Emmie's Organic Garden Using Advanced Lighting Techniques

Congrat's Em! Chop reps.

+ reps on your harvest

I purchased Agromax T5 Pure PAR CFL tubes based on your satisfaction with these lights(and my need for more tubes.)

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Thank you for pointing these out.

Their spectrum is very LED looking :)

20160131_174438-1.jpg

+ reps on your harvest

I purchased Agromax T5 Pure PAR CFL tubes based on your satisfaction with these lights(and my need for more tubes.)

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Thank you for pointing these out.

Their spectrum is very LED looking :)
You are very welcome... let me know what you think of them after a couple of weeks!

Conclusions regarding the 48 hours of dark on this plant... simply 48 more hours of ripening. More side by side tests are needed to compare potency.

After a bit of curing I am realizing that the potency of this last plant (the one that didn't die) that was put in the dark, is off the charts good. This folks, is the best pot I have ever grown. Already after less than a week in the jar, the quality is obvious... this is the first out of my tents that is truly 2 hit pot. I can only imagine what a month in the jar is going to be like.

Now, I don't know if this is due to the 48 hours or that this was the one plant that stayed organic for the entire grow and looked the best. This also was the worst producer weight wise of the group, but the quality can only be summed up with one word, wow.

We are definitely going to try the 48 hour thing again.

After a bit of curing I am realizing that the potency of this last plant (the one that didn't die) that was put in the dark, is off the charts good. This folks, is the best pot I have ever grown. Already after less than a week in the jar, the quality is obvious... this is the first out of my tents that is truly 2 hit pot. I can only imagine what a month in the jar is going to be like.

Now, I don't know if this is due to the 48 hours or that this was the one plant that stayed organic for the entire grow and looked the best. This also was the worst producer weight wise of the group, but the quality can only be summed up with one word, wow.

We are definitely going to try the 48 hour thing again.

:) great report. ty! :love: did you notice any increase in amber? i think my primary interest with the '48-72 hrs' is what it does (if anything) to the 'noids more so than resin or weight production. you nailed it Emlet.. heh. the "wow" factor. that's the foundation of all my chaos lol. i prefer wow over big or more any day. my personal opinion on the long debate is that there are several factors that determine the outcome. i'm sure the dark period plays some sort of role (likely a bio-mechanical signal to stop cell division), but exactly what and how much i truly believe depends on, as you mentioned, conditions of environment and strain.

:Namaste::high-five::Namaste:

:) great report. ty! :love: did you notice any increase in amber? i think my primary interest with the '48-72 hrs' is what it does (if anything) to the 'noids more so than resin or weight production. you nailed it Emlet.. heh. the "wow" factor. that's the foundation of all my chaos lol. i prefer wow over big or more any day. my personal opinion on the long debate is that there are several factors that determine the outcome. i'm sure the dark period plays some sort of role (likely a bio-mechanical signal to stop cell division), but exactly what and how much i truly believe depends on, as you mentioned, conditions of environment and strain.

:Namaste::high-five::Namaste:

at the end of the 2 days in the dark I did notice a bit more amber, but no more than I would have expected 2 more days to have given me. Looking at them now after some curing doesnt show any more amber that I can determine, but the trichomes all seem to be a little longer? This is purely subjective, but that would be the only thing that I can notice that has changed as they have dried. I am starting to think that you are right though, that there is something else happening... something extra. More experiments are needed.

To officially end this grow log, a smoke report.

The Green Crack after about 2 weeks to cure out a bit is divine. The buds have cured to a point where they easily burn in pipe or joints. The initial taste from the thick smoke makes you think of Pine, and about at that moment the head rushes into your brain. This is a strong body high but clearly with a grab at the back of your neck to keep you alert. Expect to get things done when smoking Green Crack... this is going to be one of my favorites of the season.

Tangerine Dream is a pretty bud, with dramatically red pistils and trichomes. The taste is definitely fruity with a sour aftertaste... and it does make you think of tangerines. The high was strong even before being cured out for a while, but now it is lethal. We are talking couch lock city... this stuff is dangerous if you need to get something done. If your desire is to zone out completely and with a very happy smile on your face, completely lose entire blocks of your day... this medicine is for you. Feeling no pain with Tangerine Dream... the world just slip slides away...........

AK-47, the tall one that died. This smoke is just now starting to cure here, it was difficult to dry out evenly and slowly. It is turning into some fine smoke though. It has a very fruity taste and an immediate and strong head high that rapidly morphs into an overall mix of mind and body awareness. I get very productive with this pot, and am very happy conversing and doing things under its long lasting stone. This is a good party pot... I am going to grow out more of this.

AK-47, the pretty one. This was the main focus of the 48 hours of dark experiment. She was a beautiful organically grown plant, the only disappointing thing was the amount of her harvest. She has now cured into some amazing crystallized buds that when lit in the pipe, crackle and pop as the resin explodes. The smoke is thick and hits like a ton of bricks. First you feel it wrapping around your head, right before you realize that the smoke is rapidly expanding in your lungs. This is some serious shit. A guy I respect a lot, and who smokes a lot of pot... a lot of good pot... constantly... he took a big hit off this stuff the other day, sat there for a minute, and then exploded. After he recovered, he said, "damn." Best compliment I have had in a while. :) If you want to get stoned, smoke some well grown AK-47. Good stuff.

We are now well into the next grow. I am growing some LSD in this next round and you can find a link to it in my signature. I also have another of each of our stars this time, the TD, AK47 and GC, as well as a Royal Queen Critical and a Cookies Kush.

Be well everyone, and admin, I guess it is time to move this log to the completed section.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

One last note before I am done with this journal. Tonight we dug deep into the jar that has been curing all this time at exactly 62 RH thanks to Boveda, and we found this amazing gem of a nug.

rightous_bud_jp.jpg

My goodness gracious sakes alive! Wow. This stuff is smooth... tasty... and it blows the top right off of your head. Look at me work here tonight... I am stoked! We will definitely be doing the dark thing at the end again... and taking special care from that point on to really respect the darkness. It has even become clear that the masters harvest first thing in the morning... to avoid the light at the end. I have learned in this grow to pay LOTS more attention to the trichomes, and now know that I tend to over mature my pot. I have learned that it is not so much about amber trichomes as it is reducing the number of damaged trichomes. What damages trichomes more than anything? Light. hmmm. There is something to this darkness thing.

One last note before I am done with this journal. Tonight we dug deep into the jar that has been curing all this time at exactly 62 RH thanks to Boveda, and we found this amazing gem of a nug.

rightous_bud_jp.jpg

My goodness gracious sakes alive! Wow. This stuff is smooth... tasty... and it blows the top right off of your head. Look at me work here tonight... I am stoked! We will definitely be doing the dark thing at the end again... and taking special care from that point on to really respect the darkness. It has even become clear that the masters harvest first thing in the morning... to avoid the light at the end. I have learned in this grow to pay LOTS more attention to the trichomes, and now know that I tend to over mature my pot. I have learned that it is not so much about amber trichomes as it is reducing the number of damaged trichomes. What damages trichomes more than anything? Light. hmmm. There is something to this darkness thing.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom and curiosity.
+reps

(Veg, Month and a Half)

Greetings Fans and Fanettes, it is time for an update... significant things have happened.

First, the two boys have been banished to the love tent. The 12-1 has held them off from doing anything very effectively, but after 24 hours of 12/12, the first boy already looks like he is ready to pop with his first load of pollen... the switch is going to be extremely rapid with these plants, that is for sure. There will be no need or desire to start them out with a period of darkness... they are ready to go as soon as I quit waking them up in the middle of the night.

DSCF4849boy.JPG
DSCF4848love_tent.JPG

Then not to be outdone, the girls demanded glamor shots, even though still only our frisky harlett of an AK is showing pistils. All the girls are getting bigger and wider by the day.

AK-47 (miss frisky)
DSCF4854ak2.JPG

AK-47 #2
DSCF4855ak.JPG

Green Crack
DSCF4853td.JPG

Tangerine Dream
DSCF4852gc.JPG

Here is a side view of the GC and the TD so you can see their node development. I love the internodal spacing, not too short and not to stretchy... still the tallest plants are only about a foot tall.
DSCF4856side_gctd.JPG

Lastly, the wet/dry cycle is definitely shortening. Three of the oldest plants went down to 4 days. The green crack shortened to 5 days. Because this is super soil (a living entity) I am not drying them out completely, but I am trying to get them 90% dry before watering.
Hey Emilya - just wondering what is covering to pots at the base of the plant? Looks like fabric softening sheets like you toss in the clothes dryer. Is that to keep crawly critters out? Thanx!

Hey Emilya - just wondering what is covering to pots at the base of the plant? Looks like fabric softening sheets like you toss in the clothes dryer. Is that to keep crawly critters out? Thanx!
Yes indeed! We found that the chemicals in the dryer sheets helped keep the gnats and whiteflies away
Pineapple Chunk Mega Crop Test - Grow Journal

Thanks for stopping by TheCelt, and for the suggestion to add this link. It was done immediately upon reading your comment, thank you.

Considering the price of nutes and other designer soils, the super soil was not all that bad to put together. First I found a smaller recipe and instead of making a pickup load of the stuff like SubCool suggested, I made a mini batch... just enough for two 4 or 5 plant runs in 5 gallon buckets. I used cheap locally available compost to mix with a cheap commercial organic soil for my base, and my total cost for the rest of the stuff that I couldnt get locally, like the Epsom Salts, cost me about $100 through Amazon... delivered right to my maildrop location. I would have spent at least that much on nutes and other supplies for 2 runs anyway, and then there is the fact that this soil will be re-used to consider. I am not so sure that SuperSoil done right and kept viable, is going to be all that expensive, and the longer I am able to use it, the cheaper it gets.
I have been reading on here about the organic stuff... matter of fact, that is what got me active on 420mag... I have been lurking on here since 2011, but never posted until recently.
High Emilya, If it is not to much to ask would it be possible to get your small mini batch recipe. Thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom