DrDankNstien's Perpetual High Brix & SuperSoil Grow With TopLed's Custom Mars II

DrDankNstien

Hi everyone and welcome to my perpetual Led grow, I am a longtime hydro guy that finally decided to take the plunge into organics and High Brix growing. My good friend Curso talked me into trying out High brix, I figured what the hell might as well try a couple different styles since growing in soil is new to me. These 2 rooms are brand new, I recently had to move my set up to a new location.

Strains.
I currently have TGA's Timewreck, 8 Ball Kush(last round for this strain) a cut of BC Purple Kush, CH9 Jack and Chemdawg.

Veg Room.
This room has a 3 x 3 space for mothers, clones and the first stage of the perpetual grow, there are 3 50w floros up on the shelf for clones and the first couple weeks and below is a 400w MH for mothers and tester strains, this small space will soon be upgraded to led.
6738.JPG

The main Veg Room is a 5 x 10 space lit by two 320 x 3w Area 51 panels.This room is not sealed, air is exchanged with a 4 inch vortex inline fan. Currently there are three 8 ball kush's in supersoil, this is the last round for this strain, it just doesnt work with the rest of my strains in a perpetual grow because it takes 10-11 weeks to finish and the rest are 9 weekers.Behind the 8bk are 4 Timewrecks(2 different pheno's)they are in High Brix soil and are about 1.5 months old.I ve been having some low humidity issues with this room, it was getting as low as 25% rh which was causing some issues with curling leaves and raised ridges on the fan leaves so I added a humidifier a couple of days ago and conditions seem to be fine now, they sit at around 55-60% rh and 75-78 degrees.
12383.JPG
13278.JPG
31394.JPG

8 ball kush in supersoil. I sprayed these with some leftover brixblaster and they didnt like it at all, it caused some yellowing of the fans, from now on its water only for these girls.
41047.JPG

5842.JPG

The 4 in the back are all Timewreck in High Brix soil. This is my first attempt at HB growing so im not expecting perfect plants, Curso is walking me through this style of growing step by step, after a few rounds I ll decide what style I prefer.
7623.JPG
8484.JPG
9375.JPG
10382.JPG
111015.JPG

The Flower Room.
This room is a 8 x 9 100% sealed climate controlled enviroment. I have complete control of this room.It is lit by 2 TopLed 240 x 5w custom spectrum panels and 2 320 x 3w Area 51 panels. a/c is a 12 000 btu dual hose portable unit for now, a mini split unit will be used in the summertime. Co2 is provided via a tank system, its sits between 1200 and 1500 ppm's, and temps sit at 75 degrees lights on 69 degrees lights off. There is a 6 inch vortex fan filter combo scrubbing the air and another 6 inch vortex fan on the floor keeping the co2 moving, thats almost 1000 cfm of air movment in a 540 cubic foot room, theres definetly no lack of air movement here, the plants are constantly in motion, there is no need for oscilating fans, I actually prefer it this way because the cooler Co2 rich air from the concrete floor is being pushed up through the plants instead of the low Co2 warmer air up high being pushed back down through the plants.Light are off right now so I ll post some pics of this room tonight.
I welcome all comments and advice as long as it is something you have personally done, I dont want to hear about something you read online or something your friends uncle is doing, I ve been growing for over 10 years so even though these are new styles for me I still have alot of experience in growing this plant we all love so much so pull up a chair and enjoy the show:)

Re: DrDankNstiens perpetual High brix and Supersoil grow with TopLed's custom Mars II

well I ve followed the instrutions 6 times now to add my sig and it isnt working....

Re: DrDankNstiens perpetual High brix and Supersoil grow with TopLed's custom Mars II

Your plants won't like the foliars too much in "homebuilt" soil.
Thanks Doc, its T n J soil,they're kit doesnt come with foliars but I figured I would try them out anyways, if it doesnt work out then I ll send a sample to the labs and have some made for me, same thing you did right?

Thanks Doc, its T n J soil,they're kit doesnt come with foliars but I figured I would try them out anyways, if it doesnt work out then I ll send a sample to AG labs and have some made for me, same thing you did right?

I sent in many samples to the lab (they aren't in a legal state, so don't mention them here, please.)
One after the other failed for High Brix growing. The first soil to pass the test (barely) was Promix HP Myko.

Why not give me a PM and I'll set you up with amendment for that soil, so you can save money on your lab tests? I've been at this awhile now and have the amendments dialed in for the first 3 runs. Each amendment is different, and I've tweaked them for our favorite plant.

Or, you can go ahead and re-invent it on your time and dime. It's up to you!

I sent in many samples to the lab (they aren't in a legal state, so don't mention them here, please.)
One after the other failed for High Brix growing. The first soil to pass the test (barely) was Promix HP Myko.

Why not give me a PM and I'll set you up with amendment for that soil, so you can save money on your lab tests? I've been at this awhile now and have the amendments dialed in for the first 3 runs. Each amendment is different, and I've tweaked them for our favorite plant.

ok sorry I edited the post.

I cant pm yet Doc, I would love to give your kit a try after this T n J stuff, I have it so I might as well use it for now, money is very tight at the moment.

I cant pm yet Doc, I would love to give your kit a try after this T n J stuff, I have it so I might as well use it for now, money is very tight at the moment.

I hear ya brother!

With the T and J....having used it myself the best advice I can give is to dilute the Nature's Own Tea to 1/4 strength and feed with the Biominerals II every 3rd watering.

You'll grow some nice plants with that....better than Supersoil. However, there really is no comparison to the real thing.

I hear ya brother!

With the T and J....having used it myself the best advice I can give is to dilute the Nature's Own Tea to 1/4 strength and feed with the Biominerals II every 3rd watering.

You'll grow some nice plants with that....better than Supersoil. However, there really is no comparison to the real thing.
ok thanks for the advice, I ll do that for awhile and when things arent so tight I ll pick up a kit from you:Namaste:

Another highbrix grower - I'm subbed!

:thumb:

subd

Another highbrix grower - I'm subbed!

:thumb:
welcome Graytail, with all the hype here at 420 about High Brix I had to see for myself:)

Taking a seat Dr. have you already done the sexing?
Welcome AJ, they are all from clone:0

Subbed buddy.

Looking forward to it.
welcome Shotta glad your here my friend.

:welcome:

subbed mukker
welcome TM:)

:Namaste:

Chronic weekend to you Dank :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom