Jon705's First Attempt at Organic SuperSoil Featuring TopLED's New COB LED Panel

Hey :420::) So here it is, my first attempt at supersoil. As most of you know ive been a hydro grower for 10 years or so, due too continuous issues with my system I decided its time to go organic!! Man am I ever happy I decided to go this route, the girls have been vegging in Supersoil for a month now and they look awesome! I really love how much easier soil is compared to hydro, I just got done spreading the plants out with some lst training and it is so much easier when I dont have to crawl around under the plants because in the system I couldn't move them, now I just sit on the floor with a plant between my legs and spin it as needed, not to mention NO MORE PH OR PPM METERS, just straight water from beggining to end:).After 2 years of testing strain after strain Ive found my main strains...finally:slide::slide::slide:all 3 of these strains are heavy hitting heavy yielding and easy to grow, each strain has a unique and powerful smell with large dense nugs so lots of bag appeal which was part of my selection process.
The strains are..

CH9 Jack.
Jack Herrer x Ed Rosenthal Superbud x Hashplant x Ch9 Male
This strain has large dense and frosty spear shaped nugs, it turns redish purple around the 3rd week of flower. Im really bad a describing complex flavors and this one is complex bigtime lol..so im not even going to try, lets just say it taste like dank awesomeness. This strain can be harvested as early as 7 weeks but I like to let it go 9 weeks to get some amber trychs.Heres a pic that I won a nug of the month with:)
jack_24.JPG

Barneys Farms 8 Ball Kush

This is a Hindu Kush and is now easily my favorite daytime smoke and probably will be for a longtime. If your looking for a strain to get your creative juices flowing this is it! WARNING...DO NOT SMOKE THIS BEFORE BEDTIME!
It is not racey like some strains but it definetly gives you energy and clear headed thinking, I smoked a joint last night around 10pm and couldnt fall asleep until 1 am so it is a long lasting powerful buzz. I grew my keeper pheno out last round in a 6 gallon air pot with synthetic nutes and wet weight was 3.7 pds so I guessing dry weight will be just over a pd, I dont know about you guys but 1 pd from a 6 gallon pot impressed the shit right out of me. The flavor is old school spicy kush, not like all these hybrids they re calling kush these days, this is pure hindu kush, with a couple rounds of topping this plant grows into a huge bush that produces ALOT of nice sized dense stinky nugs.If stealth is important to you then this is not the strain for you, it flat out WREAKS!Heres a pic of the plant I grew out last round.
31357.JPG

Oh ya, did I mention that its shoots out hash tips under led lights!
DSCF5204.JPG

Sensei Seeds Black Domina

This strain is a pure indica. Northern Lights x Hashplant x Ortega x Afghani sa
Smell and flavor is pure berry, cant really say what type of berry, maybe blackberry x rasberry.
This strain produces some of the largest densest baseball sized nugs ive ever had the pleasure of growing and it is really easy to grow and even better its really easy to trim.Heres a pic from my last grow in the same 6 gallon air pot, I dont have final weights yet but this plant easily yielded 12 oz dried and cured:)
15203.JPG

Ok so those are my strains now onto Supersoil.
I am using Subcool's supersoil recipe pretty much to the T, the only differences are I used a different organic base soil and I used regular bone meal instead of steamed fish bonemeal because I couldn't find any around here.Here's Subcool's recipe.
8 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)

25 to 50 lbs of organic worm castings
5 lbs steamed bone meal
5 lbs Bloom bat guano
5 lbs blood meal
3 lbs rock phosphate
¾ cup Epson salts
½ cup sweet lime (dolomite)
½ cup azomite (trace elements)
2 tbsp powdered humic acid

I used 60 pds of worm castings and sixteen 15 pd bags of base soil, this recipe calls for 30 pd bags.
I am using 10 gallon nursery pots. 5 gallons of supersoil then a thin layer of base soil and base soil around the sides. The roots grow down into the supersoil as needed. Honestly...these are the healthiest plants ive ever grown and all I do is give them plain water when they're thirsty, it doesnt get any easier than that.

Lighting

I am now running three 1000w HPS and 4 600w Area 51 led panels. There was a spot that wasn't getting enough light so I added a third 1000w hps, theres no dark spots anymore lol...so total watts are now 7400.
TopLed was kind enough to give me a 200w COB led panel to test out for them, it will be in its own space and I will flower one Timewreck under it, this should give us a good idea of what these lights can do:)

Air conditioning.

24 000 btu Mini split,Daytime temps 75 degrees Nightime temps 68 degrees.

Humidity

two 70 pint dehumidifiers

CO2

Im running a simple tank system for now, 1000ppm's during veg and 1500ppm's during flower. I control the ppm's with a simple mecanical timer, 15 on 15 off keeps the ppm's within 200ppm's of where I want it.

Ok, I think thats about it for the intro, feel free to post pics and ask questions on my thread, we are all here to learn.

Good weed everyone lets get this show on the road:)

Lovely room and girls Jon. Would love to follow along!

Unfortunately I didnt take any pics of how i started training these plants, I came up with this idea last round when I started using the 42 inch tall 20 inch wide tomatoe cages. Its basically UBT with an extra branch, I wait until the plants are around 14-18 inches tall and have some nice side branching, then I select a section of the main stalk thats has 5 nice thick branches and top above the fifth branch and remove everything below the 5 branches.I then either supercrop are lst the 5 branches down to spread the plant out a bit and let them grow maybe 6 inches and top all 5 main tops for a total of 10 growing tips.The plants always have some branches that grow faster than others so when a branch grows 5-6 inches taller than the rest of them I ll top that one again to bring it down level with the rest of the canopy, theres a pic of the 8 BK in my first post that shows what the plant will turn out like ideally, theres somewhere around 40 main tops on that plant.
Heres a before and after shots of a Black Domina I tied down or lst'd last night.
DSCF52241.JPG
DSCF52251.JPG

While im doing this I also remove all of the suckers from the middle and bottom of the plant, I like to get most of the lollypopping done during veg to minimize healing time during flower
DSCF5235.JPG

Random pics
DSCF5227.JPG
DSCF52282.JPG
DSCF52293.JPG
DSCF52302.JPG
DSCF52312.JPG
DSCF52341.JPG
DSCF52371.JPG
DSCF52381.JPG
DSCF5241.JPG
DSCF52421.JPG
DSCF5243.JPG
DSCF52441.JPG
DSCF5248.JPG

8 BK, 4 feet wide and 16 inches tall:)
DSCF5247.JPG

Looks like I ll be able to fill the 12 x 18 foot flowerroom just fine with 8 plants:)
DSCF5240.JPG

couple shots of my curing cabinet.
DSCF5253.JPG
DSCF5255.JPG

Now I ll start tying the branches to the second ring on the cages for support so they grow up instead of out, i ll get some pics up once I do a few:)

And heres the Timewreck under TopLeds 200w COB led panel. I ll be putting these 9 plants in the flower room as soon as I flip to sex them, this should take around 7 days, then I ll ditch the males and transplant the females into bigger pots and veg them for a couple more weeks. Im going to select one of them and put it in the res room with this light to flower in about a month:)
DSCF4694.JPG
DSCF4691.JPG
DSCF4690.JPG
DSCF46872.JPG
DSCF46862.JPG
DSCF46852.JPG
DSCF46842.JPG
DSCF46791.JPG
DSCF46711.JPG
DSCF46721.JPG
DSCF46731.JPG
DSCF4676.JPG
DSCF46771.JPG
DSCF46782.JPG
DSCF5256.JPG
DSCF5257.JPG
DSCF5258.JPG

Now that you're doing a supersoil grow, I can follow along! - haven't got enough time to watch the hydro grows.

Love the veg training!

:popcorn:

+subbed

sub, looking good as always, im interested in saras light as i will be setting up another 2 grow rooms in the coming months so need to buy some lower wattage lights, leds are my only real option so i want to see how you get on with it and how it does for flowering,

do you know if its actually pulling 200w or is it likely to be pulling more than that with the fans, or is it 200w as a whole unit, if its 200watts then i can replace my 400watt hps and set up 2 rooms with the same total watts, i know my hps is not 400watts its more like 425 or 450 as most decent hid's pull slightly more than they say they do.

Back
Top Bottom