Emmie's Feminised Seeds: Super Iced Grapefruit, 2016 Journal

Here we are a week later... let's see if we can see any new growth. The wet dry cycle is still off the scale, and I have only watered twice since the transplant so far. Patience will win out and I will get her to fill out this 7 gallon smart pot with roots by forcing her to dry out... even if it takes 5 or 6 days between waterings. She will soon get with business and I suspect that I will see the wet/dry cycle get down to 3 days very soon.

For now since our primary concern is building roots and new growth tips, the plants need a lot of rest time. The gas-lantern-routine 12-1 is perfect for this, and saves on the power bill too, at least for now.

Here she is today... we have doubled the number of growth tips this week:

DSCF56501.JPG

Everything is going so well that we have decided that going too much further in veg will cause us crowding problems in the bloom tent, so we are flipping the switch tomorrow! SIG had turned out to be a gangly girl and will likely need to be netted to be able to hold her eventual top weight... but we are ready for her and her amazing number of bud sites. I expect some good things out of this monster!

sigf-1.JPG

(flower, day 28)

Up until about 2 days ago, SIG has been one of the most well behaved plants I have ever grown... a little leggy...

Well, she outdid herself after the last watering and really put some weight on those buds. Well, you can guess what happens to a tall and naturally sprawling plant when that extra weight starts coming on... she pretty much leaned over. Luckily she leaned toward the plant next to her and stayed there, the spirit of mutual cooperation being strong in Emmie's garden, but it was obvious as soon as I opened the tent that she was going to need help. A record number of bamboo stakes later, and I had her mostly tamed and back vertical. This one is probably going to need some more help before we are done... she seems serious about building some too heavy to hold up buds. It is ok, mama Emmie is here to help.

Here she is this morning, under flash lighting... and looking much better. It seems that big helping of dandelion extract last night burned her a little too... got to watch that. We will smooth things out next time with a good compost tea.

iced_grapefruit_73.JPG

(flower, day 38)

SIG has been tamed by tying her up in a corset and having a stern talk with her about being overly leggy. She has calmed down nicely and has adjusted to being bunched up, like a champ. In the last 5 days or so, she has started to show some trichomes and some fatter buds. The watering method has just been switched to bloom mode, and I am forcing water at them every 2 days and they are really starting to build fast. So far, 4 gallons is producing run off across the 6 plants, and I expect to see this water need go up to at least 6 gallons every cycle in the next 2 weeks. SIG has suffered from no multi-cycle deficiencies, all leaves even at the bottom are still a healthy green, with the only dead and sloughed off leaves as a result of going all the way to the wilt between waterings in early flower. Overall, I am very please with how this grow is going, and I can proudly say that all nutrients and supplements so far have been totally natural and homemade, and at this point I have to note that this grow is healthier than any commercial nutrient grow I have ever done. Here are the pictures!

SIG38.JPG
sig383.JPG
sig382.JPG

(flower, day 45 of 56)

SIG is starting to mature now, the buds are all getting frosty and starting to swell up as we have now hit the 2 week window before harvest. As of last night, she went on a water only diet, and we should see her really pouring it on from here on out. She is not going to be a huge producer, but there is going to be some quality in these buds for sure.

sig45.JPG

Looking good bud. Pity this journal hasn't received more attention. It's clear you know what you are doing.

I'm here for the end brother. :goodjob:

I want to show u my stuff but this site really puts me off

It is just huge is all bigliv... and that is one of the things I like about being here. Even someone such as I, can fade into anonymity in a place as busy as this one. On all the other boards I have been on, I tend to have a spotlight shining on me as one of the most prolific growers and writers on the board... here, not so much. I like that, especially living in a place where legalities are not quite figured out yet. Those who wish to follow my work can do so... but it is not like I am flashing neon signs saying, notice me... over here... hey, you! This site isnt like that... and I have no great need to promote myself, at least not until I am able to get the legal dispensary going.

Surprise! SIG is done this morning too, on day 62 of 56! She looks beautiful... this is going to be good! She has just gone into 36 hours of darkness to contemplate her death. It will be glorious.

Incidentally, she finished right along with Sugar Black Rose and my AK47xGreen Crack hybrid... it is getting exciting around here! Still waiting on the Knockout and the Acapulco Golds.

DSCF5898.JPG

DSCF5897.JPG

DSCF58962.JPG

Nice work. Mind if I have a seat? :yummy:

Almost over now, but yes, please stay for the finish and welcome! We are still going to compare pictures after 36 hours of darkness to see her last push, and then she will be moved to the drying bin for a nice long 5 or 6 day dry before heading off to the curing jars.

Never fear though, even though this one is ending, there are still plenty of projects being documented here at Emmie's Gardens.

Back
Top Bottom