Emmie's 6 Plant, True Living Organic, LED Grow Journal

Highya Emmie,

Don't ya love it when the tester bud smoke turns into a nice buzz? Speaks of things to come! Cheers

Hey Emmie - congratulations on the MOTM win :cheer: A just reward for all you do around here for folks, directly and indirectly. Thanks for always spreading the 420 Love
:love: :420::love:

It’s harvest festival everywhere! I am chopping eh first of my summer plants this coming weekend and then one a week for teh next 2 weeks I think. Me and Archie, and Emmie by the sounds of it, will be in duelling harvest modes :slide:

Chop :snowboating: chop!!

First off congrats on the well-deserved award, Emilya!

Second, your harvest looks so good! Thanks for posting all this post harvest information, I love it.
Looking grrrreeeeat :thumb: I’m trying to get better at viewing trichomes. I have a 60-120x scope with an led but it’s so tough to get a good look with my hands all shaking.
I think I have the same scope and my hands shaking was a thing too. But if I have some edibles made from my early-flower trim cannabutter it mellows the shake right outta my hand.
Could be that my tremor is from neuro issues from how many darn concussions I've had though, so your mileage may vary. Kicks the shake out of me though!
I love to see them in jars as much as I do on branches, maybe more.
Right? I'm staring at all my Mason jars that have been inactive for faaaar too long. One day I hope to fill some with bud as good as Emilya's here!
High aspirations :bong:

Con gratulations, Emmie, for being Member of the Month. I believe you deserve it for keeping us all interested in your grow on 420 magazine. I'm learning a lot from your grow methods. Thanks, Cheers

Thank you everyone! I am glad that you all like the journals... maybe one day one of mine will be picked in the competition.

We still have two plants to go yet here on this one ... I still have a late running Jack going into her 10th week and about her second good week of budstretch. She is a fine looking plant even though never getting a good enough start before I rushed her to flower. I doubt she will even hit the 2 oz threshold under these lights.

Same story on the NYC Diesel, probably going to be the heavy stoner hitter of the bunch at her 12 week advertised flowering time, and I suspect longer because of her stunted start. She also has started some bud elongation this last week... we will see what happens there too. She has always been a pretty plant, but she was also rushed into flower considering that she was a long running sativa. She will give me what I deserve for that treatment, also less than 2 oz.

I will get pictures of both of them tomorrow... tonight is just out of the question, I am zonkered. It has been a hectic couple of weeks around here, not just at work but also with all the flooding, sandbagging and preparations for tornado season... I will get a spare moment soon. :peace::love:
:lot-o-toke::reading420magazine::420:

As promised, the two babies left in the tent. Jack is known to be a 9-10 week girl, and just today we start the 10th week. She has been getting fatter and packing on the thrichomes... but she still is not quite ready. She has slowed down her water use though... we are near the end.

jack 10th.png
DSCF7039.JPG

New York City Diesel however is really taking her time. She is starting to pack on some good weight now too as she has clearly hit her last 2 to 3 weeks. She is also developing some nice trichomes, but still no sign of them being mature.

DSCF7042.JPG
nycd 10th week.png
nycd 10th week 2.png

Lastly, we have poor little overgrown Wappa. She has about had it with this treatment and I do believe that I see a few seed pods developing. If she finally dies I will harvest her, but plans are to let her work on this until NYCD is done. I will then harvest all the buds, check them for seeds, and throw them in my soon to arrive magic butter machine!

DSCF7045.JPG

Several things are going on here today, so expect several updates over the next couple of days...

First, I want to get back to the magical shrinking/color change jar. I want to show you how curing is going in there, but also I want to give you a bit of a cautionary tale.

First the money shot... This was a full jar, even packed a little, when I took the first picture of TrainWreck in the jar. This is what she looks like today, after being in the curing range for a week or two. Note that at least 1/3 of the volume has been reduced. The smoke has gotten a lot smoother, but it still has a long ways to go before I would consider it cured.
DSCF7046.JPG

Here is the warning though... you know those 5 packs of humidity meters that you can buy, where the cost per meter is around $3? It should be no surprise to anyone, but you do get what you pay for.
Consistently these meters show between 70-78 RH in a jar with nothing but 62 Boveda packs, whereas my more expensive Caliber II meter shows an accurate 62. Just in this jar with Trainwreck, let me show you 3 different readings... the Caliber II is correct... the other two are simply wild guesses. If someone was relying on one of these cheap meters to do an accurate cure, they would be in trouble.
DSCF7047.JPGDSCF7048.JPGDSCF7049.JPG

Yeah, I can relate to that cautionary tale, I bought 4 or 5 of those little ink bird or whatever hygrometers. Cheap. Got what I paid for, some are good, some are not. I might pick up one or two of the aquarium style hygrometers with the old school dial on it.

Jack came under the knife today, exactly on the start of the 11th week. She was slow to develop amber trichomes at the top, but I believe this was my fault trying to get her to go 19 weeks in a 3 gallon container.... I think she simply ran out of nutrients at the end.
At any rate, she did quite well and surprised me by being the heavyweight to date. Chopped she was a total of 322.6 grams and doing the math this will be 2.56 oz dry/cured. At 11 weeks of flower, she should be a heavy hitter and I look forward to trying her out after drying and curing. I do plan on traditionally curing half of this crop and doing a cob fermented cure on the other half.
Tonight I will put her in the drying tent for at least several days to see how fast she starts drying out.
DSCF7054.JPG
DSCF7053.JPG
DSCF7052.JPG

Back
Top Bottom