Equanimity's First Grow - Lemon Kush - Canna Coco - CFL

Nice start. If you do end up with heat issues. Just cut 2 holes in the walls on either side. One at the top and one at the bottom. Stick a PC fan in the one uptop as exhaust and it will cool the hell out of that small space.

I'm working with about the same as you with a bit more headway is all. I just crammed a 1000w hps in there lol

I've got two air vents in the main growroom, one has an extractijg PC fan attached which so far has brought the temps down 1c, so I'm back to the drawing board on that. I'll have it sorted eventually though :) thank you

I've got two air vents in the main growroom, one has an extractijg PC fan attached which so far has brought the temps down 1c, so I'm back to the drawing board on that. I'll have it sorted eventually though :) thank you

I hate to always refer to my grow but did you see what i did with my ac and a little piping? If i didnt have my ac hooked up it gets up to the high 80s low 90s. Glad to see the rest of your sprouts came up. Are you getting some size to your ealry ones?

my early ones have all started getting their first true leaves now; helmet heads are gone and the shells disposed of. i don't have an AC so I'm exploring other options for heat management; I'm thinking of some DIY carbon filter between the two upper vent covers and then put two extracting high cfm fans on the inside.

my early ones have all started getting their first true leaves now; helmet heads are gone and the shells disposed of. i don't have an AC so I'm exploring other options for heat management; I'm thinking of some DIY carbon filter between the two upper vent covers and then put two extracting high cfm fans on the inside.

Hmmm, well i saw where you said you have the 2 vents, what is there location? In an ideal setup you would want a vent on top pulling the heat out and one near the bottom blowing cooler air in. I wouldny worry about a carbon filter just yet, it will only add resistance to the air flow. You would obviously want it on the vent pulling the hot air out, but right now i would focus on your temps. You have some time before they get stinky.

i have a vent at the bottom of the door and one at the top of it (the top one is new, i bought vents and cut the hole myself), the extractor is at the top (an asus twocool fan with piss poor CFM)

i want to get the heat management and filtration nailed down in one go so that i don't have to deal with the heat issue twice, as would be the case if i just sorted the heat now and left filtration until later.

i have a vent at the bottom of the door and one at the top of it (the top one is new, i bought vents and cut the hole myself), the extractor is at the top (an asus twocool fan with piss poor CFM)

i want to get the heat management and filtration nailed down in one go so that i don't have to deal with the heat issue twice, as would be the case if i just sorted the heat now and left filtration until later.

Google scythe kaze 120mm fans. 130 cfm but they feel like a lot more. I had a bunch mleft over from when I use to be into water cooling computers.
Good fans and move serious air. Cheaper then a inline fan.

Day 13

So, my seeds have been in the pots a week give or take a few hours; I've had sprouts for the past three days and all five plants have their first set of true leaves. The tallest seedling is Christine Kochanski at two inches.

I have not watered them since i dropped the seeds. The soil feels dry in places and damp in others. I'm wondering if now is a good time, or wait for some yellowing?

edit: found a Rose Chafer in the grow cupboard, not sure how he got there but he's dead now. it's a shame to destroy such a beautiful beetle but I'm not having the fucker eating my crop. The cheeky bastard was just cruising through mounds of diatamaceous earth like it was nothing.

Day 13

So, my seeds have been in the pots a week give or take a few hours; I've had sprouts for the past three days and all five plants have their first set of true leaves. The tallest seedling is Christine Kochanski at two inches.

I have not watered them since i dropped the seeds. The soil feels dry in places and damp in others. I'm wondering if now is a good time, or wait for some yellowing?

edit: found a Rose Chafer in the grow cupboard, not sure how he got there but he's dead now. it's a shame to destroy such a beautiful beetle but I'm not having the fucker eating my crop. The cheeky bastard was just cruising through mounds of diatamaceous earth like it was nothing.

For clones and new seedlings I usually water once I see the top of the soil is dry. And then I water lightly. Usually need to do this every 3-4 days. If it starts yellowing that means its time for some light nutes.
You will have wet spots and dry spots with young plants until the roots fill in abit.

when you say lightly, do you mean maybe 100/200ml per pot or should i mist them slightly with the spray bottle?
Lightly meaning about 1/4 of a usual watering for the size pot. So for a 2-3 gallon pot I'd say yes about 100 to 200ml. If you haven't watered for a week, I would say its about time to give them some h20. Remember to pH between 6.5 and 7.0

How big of pot are you using at the moment?

When I start seedlings or clones I usually do it in a 18oz solo cup till I get a nice rootball. About 5 to 6 inch tall before transplant. So the amount of water at this point for me, I would guess is no more then 50ml. Per plant.

these pots are no more than 2 litres, i didn't do small pots because i didn't want to have to do a transition later. the coco was pH'd and left to drain out for 10 minutes before i dropped the seeds, this was on april 30th. I have a few litres of water relaxing in a jug in the kitchen that I'll pH and give them tonight, I'll give them about 150ml each

i normally aim for pH 6, i read a lot of information which suggests going as high as 6.5 but when i aim for that i end up in the 7s or 8s (or that one time the test came out purple).

I have a question...

My lighting schedule was ON: 06:00, OFF: 0:00 but for personal reasons i changed this to ON: 18:00 OFF: 12:00, to facilitate this i gave the plants an extended ON period. will this adversely affect my plants? i thought about an extended OFF period but i was worried about the tiny seedlings freaking out and going into flowering mode whilst still 2 inches tall.

I have a question...

My lighting schedule was ON: 06:00, OFF: 0:00 but for personal reasons i changed this to ON: 18:00 OFF: 12:00, to facilitate this i gave the plants an extended ON period. will this adversely affect my plants? i thought about an extended OFF period but i was worried about the tiny seedlings freaking out and going into flowering mode whilst still 2 inches tall.

As long as you didnt give them an extended period of darkness to change your schedule. In your situation i would have let them come on at 0600 and then let them run until the next day for your 1200 off time. That way the light was on longer than nomal rather than dark longer. Well atleast with your new schedule the lights will be on at night making it easier to regulate temperature. I would have done that schedule if i didnt sleep in the same room. I have a small leak where light escapes and then the fans arent very quiet. Are they all doing good?

they appear to be doing well. i gave them each 120mls of pH'd water just to top them up a little since they've been without for a week. they're in their dark period now so I'm not able to check on them until 6pm now.

when i flip them i plan to do their 12 hours of darkness between 8am and 8pm, which should help with my temps a little.

Back
Top Bottom