Equanimity's First Grow - Lemon Kush - Canna Coco - CFL

Kochanski.. she's well stacked lol

The canopy is nowhere near as even as I'd have liked but nearly a fortnight into flowing, there's no time to modify it now. Whatever i cut is not growing back so I gotta just run with it.

it's like raising babies with no larynxes. At least babies can cry to let you know something's up.
These don't. They'll happily sit there and die without a peep.

I've raised three children. Night feeds, dirty protests, projectile vomit, fevers, poxes, tantrums and everything in between. Growing weed is harder lol

I'm happy that my first grow is going this well, even with my cal/mag issue (i missed the mail today, there was a parcel, will have to pick it up), but if i can just keep them alive another 40 days I'm golden lol

Yes those white things you are talking about are pistils. It is what turns into the buds. It is how you know the plant is a girl. After a week or 2 in flower they show. The males will show balls clusters of them they look like a teardrop or a spade shape and need to be pulled immediately or they will open up spread pollen and cause all your cannabis to be full of seeds. You may get a plant with both balls and pistils. If that happens that plant is a hermaphrodite which can happen per branch or even per flower. Those are only good for seed harvesting projects. Your plants look fine a bit leggy from stretching a whole bunch but that will get under control as you learn more about training techniques.

Update

Can anyone tell me if this is a sign of a male flower??

2014-07-11_00_56_571.jpg

pulled a few off, here's pics

2014-07-11_04_42_33.jpg
2014-07-11_04_42_28.jpg
2014-07-11_04_41_32.jpg

they seem to have a hard nodule inside rather than pollen like i'd expect. two pistils sticking out of each. they taste a bit like cucumber (i taste parts of anything i grow, always have, just my way)

these things are on almost every single flower. four per flower; two on one side, two on the other. exactly the same look. they occur in the split between the stems.

so pulling four of them off was ungood?

thank you so much, I've been stressing over this for literally hours, really considering going at the whole heap with the tweezers.

you sir, are godlike.

As long as your lady isn't genetically predisposed to hermie or isn't stressed to the point where it hermies, you should never see any stamens on a female. Unless you are growing for seed production, you don't want a male or any male flowers anywhere near your ladies. If you ever do see any stamens, removed them on sight and try to determine what could be causing the hermaphroditism.

You pulled off the calyx?? Lmao it's cool EQ. Even I it was male sacs u still had more than enough time to confirm and diced the plant. No patience is a virtue.

Welcome to :420: MickyMac

Hey mickymac welcome to the site. Hope you learn a lot and have a nice productive grow. If you need help or just want subscribers let me know and I will come and subscribe to your journal.Equanimity I started a little section called smokerjoes corner. A lot of people asked me to tell some stories and like my writing style and so now that my grow is over and I have time to I started it up. I would like to invite you as well as your journal patrons to come by if you would like and feel free to read comment tell stories of your own. The link is in my signature. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom