came up with a 17.3 gram bud... Half the size of a similar bud off of Red an hour ago.
Even the trichomes are not as developed. There are a few amber trichomes showing up now, and this one might be the one that needs to run the full 72 hours of darkness. If you remember the shots of the only white pistils left in the room, they were on Tara. Her only saving grace is that the largest and tallest bud in the room belongs to her. Maybe this is where all the energy went... I will let you know.
Annotation 2019-11-29 121849.png
Annotation 2019-11-29 121823.png
Annotation 2019-11-29 121751.png
DSCF7583.JPG

Back
Top Bottom