Equanimity's First Grow - Lemon Kush - Canna Coco - CFL

Scrog Mesh

So i sat and made a scrog mesh out of twistix and flower sticks.
If the measurements on the pack are correct then she is 24" x 24" and comprises 23 flower sticks interlaced.
Each of the 132 cross sections was individually attached by hand which was a fucking bastard to be quite frank.
She has 110 squares through which i can pull plant matter, in a pinch i might be able to get away with using the outer edges which gives me another 50 spaces give or take (that figure includes the short ones and the corners which i might not be able to use)

tmp_IMG_20140510_233606-158777112.jpg

I'm wondering if i can get away with all four plants under this or should i maybe stick with two?

I had 3 plants, 2 turned out to be male and I got lucky when I look back. I couldn't imagine fitting in anything else. Maybe if you do 2 week veg or 12/12 from seed

what i might do is throw two of them into the wardrobe with the auto and try it with two plants and see how that goes. or look into a third grow space.. there's no shortage of wardrobes in this house and if I'm scrogging downstairs i might not need much side lighting if i keep my canopy neat...

some options to mull over.

either way, thanks for helping me avoid walking into a door there.

So, i have a bit of a problem with my fifth plant; "Cameron's Britain".
I always believed that people grow into their names and this plant is no exception. My others seem fine and I'm so glad they're safe all the way downstairs.

Aside from stunted growth (it's still a half inch seedling with one set of serrated leaves) there's also a mould issue.

It's taken a long time to try to get as clear a photo of the issue with my shitty camera phone but here it is:

tmp_IMG_20140511_184703-657385772.jpg

The top of the coir is entirely covered by this fuzz. It's definitely not roits.

Two days ago i sprayed it with Neem Oil (8% neem, rest water).
Someone somewhere said it worked but this seems to have had the opposite effect.

My girlfriend is due to bring me some H2O2 which I'm dithering over using.

Any ideas, anyone?

Greetings, Earthling. Skimmed through your journal. Hope you don't mind that I just hopped around instead of reading it through. May I say :bravo: !!! All the thought you put into this makes me blush at my confident plunging in feet first. I have a new crackpot idea about keeping the girls cool. A kind guru pointed out that my plants need saucers, and once I get those, I can put frozen bottles of water in the saucers to keep excess water, therefore the roots cool on hot days. You know my problem with space, so my brain kangaroo hopped to this. (Try not to laugh) What about a couple ice cubes of nute water? OK, laugh now.

Crap, sorry, I thought I was posting in another part of your journal.

i have a run off tray underneath the rack the plants live on, it would be possible to throw some ice cubes in though the melt might raise the humidity. it's worth a bash i guess.

For the mould issue I thinks its appearing worse because your just adding to the issue with more moisture. Dry the pots out somehow then try to treat with neem. Just my thoughts cheers.

like, just neem on it's own? dunno what neem oil usually looks like but mine is thick and yellow like custard.

I agree with stumped. The mold will thrive in damp conditions as it is essential to their life. If possible (without harming your plant) try to go a bit longer before watering and let the top of your soil dry out like a brick. Do this a few times and i believe the mold will die off since its mostly made of water. Just remember, after letting your soil dry out to such an extreme, be sure to water good and maybe use a drop of dawn soap to act as a wetting agent. The soil will not want to retain the water if not.

Greetings, Earthling. Skimmed through your journal. Hope you don't mind that I just hopped around instead of reading it through. May I say :bravo: !!! All the thought you put into this makes me blush at my confident plunging in feet first. I have a new crackpot idea about keeping the girls cool. A kind guru pointed out that my plants need saucers, and once I get those, I can put frozen bottles of water in the saucers to keep excess water, therefore the roots cool on hot days. You know my problem with space, so my brain kangaroo hopped to this. (Try not to laugh) What about a couple ice cubes of nute water? OK, laugh now.

Crap, sorry, I thought I was posting in another part of your journal.

I dont know if i understood correctly but making ice cubes with nute water to feed the plant would likely shock them. They cant handle temps that cold.

thanks guys :)

what's fucking me up for that plan is getting the coir to dry out in the first place. because the plant appears to have just stopped growing (looks healthy enough, just literally stalled), none of the water is even being used.

what pisses me off is that all the plants have been treated the same way, yet this is the only one that's being a pig.

the only thing i can think of doing is to repot it, which would most likely kill it.

also, the ice cubes thing as suggested as a method to cool down the room downstairs, i wouldn't dream of using it as a method of feeding plants.

I think he was suggesting to use ice cubes to feed them, i knew you werent doing that lol. So you cant get your coir to dry out? We need more suggestions because i dont think repotting will solve this one. I really have no clue but i think if you repot you will be just moving your plant and the mold to a new container. I dont see how that would destroy the mold, just my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom