Emmie's Delicious Seeds: Sugar Black Rose, 2016 Journal

Here she is at day 48... almost done!

sbr_a_week_away.JPG

In for the chop heh

Been catching up on your journals. I like the way you grow.

Cheers! :peace::passitleft:

Thank you Rascio! We are getting very close to the chop. We are at day 51 of 53 right now, and I don't see that she is quite done yet either. Somewhere in the next week to 10 days though, for sure. She is chunking up and starting to spiral now... just waiting on the trichomes and a bit more color.

sbr512.JPG
sbr51.JPG
sbr513.JPG

(HARVEST WINDOW, Day 54 of 53)

We are nearing the end, but she is still not there. Looking closely at the trichomes, the color of the flowers at the top and the overall bud tightness... she is still not ready. Any day now, that could change. She gets water again tonight... needing it every other day now. I have also reduced temperature in the grow room and I am now attempting to keep it in the low 70's in there to bring out the fall colors. Already some are starting to show us some surprises, and of course with those vibrant colors will come vibrant flavors too. I am starting to get excited!

sbr_4_.JPG

sbr6.JPG

sbr_2_1.JPG

sugarblackrosetrichomeshot.JPG

(day 59 of 53)

I was seriously starting to wonder if I have suddenly gone blind. Try as I might, my and my little loup could not find any amber on this plant... until today. :)

There it was, starting to come in on some of the mid level buds. The plant is not lying to me... still some white pistils at the top, and still no amber up there... but it is going to be any day now. Several of us in the house are anxious for this new batch... she is being checked several times a day. :)

Great pics Emmie, that's some amazing buds on her. I've come across this situation too, brand new white pistils but nearing 30-40%amber on the mids. Like you said trichs don't lie, let the anticipation build a little more. It will be that much more satisfying... :thumb:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

I kicked the 2nd light on early for their "day" last night... 1200w of multi-source multi-spectrum light for 8 of the 12 hours...

and it was effective!

Saw my first amber up top when I checked. This is good. They are sleeping now. We will check right at lights on, at 10pm this evening, but I am thinking one more day. Almost all of the pistils have turned now too... still a couple of white ones here and there, syncing up well with the amber. Buds have really swelled up too and thrown on extra weight. These last few days are so critical, and yet so many gardeners run out of patience, right here.

The plan is when I see 5% amber at the top, she gets 36 hours of darkness... to die. She will put her all into her death. The trichomes will lengthen. The buds will swell a little more. She will pump out all of her fragrance, trying in a last ditch effort to draw a pollinator, even in her death. Then, and only then... I will harvest, her life energy having been transferred to me, to preserve in the cure and to give to those in need.

Alright! Finally! Day 62 of 53, and I have spotted my first amber at the very top, and coincidentally, almost all of the pistils have now changed color or at least folded over. She is going into 36 hours of darkness in 55 minutes, at the end of her day cycle.

The others appear to be running late too. This can only mean one thing. The MH that I moved in there to take these nice pictures at the end, is weak. I need a new bulb. For now, I am going to put a new 600w HPS in there to finish this out. I really liked that Hortilux Blue MH bulb though... grew some good smoke with it. $110... ouch.

DSCF58952.JPG

DSCF5894.JPG

DSCF58931.JPG

The harvesting crew just reported to me that their task has been completed and that 2 plants this morning that have been sitting in the dark for about 45 hours have been cut, trimmed and hung to dry, and waiting for me to inspect when I get home from work. Apparently, neither my Dad nor my Brother have any idea how to work my camera correctly, and every one of the bud shots was out of focus and pretty terrible. They did manage to take a shot of the love tent with the two crops hung up... my AK47xGreen Crack cross in the front, weighing in at 222.5g or 1.96 oz projected dry, and our Sugar Black Rose in the back, weighing in at 321.7g or a projected 2.83 oz dry.

DSCF5924.JPG

I will get some pictures as the buds go the the drying process in the next week... never fear, we will get you a good picture of what these buds turned out like.

Lining up these harvest, poor trimming crew. I hope they're getting overtime pay. Sorry if I just gave them big ideas... Great looking harvest they certainly did a good job. Pictures are just a bonus. Congrats Emmie another fine strain made to be all that it can. Not sure if I can give more reps yet...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Do you weigh the pots and all? How do you go from 3/4 pound to 2 ounces?
The black is meant to be a nice strain. Let us know how it smokes up

My perpetual grow journal #1.

Wet weight to dry weight. She's estimating just under 25% of wet weight will be her dry/cured harvest. 22-25% is about right. So after harvest and trim, weigh the buds wet. Then you know about what your dry will be.

I will be sure to end this journal with a smoke report... already she is strong... can't wait to see what happens after a decent cure.

And yep, Heirloom nailed it. I have even been known to weigh it after simply stripping all the big leaves but before trimming... there the formula is (wet weight - 10%) / 4. Then it depends on the mass of the buds, if they are big and sticky, you get more, light and airy gives you much less.

Back
Top Bottom