DrZiggy's 1st Journal Featuring High Brix - LEDs & Cool Strains

Hah! A fanatic! My kind of guy. Why can't you and the whole gang, for that matter, live around here? We'd probably spend weedends sitting around a table doing library tastings before, during and after the BBQ.

I haven't done this yet, but I'm told heat sealed mylar bags with light vacu.um is best for cured buds if you want to keep them longer. The people that do this say the buds keep for years as long as the seal is intact.

It would also be interesting to chase all the air out with nitrogen. But that's amazing the colas were still gummy. That's a very good evidence of high brix readings. The buds stay gummy and resilient for a long time. Makes drying easy too, being kinda hard to screw up.

Very in for this...I'll bring the venison, boar, and/or foraged mushrooms. I'd love to see if Lemon Paki pairs well with wild-boar bacon-wrapped abalone-stuffed jalapenos.. :):):)

..too much grape ape tonight. I'm hungry.

I was thinking a good way to store for longer periods would be to use Mason/Ball jars but in conjunction with a vacuum sealer. They have an attachment for Mason/Ball jars, I think that would be the way to go about it.

this works very well, I found :) i need to get a new vacuum sealer since mine doesn't work well.

Hah! A fanatic! My kind of guy. Why can't you and the whole gang, for that matter, live around here? We'd probably spend weedends sitting around a table doing library tastings before, during and after the BBQ.

I haven't done this yet, but I'm told heat sealed mylar bags with light vacu.um is best for cured buds if you want to keep them longer. The people that do this say the buds keep for years as long as the seal is intact.

It would also be interesting to chase all the air out with nitrogen. But that's amazing the colas were still gummy. That's a very good evidence of high brix readings. The buds stay gummy and resilient for a long time. Makes drying easy too, being kinda hard to screw up.

I would love to visit!
I want to taste the Professors' work :)
My grows have been awesome and improving, changing, :) ever since i started with the Kit over a year ago. To taste and try some of the produce I and others here use as inspiration and motivation would be extra special :)

To you Doc, and the others, that continue to give of themselves, that share their knowledge and time! :bravo: :circle-of-love:

Very in for this...I'll bring the venison, boar, and/or foraged mushrooms. I'd love to see if Lemon Paki pairs well with wild-boar bacon-wrapped abalone-stuffed jalapenos.. :):):)

..too much grape ape tonight. I'm hungry.

Speaking of cooking and using herb, anyone that wants a beautiful herb cookbook...its called 'Herb' and features our favorite :) ..its beautifully done!

I got one of the FoodSaver vacuum pumps that work with their two-ply zip-lock bags. You can pick them up for about $12. They are cordless, rechargeable, and work great. The advantages are: cheap, bags can be opened and re-sealed, you control the amount of suckage so you don't have to worry about crushing the produce. I've only started using it recently as I'm waiting for my buds to cure for at least a month before sealing. So far the bags hold the vacuum great. I have them in a spare fridge (dark, cool, sealed).

You guys are going to have a stroke eating all that pork. :laughtwo:

Just read about the 116 year old woman who has been eating bacon every morning for her entire adult life.

Though you shouldn't throw caution to the wind, it is a genetic crap shoot that can determine what you can get away with eating on a regular basis.

I have some DBHB buds with 7+ mos cure in the c-vaults. They were canned March 8th. A cpl zips of HSO Blue Dream and a cpl barney's farm 8bk. I broke out some 8bk just last night. Still gummy and gassy, though some of the volatile terps seem to have diminished slightly. But, it is smooooooooth and will punch you right in the neck.

I know I have really good dope, but it's very rewarding to have my friends tell me that on a regular basis.

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom