Equanimity's First Grow - Lemon Kush - Canna Coco - CFL

That's me subbed,love ur setup.uve clearly put a lot of thought in2 it:blunt::blunt::blunt:

thanks man. it's an ever changing setup cos I'm still learning, eventually I'll have something resembling a proper grow room that utilises the space available. I'm going to remove the bitch rack soon and I'm working on a mesh for a "scrog" which I'm hoping will cover the 4 plants but if not I'll just scrog 2 of them and mainline the other two. it's a perpetual work in progress.

Yea u gotta get those temps under control. I had the same issue with my grown. Fixed it by routing intake and exhaust ducting out of a near by window. Not sure if that's an option for u

Yea u gotta get those temps under control. I had the same issue with my grown. Fixed it by routing intake and exhaust ducting out of a near by window. Not sure if that's an option for u

unfortunately a window is pretty far away from me, the grow space is basically in the core of the house. i should have 220CFM of output and about half that of intake on monday afternoon (was hoping the fans would be delivered today ffs), in the mean time I've been leaving the door open overnight which brings me down to about 26 celcius, which is workable. There are two nights (last night and tonight) where toe door must be locked up tight so if any problems arise it'll be tonight. Just checked in on them and there's a slight upcurl in the edges of the leaves but nothing that can't be reversed over the coming week.

unfortunately a window is pretty far away from me, the grow space is basically in the core of the house. i should have 220CFM of output and about half that of intake on monday afternoon (was hoping the fans would be delivered today ffs), in the mean time I've been leaving the door open overnight which brings me down to about 26 celcius, which is workable. There are two nights (last night and tonight) where toe door must be locked up tight so if any problems arise it'll be tonight. Just checked in on them and there's a slight upcurl in the edges of the leaves but nothing that can't be reversed over the coming week.

Hopefully the fans work. I ordered two fans and all it did was move around hot air

Hopefully the fans work. I ordered two fans and all it did was move around hot air

these are computer case fans, I've got two air vents on the grow room door so I'll put the most powerful fans on the top vent to pull air out of the room and the other fans on the bottom to pull cool air in, cos heat rises and co2 falls, so I'm hoping this aporoach will help.

these are computer case fans, I've got two air vents on the grow room door so I'll put the most powerful fans on the top vent to pull air out of the room and the other fans on the bottom to pull cool air in, cos heat rises and co2 falls, so I'm hoping this aporoach will help.

That sounds good. As long as the ur pulling in cool air. If ur pulling In the same temp ur pulling out the it won't do u much good

That sounds good. As long as the ur pulling in cool air. If ur pulling In the same temp ur pulling out the it won't do u much good

the temperature in the room I'll be pulling air from is pretty low; to the point of cold feet in thick socks, it's easy enough to regulate the temperature in that room, the grow room is a different world, the heat hits you when you open the door. If this doesn't work though I'll need to explore alternative ideas. It's 12pm now so the lights are out til 6; that should give them time to cool off a bit, also i can have the door open from 8pm to midnight aswell, so then they'll have 12 hours in the sauna, after that i can keep the door open permanently for the next two weeks if i need to.

the temperature in the room I'll be pulling air from is pretty low; to the point of cold feet in thick socks, it's easy enough to regulate the temperature in that room, the grow room is a different world, the heat hits you when you open the door. If this doesn't work though I'll need to explore alternative ideas. It's 12pm now so the lights are out til 6; that should give them time to cool off a bit, also i can have the door open from 8pm to midnight aswell, so then they'll have 12 hours in the sauna, after that i can keep the door open permanently for the next two weeks if i need to.

Yea my temps ran from 91f- 103f and they survived. Now the temps barely get over 83f from that fresh air outside. I used to most the room ever couple hrs. Since ur temps te so high I know the humidity has to be very low

Yea my temps ran from 91f- 103f and they survived. Now the temps barely get over 83f from that fresh air outside. I used to most the room ever couple hrs. Since ur temps te so high I know the humidity has to be very low

yeah the humidity is in the low 20s most of the time, I'm anticipating that if i can get the temp down the humidity will come up in response.

That's exactly what happened when I fixed my heat issues. I was at 35c at best and my humidity was 20% at best. Now I'm down in the 25c range and my humidity jumped backup to 40%.

i hope i get such results. with the door open now I'm sitting with a steady 28.5c at 45% Relative Homunculus. The leaf curling issue appears to have gone away with the girls all looking mighty fine and shivering gently in the breeze from the deskfan in the corner.

Currently I'm building a Scrog Mesh.. I've been unable to find anything suitable so I'm making a lattice out of the sticks you use to hold plants up. They're green and so is the twistix I'm using to bind them so before i even get any flora in it, it's already a screen of quite substantial green.

I had thought about using fishing net but it's too floppy and metal seems too hard plus i imagine it'd conduct heat right into the vegetation and kill my grow stone dead, so wood seems to be the balance for me.

This scrog mesh will probably only service two plants so I'm gonna go ahead with the flux/mainline thing on the other two and position those at the front of the grow room for accessibility. The bitch rack might have to leave so i can position the runoff tray horizontally. The individual saucers will go aswell as their only purpose is to channel water between the steel racks to prevent rusting.

my second grow (the auto speed bud) is in a wardrobe facing my bed, the light pours out through the crack. it can be annoying if i move my head into the bright beam lol won't be long before i start having "walk into the light" dreams

Carol-ann !!!!!... Stay away from light :tokin::tokin:

Hi there.... What an awesome compact little grow room you have now..

I love the recycle and reuse ethos too... Reminds me of someone else :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

Good luck and sub'd

:peace:

Thank you :) Yeah it's a bit on the small side, but I've taken over a wardrobe in the bedroom and i hope to expand into the roof space as soon as i can gather the requesite equipment. I've not looked in it yet, I'm hoping it's decked but I'm expecting beams and insulation, so I'll need a ton of wood aswell.

i do like to recycle, reuse or repurpose when i can; i try to think less about what i don't have and more about what i do have. My partner is the opposite, she buys candles to use as ornaments ffs. drives her nuts when i take off the pretty packaging and light them lol

i don't even know what's in mine, alls i know is, it's huge. i could get so many plants in there. it could become a proper operation.

time to go skip surfing in the financial district.. office refurb waste for some of those suspended ceiling light fittings. that'd be aces lol

Back
Top Bottom