PakaloloHawaii's LED High Brix Perpetual!

Well I had some time this evening and the rest of my weekend is looking busy. chop chop!!!! Down came two very beautiful girls. I think Sunday would have been 70 days. One last bud shot, and they are washed and hung!

image13562.jpg
image13563.jpg
image13564.jpg
image13565.jpg
image13566.jpg
image13567.jpg
image13568.jpg

Holy Mother! Your plants are stunning, your pictures are tremendous.....you have really raised the bar for me in this journal. Leaps and bounds!

Take a moment for yourself, please!!!! WAY TO GO!!

Bro I have some serious bud envy....

Im beyond envy...they are beautiful specimens..or speciwomans :)

Did I just sniff my computer screen??? Man!!!! I am definitely in awe ! Beautiful buds Tavosvo! Bravo!!!!! :bravo:

Holy Mother! Your plants are stunning, your pictures are tremendous.....you have really raised the bar for me in this journal. Leaps and bounds!

Take a moment for yourself, please!!!! WAY TO GO!!

Good morning friends! Wow my house smells like kush!

Thank you all for the kind words if I could I roll a few for everyone here to enjoy!

Tavosvo, questions please. When do you prune the sugar leaves? how long do you hang the big branches before cutting into nugs or smaller ? Do you use a drying screen column? How long before you place in jars to cure? How long do you cure?

Oh we going deep now. I'm still learning and working on my harvest/trim/drying technique, but I'm doing pretty good. I dry in my garden, so it's a bit dryer than I'd like. I also like to make bubble hash with my trim. I'd trim fresh for that very reason, but I worry about the flavor of my buds with a wet trim. Still working out what's best for me. Here's what I usually do.

1. Cut plant stalk before lights on
2. Divide plant into branches. Leave as much stem as possible.
3. Trim everything that doesn't have trichomes on it.
4. Wash and hang
5. When sugar leaves are just starting to get crispy, but not quite, final trim. Usually about 3 days after hanging.
6. Take branches and put in Rubbermaid container. I put a hygrometer in there and leave the lid slightly cracked. RH will shoot up above 60%. Kind of like a giant jar, I'll burp the container, or crack the lid a bit more if RH goes above 70. This slows the drying process down. I'm trying to get it to take 7-10 days before I jar. Fluffy buds make it hard to slow down, but these dense nugs should dry nice and slow.
7. Once the RH in the bin is around 57-60% with the lid completely shut (it's not sealed, so there is still some air exchange) I jar up the buds with a caliber IV hygrometer. If I timed it right, RH in the jars will end up somewhere between 62-68%. One or two burps and she goes in the drawer for as long as I can stand. I won't really smoke any for a couple weeks, sample a nug here and there, but one month and the quality really starts improving.

Oh we going deep now. I'm still learning and working on my harvest/trim/drying technique, but I'm doing pretty good. I dry in my garden, so it's a bit dryer than I'd like. I also like to make bubble hash with my trim. I'd trim fresh for that very reason, but I worry about the flavor of my buds with a wet trim. Still working out what's best for me. Here's what I usually do.

1. Cut plant stalk before lights on
2. Divide plant into branches. Leave as much stem as possible.
3. Trim everything that doesn't have trichomes on it.
4. Wash and hang
5. When sugar leaves are just starting to get crispy, but not quite, final trim. Usually about 3 days after hanging.
6. Take branches and put in Rubbermaid container. I put a hygrometer in there and leave the lid slightly cracked. RH will shoot up above 60%. Kind of like a giant jar, I'll burp the container, or crack the lid a bit more if RH goes above 70. This slows the drying process down. I'm trying to get it to take 7-10 days before I jar. Fluffy buds make it hard to slow down, but these dense nugs should dry nice and slow.
7. Once the RH in the bin is around 57-60% with the lid completely shut (it's not sealed, so there is still some air exchange) I jar up the buds with a caliber IV hygrometer. If I timed it right, RH in the jars will end up somewhere between 62-68%. One or two burps and she goes in the drawer for as long as I can stand. I won't really smoke any for a couple weeks, sample a nug here and there, but one month and the quality really starts improving.

That's a great method of drying/curing. I get mine to hang for about 10 days averaging right around 60% rh. I also like to wash sugar leaf on the bud and trim it off if needed. I do trim a lot of the buds free of all leaf, and the sugar leaf left over rolls the best joints of any part on the plant. It also grinds up for the vape pretty fast....I mostly smoke those sugar leaves.

I wish I could sit and talk story over a couple hours worth of these last couple you've shown. It would be a memorable experience for sure. Those just look ridiculously good.

Back
Top Bottom