Emmie's Feminised Seeds: Super Iced Grapefruit, 2016 Journal

Here we go with a new one... A plant that I started 6 days ago is doing pretty well, so lets start up a journal so that anyone thinking about this strain can get some idea what she looks like. This will be an organic soil grow. She was started out in a solo cup, layered with supersoil in the bottom third, organic base soil next, and organic seed starter soil on the top.

From the stats and picture at Gorilla Seed Bank:
super-iced-grapefruit-feminized.jpeg

Cannabis Genetics - diesel x chronic
Savage Potency with a 22% THC Rating - Wow!
Yield - 650 gm/m2 Dry

Mainly Indica

Cost - 1 seed - $12.53 usd.

super_iced_grapefruit.JPG

DSCF5467.JPG

This girl has been a pleasure to grow so far and has by far been my least troublesome of this round's veggies. She was transplanted today, into a 3 quart container, and I suspect that she will be moving to a 7 gallon smart pot before the next month is done.

Today she was carefully transplanted into a bottom layer of 9 month old super soil that has been used at least once, and has had all organic matter added back to it all of this time. On top of that and surrounding the solo cup root ball is a 50/50 mix of super soil and a base organic soil. Also, before popping the rootball down in the solo cup sized hole I made for her, I sprinkled a 1/8 teaspoon of Great White Mycorrhizae down in there, for killer roots. As for all the plants this round, she also got four nutrient spikes, made by mixing dry nutrients, drilling a hole with a dowel down through the container, and then filling that hole up with the mix. I have never done this before, so it is going to be interesting to see what difference this makes in late veg/early flower.

DSCF5467.JPG

This girl has been a pleasure to grow so far and has by far been my least troublesome of this round's veggies. She was transplanted today, into a 3 quart container, and I suspect that she will be moving to a 7 gallon smart pot before the next month is done.

Today she was carefully transplanted into a bottom layer of 9 month old super soil that has been used at least once, and has had all organic matter added back to it all of this time. On top of that and surrounding the solo cup root ball is a 50/50 mix of super soil and a base organic soil. Also, before popping the rootball down in the solo cup sized hole I made for her, I sprinkled a 1/8 teaspoon of Great White Mycorrhizae down in there, for killer roots. As for all the plants this round, she also got four nutrient spikes, made by mixing dry nutrients, drilling a hole with a dowel down through the container, and then filling that hole up with the mix. I have never done this before, so it is going to be interesting to see what difference this makes in late veg/early flower.

Good day Emilya! I've been watching a lot of people here use Great White with outstanding results, I'm going to have to get me some of that.
Nutrient spikes did you make those yourself? If so what are you using and how often are you planning on adding new spikes to your pots?

Good day Emilya! I've been watching a lot of people here use Great White with outstanding results, I'm going to have to get me some of that.
Nutrient spikes did you make those yourself? If so what are you using and how often are you planning on adding new spikes to your pots?

Hi hydro! The Great White seems to make a huge difference every time I have remembered to use it. This time, everyone got it, so we should see some amazing results.

Nutrient spikes are apparently wonderful things. I have never tried it before, but it makes a lot of sense. I use those Jobe plant spikes in the outdoor garden on my tomatoes, and they seem to work really well. Thinking about using these in an organic soil seems to be a perfect idea since the soil is being used over and over again; it will help in keeping the soil alive for the next round since a lot of this stuff can't possibly break down in just one grow season.

I plan on putting new spikes in each new container I move to. I have labeled 2 new storage bins, Flower and Veg Spike Mix and will be sure to keep this mix on hand from now on. The next move for these plants will be to their final containers, and I will repeat the spike process over there, so essentially the final plant will have 8 spikes... 4 concentrating on veg, and the 4 or even 6 new ones providing nutrients for bloom.

for veg I used:
2 parts blood meal
1 part bone meal
1 part kelp meal
1 part high N bat guano
(Rev also suggests to use the following components that I did not have on hand: 1 part feather meal, 1/4 part oyster shell)

for bloom I will use:
1 part organic bulb food 3-8-8
2 parts high N bat guano
1 part bone meal
1 part kelp meal
1 part soft rock phosphate
1/4 part Azomite
and again, suggested by not available at this moment, and still working on getting it before flower:
2 parts feather meal
1/4 part oyster shell

Hope this helps! It is these little things, like understanding layering and spikes that really seem to be fine tuning my grows. I know what I want to see happen in my tents, and every week I get a little bit closer to actually making it happen. I might even get good at this one of these days! I hope you are enjoying this as much as I am!

Hi hydro! The Great White seems to make a huge difference every time I have remembered to use it. This time, everyone got it, so we should see some amazing results.

Nutrient spikes are apparently wonderful things. I have never tried it before, but it makes a lot of sense. I use those Jobe plant spikes in the outdoor garden on my tomatoes, and they seem to work really well. Thinking about using these in an organic soil seems to be a perfect idea since the soil is being used over and over again; it will help in keeping the soil alive for the next round since a lot of this stuff can't possibly break down in just one grow season.

I plan on putting new spikes in each new container I move to. I have labeled 2 new storage bins, Flower and Veg Spike Mix and will be sure to keep this mix on hand from now on. The next move for these plants will be to their final containers, and I will repeat the spike process over there, so essentially the final plant will have 8 spikes... 4 concentrating on veg, and the 4 or even 6 new ones providing nutrients for bloom.

for veg I used:
2 parts blood meal
1 part bone meal
1 part kelp meal
1 part high N bat guano
(Rev also suggests to use the following components that I did not have on hand: 1 part feather meal, 1/4 part oyster shell)

for bloom I will use:
1 part organic bulb food 3-8-8
2 parts high N bat guano
1 part bone meal
1 part kelp meal
1 part soft rock phosphate
1/4 part Azomite
and again, suggested by not available at this moment, and still working on getting it before flower:
2 parts feather meal
1/4 part oyster shell

Hope this helps! It is these little things, like understanding layering and spikes that really seem to be fine tuning my grows. I know what I want to see happen in my tents, and every week I get a little bit closer to actually making it happen. I might even get good at this one of these days! I hope you are enjoying this as much as I am!

Thanks for that Emilya, great stuff!!
All this new knowledge, I can't wait to read his book and get a little more understanding on these techniques.

SIG has been getting a lot bigger since moving to the 3q container, but she is insisting on remaining short. Although she is on her 5th node and building the 6th, I have waited for this last one to grow out just a bit more before cutting it. We will not be going for bushes on this round, but I still can't justify running all these lights for 6 simple plants growing vertically... so everyone is going to get pinched at least twice, and probably 3 times before we flip that switch. Super Iced Grapefruit has been so far a pleasure to grow, and has been the least problematic of all those currently in the tent.

SIG10.JPG

Hello my wonderful mentor! I finally get to follow one of the masters in action! So exciting! She looks marvelous!! 

Hi bigliv, and welcome to 420magazine! I am sure you will like it much better here! Follow my links, see the other things I am doing too! If you follow my LSD journal from the beginning you will see some of my first missteps in organic growing... and hopefully we can help you avoid making the same mistakes.

Looking good! Wish I could show you my grow, but I can't figure this site out are you mainlining? Looks like it! I really enjoy your threads!

Looking good! Wish I could show you my grow, but I can't figure this site out are you mainlining? Looks like it! I really enjoy your threads!
Thanks bigliv... there is a tutorial on the uploading photos thing... its not that hard once you figure it out, just more complicated than most places. I still put things in the wrong place sometimes, but they quickly notify you and get things moved to where they need to be.
As far as mainlining goes, I really don't think I can call it that since I wait till the 4th or 5th node to start the first trimming. I just call it aggressive training, and I try to time most of it for when the plants really want to stretch, in an effort to keep them short.

Back
Top Bottom